• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

they said the same about jigglypuff in melee until mango showed up
They said the same thing about mewtwo and they were right, they said the same thing about pichu, and they were right. There are far more examples of ****ty characters actually being ****ty than merely overlooked.

Brawl Zelda isn't overlooked, shes awful, "knowing how to use her" doesn't matter when you play against people who know how to exploit her.

Blurr-kill

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blurr-kil
They said the same thing about mewtwo and they were right, they said the same thing about pichu, and they were right. There are far more examples of ****ty characters actually being ****ty than merely overlooked.

Brawl Zelda isn't overlooked, shes awful, "knowing how to use her" doesn't matter when you play against people who know how to exploit her.
Thats because all people want to play is offense (at least from games ive seen that what they do) and of corse when you use a character offensively when its not good at that its going to be aweful. Zelda is a counter-offense player using her any other way is suicide. Also if your good enough exploits shouldn't be much of a problem

Last edited:

Blurr-kill

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blurr-kil
Personaly i believe that if you put in enough effort you can be good with any character....but i guess thats because im only a casual player

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly, Zelda using her Twilight Princess design kind of cemented that Sheik's returning. "It doesn't match Zelda's design" doesn't apply, like what was once used as a point for cutting Sheik.

MrRJx

Smash Rookie
Skyward Sheik? Just give me Impa please.
No.

Sorry guys. After reading thread after thread of nonsense in silence, I must say:

Stop it. Jesus ****ing Christ, just stop it. Sheik will return. As Zelda's transformation. If she was going to scrapped, they would have in Brawl. It isn't like Mario with FLUUD. SHEIK IS A WHOLE CHARACTER. She is meant to compliment Zelda. They are one big ying-yang. Like Pokemon Trainer.

Last edited:

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
I'm worried over here.

Like. I legit love the character. I know people are like "THEY'RE GOING TO KEEP HER". Then why are they waiting this long? I think Sakurai has a hidden ace up his sleeve. And I dun like it.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Yeah, but Impa isn't actually Zelda.
I think he means as a seperate character
No.

Sorry guys. After reading thread after thread of nonsense in silence, I must say:

Stop it. Jesus ****ing Christ, just stop it. Sheik will return. As Zelda's transformation. If she was going to scrapped, they would have in Brawl. It isn't like Mario with FLUUD. SHEIK IS A WHOLE CHARACTER. She is meant to compliment Zelda. They are one big ying-yang. Like Pokemon Trainer.
Too bad it makes zelda worse

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Not really though.
Well yeah though, they have to be opposites and with sheik being a ninja and all she was the fast one while zelda was left as the slow, powerful character and because she's all magical and princessy she had to be floaty meaning she gets KO'd way too easily, her moves are also incredibly slow aswell

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Well yeah though, they have to be opposites and with sheik being a ninja and all she was the fast one while zelda was left as the slow, powerful character and because she's all magical and princessy she had to be floaty meaning she gets KO'd way too easily, her moves are also incredibly slow aswell
Exactly, they to have to have opposite play styles, more the reason to have them as two characters in one.

SuperSmashBrother

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3523-2286-3241
Well Impa is the fourth most important character in the Zelda series as she is the fourth one to appear in many zelda games. But I think Sheik should remain with Zelda.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Think that if Ganondorf is revealed next, Impa becomes more likely that Sheik. They are quite hinting at him woth the Twinrova reveal, he could be revealed tomorrow even.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Think that if Ganondorf is revealed next, Impa becomes more likely that Sheik. They are quite hinting at him woth the Twinrova reveal, he could be revealed tomorrow even.
With the way things are being revealed atm, I don't really see certain characters being revealed earlier than others mattering at all. I mean, Toon Link before Zelda, Dedede before Meta Knight, Lucario before Pokémon Trainer and Jigglypuff, Luigi before Peach, etc.

I am however fully expecting ZSS and Sheik to be the last reveals before release, because these two transformations don't really tie into anything promotionally, and they don't really whip up hype either.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
It's a given that Ganondorf will be in, so does Sheik. That's the most likely scenario in truth. Hoping for Impa is ok but a character's appearance doesn't necessarily negate the other (specially when the other is a veteran).

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
If it was Skyward Zelda, then I could see Sheik being replaced by Impa.
But it's not, So I'm sure Sheik is coming back.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I agree with @ MasterOfKnees MasterOfKnees Ganondorf getting revealed before Sheik means nothing in regards to Sheik's chances as Sakurai has revealed all sorts of characters in all kinds of orders regardless of who got revealed before another or who was a starter or unlockable in previous games.

We got Toon Link before Zelda, Luigi before Peach, Marth before Ike, King Dedede before Meta Knight and Lucario before Pokemon Trainer.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Toon Link made sence, it was the release date of Wind Waker HD.
Luigi before Peach? Makes sence, he's a 64 veteran and it's "Year of Luigi". So, yeah.
You'd expect Ike revealed before Marth though? Not many ever did. Think we'll see aike revealed as one of the latest characters.
King Dedede and Lucario are somewhat more questionable, but any order would do for those series after Pikachu and Kirby.

Sheik was the last revealed veteran for Brawl, if you don't count unlockables. And Ganondorf is one. Looking how things are going this time in terms of order which of the characters are getting revealed, it would make sence for Sheik to show up earlier than later. But am just gonna say that with the Phantom being there, her chances aren't quite good. And if they show Ganondorf before her, I think it makes it a lot more likely that they'd finish the series representation with a newcomer.

Am gonna say it, if Ganondorf is one of the upcoming 3 veteran fighters who's getting a reveal before another newcomer, I think that Sheik will be one of the few characters who will not be in this time.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ganondorf really has no bearing on Sheik whatsoever, I'm really not sure why you're making that connection to begin with. I'm still banking on transformations being revealed last, I'm not going to expect ZSS to be cut if Ridley is revealed before her for example, that'd only be natural imo, even if I'd like her to be cut. Things are obviously being done differently, they always are, that's why we haven't even seen Yoshi yet.

D

Deleted member

Ganondorf really has no bearing on Sheik whatsoever, I'm really not sure why you're making that connection to begin with.
Do you really have to question why?
Think about who you're talking to.....

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Yeah...I'm still gonna say no. Sheik is already a two times veteran, so any expectations (or hopes) of her being removed are just unrealistic. Gonna drop by next time to say I told you so.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Do you really have to question why?
Think about who you're talking to.....
I know, but it's fun questioning him and seeing him grasp at straws that don't even exist. If I didn't know who it was I was talking to I wouldn't even bother taking it very far.

Last edited:
Top Bottom