• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
You know, at this point I'm kind of expecting a nerf. At least, that way I won't be disappointed regardless of what happens.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Dumb question, but some people say Sheik's a guy and some say Sheik's a girl, what is Sheik?
It depends on who you ask. In the the Japanese version of Melee, Brawl, Smash bros direct, and Sheik's Hyrule Warriors bio no pronouns are used to refer to Sheik. It's probably up to the individual.

I personally view Sheik as a male character.

Last edited:

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
It depends on who you ask. In the the Japanese version of Melee, Brawl, Smash bros direct, and Sheik's Hyrule Warriors bio no pronouns are used to refer to Sheik. It's probably up to the individual.

Well stop that

Jarelo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jarelo

Here is a statement by Bill Trinen released today stating that Sheik is a woman.
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/05/nintendos-bill-trinen-clarifies-that-sheik-is-female/

I think that people are overthinking the whole gender idea, and that Sheik only APPEARED to look male because of the disguise. People may make the argument that Sheik may only be female for Hyrule Warriors, but it wouldn't make sense that Nintendo would completely change the gender of an iconic character for a spinoff meant to convey the vast history of the Legend of Zelda series.

EDIT: Here's a better article http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/5/5948989/zelda-nintendo-sheik-gender-cosplay

Last edited:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Sheik has been referred to as a female in every Smash game she's appeared in as well as in Hyrule Warriors, now. Even if none of those games are technically canonical in the Zelda universe, all of them are meant to closely - even exactly - replicate the characters of the games. Since Sheik is confirmed to be female in multiple out-of-universe instances meant to represent her character, it would follow that she is a female in the canon universe as well.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Palettes 1, 3 and 4 seem too similar to me...

Crudedude

Smash Cadet
lol reading the "what is sheik's sex" comments reminds me of birdo's forum where it's always debating about her/his sex even when the topic isn't about that. I don't believe we can say what gender sheik is because it's just a disguise/transformation not real just alter ego. The last two palettes seems to change her appearance from assassin to fighter kinda. Makes me think of power ranger.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Looks like sheik is going to be one of the most popular characters in the begining... I'm not going to make a name for myself playing this lady.

Crudedude

Smash Cadet
Looks like sheik is going to be one of the most popular characters in the begining... I'm not going to make a name for myself playing this lady.
Beginning and end ;). Sheik got some very good tools with her now.

Jarelo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jarelo
Sucks that her final smash is the same. I would have liked to see something different from the light arrow, but it's not like I'll be playing much with items anyway :/

Jackson

Smash Lord
I didn't think i really would be... but I am EXCITED for smash 4 shiek. I'll still likely main Robin but Shiek's moves are looking really fun.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I swear there was all this excitement about Sheik and then I watch streams all weekend and no one is playing her. It's really upsetting.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Okay, so I spent a little time messing around with Sheik. She is ridiculously good.

Dash-shield is like 4 frames at most. That alone will make her amazing. Her approach game will be CRAZY good.

She also gets D-throw follow-ups into Uair at kill percentages.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Okay, so I spent a little time messing around with Sheik. She is ridiculously good.

Dash-shield is like 4 frames at most. That alone will make her amazing. Her approach game will be CRAZY good.

She also gets D-throw follow-ups into Uair at kill percentages.
Shiek is looking SO good. I mean, she has awesome aerials, tilts, and throws, and two projectiles. Also the amazing
dash to shield you mentioned. I'm gonna have to use this character. Too good not to.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I played her some and I'm hearing and seeing all these things about her but I'm just not getting it yet. I think for now I'm gonna chalk it up to it being a 3DS and not just a GC controller.

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
I played her some and I'm hearing and seeing all these things about her but I'm just not getting it yet. I think for now I'm gonna chalk it up to it being a 3DS and not just a GC controller.
I felt that way too. I cant do anything with this thing.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
^__^ So I got to watch some more Sheik footage and I made a lot of notes. ^__^

Throws/Uair

• I forgot to mention that Uair is now a kill move, killing off the top around 90% against ~shrugs~ mid weight characters when fresh

· Uthrow can combo into uair

· Downthrow combos into uair…like a lot

· Dthrow into uair combo confirm below 30% and works on some characters until 90% if not more

· With DI peole can avoid the dthrow into uair combo, we need to see if we have another option

· bthrow looks the same with the same di trap and with how good dthrow is now will be even better.

· uair 15%?

· Over 130% dtilt into uair looks like it can combo.

· Dtilt into uair looks like our best kill option after grab into uair

Specials

· Sheik ground needles are super fast, possible the fastest projectile in the game and stun longer then ever before, massive buff overall.

· Needles now look to be safe even at point blank range.

· Needle might stun even at 0%, they are pretty damn safe

· needles do less damage depending on how far they been thrown

· needles do less damage or lose damage much faster

· It looks like needles could even be a combo starter above 100%

· no tether on side B, hopefully I’m wrong but I doubt it.

· side B useless for comboing after 100%

· side B can be held for as long as you want?

· side B has lots of lag in the air, do not use off stage.

· side B grenade has a hit box on the grenade itself before the explosion

· down B go a lot farther in the air then the ground and it’s pretty quick

· Down B can be a real kill move before 130% as it had the special effects

· Up B has inv frames, no idea how much

· Fair into vanish or uair into vanish might be a real thing now, not a combo but a good mix up that could potentially kill.

Ftilt/Dtilt

· So much combo power for the ftilt in the low %

· it looks like fresh ftilt can be hard to combo around 50% if you hit with just the foot. The knock back is more Melee style then Brawl which honestly is a good thing as it was horrible hard to follow up in Brawl

· I'm 100% sure that ftilt foot knock back and inner thighs (possible the rest of her leg too) are completely different.

· Ftilt not safe at 10% or below ...ORLY?

· Ftilt lock is still possible

· It looks ftilt is unsafe on shield if space poorly, I think even more so then Brawl. This might be true for most attack however not just sheik ftilt.

· Dtilt low % is still good, maybe even better then it was in Brawl which is scary. In the mid-high percents it continue to combo too

· dtilt into jabs, look legit on falco in the low %

Aerials

· dair sucks, 11% no follow up potential no matter the percentage. It looks unchanged and I hate it. Give back our fastfaller combo starter samurai!1!

· bair doesn't kill before 130% but it likes to show the killing special effects like it’s suppose to

· Bair close to sheik is a weak tap, we might be able to combo from this

· Sadly I think nair might of been nerf, I hope I’m wrong.

· WAS THAT FAIR INTO FMSMASH A COMBO?! on falco ( I kept the note the same just because it’s hilarious)

Other

· Sheik is much faster running, dashing, falling, and even 2nd jumping. Sheik movement speed is very similar to Melee HECK I’m daring enough to say it might be even faster. I also think they improve her air mobility which would be amazing if true.

· Sheik pain voice is painful to hear, she groans a lot when hit. Not sexy.

· Wall cling confirm! …woot………

· Crawling confirmed! (I’m actual excited!)

· It looks like dash attack can't combo very well but it strings ‘okay’ and set people up so you can pressure them. It also looks a lot better than Brawl were at some % it was unsafe to use even if you hit them.

· usmash looks slower to me. ~shrugs~ hard to tell

· Wow, when people are shield on platforms hitting them with usmash doesn’t make them slide at all.

· fsmash on shield is SUPER unsafe. Greeninja jump out between kicks... I think

· dasmash is not a kill move, it can't kill robin from the center of fd at 100% I don’t think it even got the special effect showing it’s suppose to kill.

· Well at least dash attack can kill around 130% now on wii fit near the edge of FD, that’s an improvement.

EDIT2: GOOD WATCH

edit3: If this Sheik was in Brawl people would be naming their children Sheik out of respect to her by now. She would also be without a single doubt high tier if not god tier.... Just sayin....

edit4: I just like to point out in the video at one point he tries doing ftilt into usmash and on the 4th decay was able to land it on Mario kinda of like Brawl =3

Edit5: I love the internet, everything is so easy to make now.

edit: My response to life and my family when smash comes out to the usa.

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord
^__^ So I got to watch some more Sheik footage and I made a lot of notes. ^__^

Throws/Uair

• I forgot to mention that Uair is now a kill move, killing off the top around 90% against ~shrugs~ mid weight characters when fresh

· Uthrow can combo into uair

· Downthrow combos into uair…like a lot

· Dthrow into uair combo confirm below 30% and works on some characters until 90% if not more

· With DI peole can avoid the dthrow into uair combo, we need to see if we have another option

· bthrow looks the same with the same di trap and with how good dthrow is now will be even better.

· uair 15%?

· Over 130% dtilt into uair looks like it can combo.

· Dtilt into uair looks like our best kill option after grab into uair

Specials

· Sheik ground needles are super fast, possible the fastest projectile in the game and stun longer then ever before, massive buff overall.

· Needles now look to be safe even at point blank range.

· Needle might stun even at 0%, they are pretty damn safe

· needles do less damage depending on how far they been thrown

· needles do less damage or lose damage much faster

· It looks like needles could even be a combo starter above 100%

· no tether on side B, hopefully I’m wrong but I doubt it.

· side B useless for comboing after 100%

· side B can be held for as long as you want?

· side B has lots of lag in the air, do not use off stage.

· side B grenade has a hit box on the grenade itself before the explosion

· down B go a lot farther in the air then the ground and it’s pretty quick

· Down B can be a real kill move before 130% as it had the special effects

· Up B has inv frames, no idea how much

· Fair into vanish or uair into vanish might be a real thing now, not a combo but a good mix up that could potentially kill.

Ftilt/Dtilt

· So much combo power for the ftilt in the low %

· it looks like fresh ftilt can be hard to combo around 50% if you hit with just the foot. The knock back is more Melee style then Brawl which honestly is a good thing as it was horrible hard to follow up in Brawl

· I'm 100% sure that ftilt foot knock back and inner thighs (possible the rest of her leg too) are completely different.

· Ftilt not safe at 10% or below ...ORLY?

· Ftilt lock is still possible

· It looks ftilt is unsafe on shield if space poorly, I think even more so then Brawl. This might be true for most attack however not just sheik ftilt.

· Dtilt low % is still good, maybe even better then it was in Brawl which is scary. In the mid-high percents it continue to combo too

· dtilt into jabs, look legit on falco in the low %

Aerials

· dair sucks, 11% no follow up potential no matter the percentage. It looks unchanged and I hate it. Give back our fastfaller combo starter samurai!1!

· bair doesn't kill before 130% but it likes to show the killing special effects like it’s suppose to

· Bair close to sheik is a weak tap, we might be able to combo from this

· Sadly I think nair might of been nerf, I hope I’m wrong.

· WAS THAT FAIR INTO FMSMASH A COMBO?! on falco ( I kept the note the same just because it’s hilarious)

Other

· Sheik is much faster running, dashing, falling, and even 2nd jumping. Sheik movement speed is very similar to Melee HECK I’m daring enough to say it might be even faster. I also think they improve her air mobility which would be amazing if true.

· Sheik pain voice is painful to hear, she groans a lot when hit. Not sexy.

· Wall cling confirm! …woot………

· Crawling confirmed! (I’m actual excited!)

· It looks like dash attack can't combo very well but it strings ‘okay’ and set people up so you can pressure them. It also looks a lot better than Brawl were at some % it was unsafe to use even if you hit them.

· usmash looks slower to me. ~shrugs~ hard to tell

· Wow, when people are shield on platforms hitting them with usmash doesn’t make them slide at all.

· fsmash on shield is SUPER unsafe. Greeninja jump out between kicks... I think

· dasmash is not a kill move, it can't kill robin from the center of fd at 100% I don’t think it even got the special effect showing it’s suppose to kill.

· Well at least dash attack can kill around 130% now on wii fit near the edge of FD, that’s an improvement.

EDIT2: GOOD WATCH

edit3: If this Sheik was in Brawl people would be naming their children Sheik out of respect to her by now. She would also be without a single doubt high tier if not god tier.... Just sayin....

edit4: I just like to point out in the video at one point he tries doing ftilt into usmash and on the 4th decay was able to land it on Mario kinda of like Brawl =3

Edit5: I love the internet, everything is so easy to make now.
Nice observations, I agree with a lot of your points.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Just saw VGB stream play a lot of sheik matches. I saw some pretty amazing stuff.

Her F-Air is interesting. It's a reliable chain in a combo, at the same time it's fantastic offstage. F-tilt to f-air is a combo, or at least a very consistent move string.

When the enemy is at higher perfects, F-Air is fantastic at giving them trouble offstage. It's not a KO move, per se, but it does push them out of your defensive zone.

The key to sheik is gimping, really. Combo them till you can get them offstage, use F-Air and B-Air to guard the edge and enjoy the fact that you just killed someone at 90%.

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord
Just saw VGB stream play a lot of sheik matches. I saw some pretty amazing stuff.

Her F-Air is interesting. It's a reliable chain in a combo, at the same time it's fantastic offstage. F-tilt to f-air is a combo, or at least a very consistent move string.

When the enemy is at higher perfects, F-Air is fantastic at giving them trouble offstage. It's not a KO move, per se, but it does push them out of your defensive zone.

The key to sheik is gimping, really. Combo them till you can get them offstage, use F-Air and B-Air to guard the edge and enjoy the fact that you just killed someone at 90%.
I totally agree. With the new edgehog mechanics offstage gimps seem to be really important, and Shiek has the tools to excel there. It's looking pretty cool.

On a completely unrelated note, do you play CS:GO ? A while back I saw someone on there with the name Rich Homie Quan.

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I totally agree. With the new edgehog mechanics offstage gimps seem to be really important, and Shiek has the tools to excel there. It's looking pretty cool.

On a completely unrelated note, do you play CS:GO ? A while back I saw someone on there with the name Rich Homie Quan.
For sure.

And nope. Rich Homie Quan is the name of a rapper from Atlanta. The dude you saw must have been stealing the name just like how I'm doing here on Smashboards :p

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Sheik is high tier and I'll probably be maining her.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Same. Going in to this, I was thinking "Robin's my main, that's it". But Sheik... hard to resist.
I'm in the exact same boat. I was dead set on Robin but after seeing Sheik I'm gonna have to think this through. Sheik is looking very, very good. Combos and gimps, I couldn't really ask for much else :)

Jackson

Smash Lord
I'm in the exact same boat. I was dead set on Robin but after seeing Sheik I'm gonna have to think this through. Sheik is looking very, very good. Combos and gimps, I couldn't really ask for much else :)
Yeah. Calling her the Brawl Meta Knight of Smash 4 is a stretch but it's safe to say she's up there.

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
A lot of the "combos" I'm seeing is stuff that could of been pulled off in brawl. Its like all of a sudden NOW people will see what she was able to do, and they're going crazy over it. She definitely has a lot more going for her this time around, and makes up for her flaws in brawl..but still. I really need a Sheik Hipster title.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I love Sheik in Brawl lol, I wish I could upload vids cause I feel as though she's super underrated and a really unique character but the metagame for that release is pretty much over despite how well off mine may be.

Top Bottom