• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

D

Deleted member

Another Patch Change...
Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 3.26.29 PM.png

Also...
Vanish Hitbox Size Reduced 14 -> 13

Last edited by a moderator:

Envoy_

Smash Cadet
Another Patch Change...
View attachment 95128
I saw that too and decided to test it out. If anyone can test it too and help confirm it that would be cool.

So I did testing on the edge of FD in training mode with no DI from Mario (Control). I found that 1.1.3 Mario died at 90% while 1.1.4 Mario died at 93%. So vanish only kills 3% later. Not bad actually imo.

D

Deleted member

I saw that too and decided to test it out. If anyone can test it too and help confirm it that would be cool.

So I did testing on the edge of FD in training mode with no DI from Mario (Control). I found that 1.1.3 Mario died at 90% while 1.1.4 Mario died at 93%. So vanish only kills 3% later. Not bad actually imo.
Yeah, just tested it as well. Not a nerf at all really lol
but it's there...

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I'm more interested about the hitbox size. how much of a difference does it make ?

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
This nerf in Vanish...
I'm really upset about it.

Why keep Needles as strange as they are (in her actual framedata/moveset) and nerf one of the few reliable "early" kill options.
DThrow-> Vanish don't kill a lot of characters until reasonable high damage, and now even more...
And it's stupid because people should never airdodge until high damage because our Uair isn't as killer as it seems, depending a lot of rage effect to be effective after throws.
You all can call me a cry baby, and I know Sheik should be the better character in the game right now, but I don't care.
Nerfing Vanish was stupid. Probably a nerf in Bouncing Fish hitbox would be right, but this ?

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
Vanish frame traps were always just a mix-up option, a lot of people didn't like doing it in general and now they have even less of a reason to. Vanish off down throw seems like a pretty bad option now, especially if the hitbox did get nerfed.

Mostly this is gonna hurt those off-stage vanish kills when recovering or edge guarding.

Really odd change. I suppose it could be worse, but they seem to love nerfing her kill options (uair, BF, bair, and now vanish).

Now I'm worried that more nerfs have yet to be found, like frame data.

Last edited:

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
Agreed, the hitbox reduction is minuscule. It won't affect us in game honestly.
I wouldn't be so sure. If their DI was on point, often times you just barely clipped them with the edge of the hitbox.

Envoy_

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't be so sure. If their DI was on point, often times you just barely clipped them with the edge of the hitbox.
Yeah, there will have to be microspacing adjustments for those situations to compensate with the changes.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
This nerf in Vanish...
I'm really upset about it.

Why keep Needles as strange as they are (in her actual framedata/moveset) and nerf one of the few reliable "early" kill options.
DThrow-> Vanish don't kill a lot of characters until reasonable high damage, and now even more...
And it's stupid because people should never airdodge until high damage because our Uair isn't as killer as it seems, depending a lot of rage effect to be effective after throws.
You all can call me a cry baby, and I know Sheik should be the better character in the game right now, but I don't care.
Nerfing Vanish was stupid. Probably a nerf in Bouncing Fish hitbox would be right, but this ?
I'm not upset about it honestly. I'm actually glad, they're looking at the right move to nerf.

Nerf one of needles, fair, bouncing fish, or down throw heavily, and Sheik will get a HUGE hit.

But nerf vanish, and Sheik will get a hit she's bound to have gotten already lmao.

I'm saying Vanish is the best of the worst when it comes to nerfs, anything else would be too big imo.

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
Why does everyone play the female Robin/Corrin? Are they all just creepy perverts?

By the way if there are actually a lot of male Robin/Corrin users please correct me :p

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Why does everyone play the female Robin/Corrin? Are they all just creepy perverts?

By the way if there are actually a lot of male Robin/Corrin users please correct me :p
Personally I like women more than men, no shame in that honestly. It also means I like looking at women more than I like looking at men, hence why I use female versions whenever available. :p

That said both Robin and Corrin have badass male skins that I occasionally use sometimes.

But male WFT... that's an abomination.

Last edited:

exnecross

Smash Journeyman

When I was a teenager and in my early 20s, I would always play the male characters in games. Now I am at the age where I don't care anymore and I would rather play as a cutie.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I agree that a hard change in Needles would be harder to us...
It would modify some MU's, probably.
But when people complains about Sheik needles... I understand the struggle.
We're talking about the best framedata in the game, rushdown as she wants... and with a overwhelming projectile?
I'm used to overcamp friends that plays Robin or Link because they tell me it's painfully funny.
So... I'm sad with the Vanish nerf and I would change it for a Needles nerf.
Yes... it could be worse for Sheik, but she would suffers that much either way ?
-------------------------

OFF: I always use male avatar characters because I think it's easier to look at them as the character I choose to be.
I'm that type of person who looks to the male Robins/Corrin and try what I think it's the coolest, something like :
"Oh, I would be that character if I was in this universe".
I'm sad because I didn't like any Corrin color scheme. No red hair, black hair... I'm actually using green(a color I dislike) because reminds of my fav FE character of all time, Rolf (archer in FE: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn).

Last edited:

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
Personally I like women more than men, no shame in that honestly. It also means I like looking at women more than I like looking at men, hence why I use female versions whenever available. :p

That said both Robin and Corrin have badass male skins that I occasionally use sometimes.

But male WFT... that's an abomination.
Welp, I guess I'm the only one that uses male WFT...not that I ever use WFT lol
When I was a teenager and in my early 20s, I would always play the male characters in games. Now I am at the age where I don't care anymore and I would rather play as a cutie.
That's a good point. What do you have to say about your profile picture?

Last edited:

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
That's a good point. What do you have to say about your profile picture?
My profile picture is Char Aznable from a classic 70's anime. Most fans of 0079 are in their 40's by now, although thankfully I am not that old yet.

Last edited:

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
My profile picture is Char Aznable from a classic 70's anime. Most fans of 0079 are in their 40's by now, although thankfully I am not that old yet.
That's pretty interesting.

Also, someone should try INC shield dropping

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
So what are everyone's opinions on the new fighters? Personally, I'm not too crazy about Bayonetta, but Corrin seems to have some good potential. I've heard a comparison with Melee Marth, though I wouldn't go that far.

D

Deleted member

Corrin has quite a bit of potential, requires good fundamentals and reads to be optimal.
I really enjoy playing Corrin when i'm not playing Sheik.

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
I think corrin is a great secondary for sheik mains

She will teach you how to use dtilt
A lot of her moves function like sheik
A projectile as fast a needles
And a surf board
Also she destroys ryu and Rosa(?) Both are annoying mus for sheik

Plus she will teach you better fundamentals without being spoiled by sheik. I love corrin. I have never had more than one character in a fighting game, but for the first time ever I do.

D

Deleted member

I think corrin is a great secondary for sheik mains

She will teach you how to use dtilt
A lot of her moves function like sheik
A projectile as fast a needles
And a surf board
Also she destroys ryu and Rosa(?) Both are annoying mus for sheik

Plus she will teach you better fundamentals without being spoiled by sheik. I love corrin. I have never had more than one character in a fighting game, but for the first time ever I do.
Yeah, thinking about actually Co-Maining Corrin.
Everything I wanted in a Sword Fighter...Projectile, Counter, Range, plus Corrin is a damn dragon for crying out loud.
It might also help that I love FE.

Juneau

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0748-5905-6690
I never really got into sheik until the last update... I guess she just needed that extra lightness for me to be really feeling it. I've had dang good results, just not against corrin... Probably just me though, unless others have noticed it's a tricky matchup.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
So I attended my first tournament today...
Man was it fun.
It's a monthly, got 19 smash 4 entrants. I placed ninth, my friend and training partner, got 4th.

When the TO was telling us the rules etc I was getting butterflies. First tourney nerves were real.
All games were 3 stock bo3.

Round 1 I played against a ness, and did pretty well first stock, then nerves got to me. Messed up even simple stuff like b-reversals, grenades went everywhere, maximum spaghetti. Lost game 1, 2 stocked.
Game 2 I switched to ZSS and didn't do much better.

Round 2 I had to play the loser of our regions #1 round 1 game. All of their games were last stock last hit so it wasn't looking good. They played peach so I kinda just stomped on them with ZSS because that matchup... well... yeah.

Round 3 played against a corrin and was eliminated 0 - 2.

After winners finals I played some friendlies with the corrin and the winner of winners finals. I demolished them both. Conclusion, I play terribly under stress.
Going to my next tournament in 2 weeks, hoping to do better :D

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
My hope is that Corrin gets less lag on her projectile. The stun isn't very useful when it's so tough to follow up on. Her spacing game is fun, so I'm looking forward to learning her better.

Man was it fun.
It's a monthly, got 19 smash 4 entrants. I placed ninth, my friend and training partner, got 4th.

When the TO was telling us the rules etc I was getting butterflies. First tourney nerves were real.

Round 1 I played against a ness, and did pretty well first stock, then nerves got to me. Messed up even simple stuff like b-reversals, grenades went everywhere, maximum spaghetti. Lost game 1, 2 stocked.

Round 2 I had to play the loser of our regions #1 round 1 game. All of their games were last stock last hit so it wasn't looking good. They played peach so I kinda just stomped on them with ZSS because that matchup... well... yeah.

After winners finals I played some friendlies with the corrin and the winner of winners finals. I demolished them both. Conclusion, I play terribly under stress.
Congrats, man! Yeah, everyone's first tournament is rough. If you can get used to keeping your head straight under stress, you'll be better than most other people there. It'll just come with time.

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Bayonetta is going to be a repeat of Ryu, where at first everyone is split about her viability, then suddenly someone starts winning with the character and she shoots up the tier list. Not entirely sure though, it depends on the reliability of her combos

D

Deleted member

Man was it fun.

Nice! Congrats!
I definitely know where your'e coming from, that just comes easier over time.
It'll become more and more comfortable!

Lucasmaster90

Smash Rookie
NNID
LucasmasterBR
Hi, I am new here, and i am trying to get better with sheik, if some could play with me 2 or 3 matches to tell me tips and what pratice i will be thankful

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
Corrin kinda feels like a Sheik-lite. Her dtilt combos intil uair, her fair combos into itself, her nair is quick and gets people off of you, she has a great short hop, and in general just plays a lot like her imo. I keep doing dumb stuff though, like bair-ing when I would bair with Sheik. That's how similar they feel to me.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Yeah, I'm definitely adding Corrin to my short list. She (I'm gonna use the female palette because of course) has a potentially great combo game, her side B is really, really cool, her Uair actually kills, sword/lance disjoint is always a relief from Sheik's body hitboxes, and, well, dragon with a chainsaw.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Congrats, man! Yeah, everyone's first tournament is rough. If you can get used to keeping your head straight under stress, you'll be better than most other people there. It'll just come with time.
not mine, got 2nd at my 1st tournament :3

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
I've never been to a tournament myself (although I plan on going to one during the summer), but my friend actually won his first tournament

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
I just realized that some of the old percent threads are now wrong, if only by a little, because of Sheik's knockback nerfs, especially to Fair...

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
I just realized that some of the old percent threads are now wrong, if only by a little, because of Sheik's knockback nerfs, especially to Fair...
Uh-oh, does it have less base knockback or knockback growth?

Top Bottom