• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
also anyone know what mr r and neitono vids will be posted? I'd like to see them.

forums didn't give me an alert for this post, thanks obama

Just saw Mr. R using it against ZeRo so that cleared things up. I'm sticking to my previous assumption for now.

Eh, she was one of the characters I was initially interested in but I can't get a feel for her. I don't think it's going to happen.

Also she hits like a pillow it isn't satisfying :c
let us know how yew go

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Lol *She hits like a pillow* Yeah that she does, but holy hell that pillow doesn't know how to stop hitting.

Look forward to people figuring this out, I tried it a bit in training the other day and it was quite difficult to do... I'd appreciate more info on it.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Since you seem to be the only other Sheik on I'll might as well tell you my progress ^_^

90-160% I can get this to combo on Zero suit Samus in training mode but I can't do it constantly. It seems after jumping forward into the needle throw how exactly the needles hit the opponent can decide if you will be able to land the bounce fish or not... It's strange though, I don't feel it's random but demanding godly precision. There's two outcomes in needle knock back.

1. Each needle hits and pushes the opponent upward before being sent fairly upwards. If you get this knock back then it's possible to combo as low as 90% but get this at 160% and they fly way too high and you will always miss.

2. Each needle hits and they get somehow hit horizontally. I don't understand why this is happening, even more so due to the fact all needles are still hitting but this seem to happen more often if not always if you don't hit with all needles. If you get this at 90% you wont be able to combo into BF.

There are percents where it doesn't matter how your needle hit them though, I can start constantly getting it to work at 105% on Zero Suit Samus no matter the knock back just as long all the needles hit.

If this is what you're referring to, it's based on strong hit needles vs weak hit needles.

Also my camerawork is amazing.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
@ Lavani Lavani

If this is what you're referring to, it's based on strong hit needles vs weak hit needles.

Also my camerawork is amazing.
Hm, to be honest I never noticed needles having less knock back depending on how far they been thrown. I like learning new things about my character, thank you. With no DI point blank needle can kill at starting position ZZS in training mode on omega at 304% while max range needle it's 372%.

Sadly this isn't what I'm referring to, typically the needles do 7-10% damage while the BF does a constant 12% making a total of 19-22% combo. I've been unable to get 23% (11+12=23) combo with this but that most likely doesn't really matter since I can get 10% from needles.

Try this
Set Zero Suit Samus to 140% in training mode, cpu behavior 'control' and do dash into full hop rising needle storm into BF but when you throw the needles try having the first one land on Zero Suit Samus foot or miss completely and you will see the horizontal knock back results yourself.

Although I don't acknowledge the idea that the knock back is different because we are hitting the foot of the model first but maybe this is how you get the proper spread of needles to get this knock back?

..... Sighs ....... Okay I'm starting to think your right and this is based purely on how much knock back needles do due to distance.

Well done @ Lavani Lavani

The results are getting messed up due to Sheik throwing needles in a angle at a straight wall that is Samus, so this shouldn't be a problem for characters like Kirby. I'll have to keep this in mind while test, which greatly raise how difficult it is to test this.

On another note:

=D

You guyz, you guyz they are watching! <3

Shout out to @ Absol Absol , @ _Tree _Tree @Wasserwipf

After watching all of apex I think the only thing (beyond player skill hur hur hur) separating the best Sheiks and the average is fair into BF and aerial needles into BF. False, Nietono, Mr. R seem to do these nearly constantly so it's pretty obviously they been hitting the lab.

^__^ I wonder how much longer they will remain the cutting edge with #teamsheik being around.

ALTHOUGH, I would really wish they would use ground vanish to kill more, it's Sheik best kill option around the center of the stage and can kill so early off near the sides of the stage so I just don't understand why they don't mix it into their play at all.

Last edited:

iLLEST

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iLLESTm3
After watching all of apex I think the only thing (beyond player skill hur hur hur) separating the best Sheiks and the average is fair into BF and aerial needles into BF. False, Nietono, Mr. R seem to do these nearly constantly so it's pretty obviously they been hitting the lab.

^__^ I wonder how much longer they will remain the cutting edge with #teamsheik being around.

ALTHOUGH, I would really wish they would use ground vanish to kill more, it's Sheik best kill option around the center of the stage and can kill so early off near the sides of the stage so I just don't understand why they don't mix it into their play at all.
I think fair into BF is becoming much more common. needles into BF.. now thats some stuff. First time I saw it was Mr R, but it went over my head. Next time I saw it was Absol vs a villager. super dope.

I get a good amount of kills from full hop vanish into high recovering opponents. (FG tho so grain of salt)
Also, with ground vanish I can't tell if its faster to recover on the ground or recover diagonal..

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I think fair into BF is becoming much more common. needles into BF.. now thats some stuff. First time I saw it was Mr R, but it went over my head. Next time I saw it was Absol vs a villager. super dope.

I get a good amount of kills from full hop vanish into high recovering opponents. (FG tho so grain of salt)
Also, with ground vanish I can't tell if its faster to recover on the ground or recover diagonal..
Actually it's 100% identical. This was the case in Brawl and @Wasserwipf has retested this and found this continues to happen in Smash4.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Joining the sheik avatar club... :]

on other news, if I can get my gc adapter + controller in time, I might be participating in a local here, playing Sheik of course. if I do that then it would be my first tournament ever. I really hope I could get my hands on a controller before then though, so far I've only been playing on the gamepad which is really limiting and the tour has wireless controllers banned for some reason... so I'll have to either get me a Pro Controller (which are literally extinct) or wait, hope and pray for the gc adapter + controller to arrive before the tour starts. not sure about how good/competitive people are in the tour though, but it doesn't look so small tbh.

Last edited:

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Honestly needles into BF hasn't been too hard for me to pull off. Not sure if it's just my opponent not trying to get out of it or what, but it just feels like a spacing thing.

Also I got to meet Ed at Apex. :D Only got to play him when he was barely awake though, but still super hype. ^_^ Performed kind of poorly, but haven't had my Wii U all month so I guess I shouldn't have expected too much.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Joining the sheik avatar club... :]

on other news, if I can get my gc adapter + controller in time, I might be participating in a local here, playing Sheik of course. if I do that then it would be my first tournament ever. I really hope I could get my hands on a controller before then though, so far I've only been playing on the gamepad which is really limiting and the tour has wireless controllers banned for some reason... so I'll have to either get me a Pro Controller (which are literally extinct) or wait, hope and pray for the gc adapter + controller to arrive before the tour starts. not sure about how good/competitive people are in the tour though, but it doesn't look so small tbh.
Pfff, Sheik avatar's are sooo 10 seconds ago. Moe avatar's is what's hot now.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Pfff, Sheik avatar's are sooo 10 seconds ago. Moe avatar's is what's hot now.
Just when I started to think i'm cool...

Its fine though, Sheik is a lot cooler than moe animu :^)

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
Picked up this character and replicated what I've seen from False and Mr. R.
Seems to be doing pretty well for me so far, just I generally have an SD problem with Grenade and Vanish.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Picked up this character and replicated what I've seen from False and Mr. R.
Seems to be doing pretty well for me so far, just I generally have an SD problem with Grenade and Vanish.
yeah the grenade SD is something we'll have to live with sadly :[

I don't usually SD with Vanish though, what are you doing wrong exactly?

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
If you ever have issues with burst grenade coming out after you land bouncing fish while buffering it to shave off landing lag, you can just press the attack button to hit with bouncing fish as soon as you're in the animation instead of B.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Anyone know where the individual YouTube matches of Mr. R and Nietono at Apex are? I would like to watch them after work.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
Thinking about picking up sheik for a secondary to cover some bad matchups, who would you consider to be some of sheiks worst matchups? I know she has very few but just curious.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Honestly needles into BF hasn't been too hard for me to pull off. Not sure if it's just my opponent not trying to get out of it or what, but it just feels like a spacing thing.

Also I got to meet Ed at Apex. :D Only got to play him when he was barely awake though, but still super hype. ^_^ Performed kind of poorly, but haven't had my Wii U all month so I guess I shouldn't have expected too much.
I remember that man. We had to play and I was drunk/hungover/KOed lmao. Good times! We'll get more in another time.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Went to a local today and got 5th, virgil actually knocked me out but even then I sd'ed twice... Anyways point of this post was holy hell aerial needles>BF is legit and super easy. Also enjoy mega stall shenanigan... Ohhhh Izaw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2XjD32j2OM

Last edited:

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I remember that man. We had to play and I was drunk/hungover/KOed lmao. Good times! We'll get more in another time.
LOL The worst kind of combo. Also that would be hype. :D I want to learn the MU with another charcter, so I don't have to deal with the people complaining about too much Sheik bs.

Ravik

Smash Rookie
Anyone see that Netflix is starting their own legend of zelda series?

Noventia

Smash Cadet
I've started using sheik and tbh I think this is where i'll stay. Still wondering what I should set my c stick to.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
They haven't started production yet, I don't think they even have a screenwriter.

Last edited:

Ravik

Smash Rookie
No I haven't and honestly without seeing it yet I'm afraid it's going to be pretty bad.
Right?? I'm hoping they looked at past mistakes and don't goof it up. Like, I don't even mind if Link has a voice. As long as it's written well.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Right?? I'm hoping they looked at past mistakes and don't goof it up. Like, I don't even mind if Link has a voice. As long as it's written well.
I also think how Link voice sounds would truly define how much I'll like the show. If it has even a hint of whiny in there I wont get pass the first episode.

Question: Is this live action or a cartoon?

Ravik

Smash Rookie
I also think how Link voice sounds would truly define how much I'll like the show. If it has even a hint of whiny in there I wont get pass the first episode.

I think only netflix knows that right now

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166

Live action

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
It honestly could not be worse than the previous Zelda show we got. Yes, sadly, I did watch all of the The Legend Of Zelda cartoon. And it was not worth it.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
So I did a little testing with @ Absol Absol about this and then thought about comparing it to the level 9 cpu. These are the cpu %'s

At 35% 1 grab hit into Fthrow
At 115% 2 grab hit into Fthrow
At 175% 3 grab hit into Fthrow

Honestly I feel I was more constant at 40%,120% and 180% respectfully

I hope we be able to find the human % percents shortly

I know this isn't much but considering 1 grab hit = 3% which is almost half the damage from the fthrow (7%) and is half of dthrow (6%) it shouldn't be ignored. This is even more important in the higher percents as follow ups are no longer guaranteed and double the damage of your throws is pretty nice.

Last edited:

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
LOL I didn't realize our throw damage was so bad while our pummels would add so much to it. Definitely plan on pummeling more. :o Super neat stuff. :D

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind rasha they didn't list half the changes for patch 1.0.4 for sheik, all of the testers here on the sheik boards figured the changes out and were infuriated. Then again I was made to believe by a friend that this patch was exclusively for other things than character balancing, did he lie?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
@Darksilver77 I did like your video though, out of the two ...combo video's... on youtube yours is by far the best. Although with that said I wouldn't of given it a passing grade as there's a lot of ways it could of been improved.

Oh and yes I know you didn't call it a combo video (which played a big part to the reason why I even like it) but it has more combo's then the 12 minute piece of dung that the 'Redemption' video has

Top Bottom