• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I hope Shiek has a Falcon Punch. Not for any reason other then the fact that it would look epic.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Doesn't seem to be much discussion about Sheik. I guess if Zelda's in she's in.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
yeah i really don't get why people are just SO sure sheik is gone. i mean, shes a smash classic by now and deserves to stay. plus, IMPA!?!?!?! really people?

why?

just why?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
yeah i really don't get why people are just SO sure sheik is gone. i mean, shes a smash classic by now and deserves to stay. plus, IMPA!?!?!?! really people?

why?

just why?
There's nearly nobody but Diddy Kong who thinks that Sheik has a chance of getting cut. I think she's here to stay.

I hope that either Sheik is replaced by Impa, both characters get a new down-b, and are competitively viable, OR that transform gets significantly faster and both characters get buffed into viable competitive standards. So far the Shielda gimmick hasn't meant much, there was no situation in melee where Zelda was a better choice, and in brawl Zelda was just so awful that you mainly switched to avoid getting chaingrabbed by Pikahcu, or to land a kill move and immediately switch back.

Mostly I want them both in the game. Sakurai pls

Also I read something on the front page of this thread about how they would rather have y who is a veteran character over x who has a great selling game. From the standpoint of someone who wants to sell the game, they are going to go with the most relevant rendition of the character, odds are veteran players are going to buy the game regardless of whether their favorite character is in or not, because they like the game. It makes more sense to appeal to new players by adding in the characters they can recognize. In the end even if Sheik is replaced by Impa, they'll probably have insanely similar movesets, and Impa will probably have a costume that is reminiscent of the Sheik that we're used too. As long as there is a sheikah character, that's really all that should matter. Or at least to me that's all that matters.

ShichibukaiJimbe

Smash Apprentice
I hope when Zelda is revealed, Sheik is also revealed already, instead of making us wait like with Zero Suit Samus

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No. Sheik doesn't make sence if she's not a transformation of Zelda. This ain't Project M. Ivysaur isn't gonna be playable on it's own either for example.

Prepare to main Impa, fans of Sheik.

Prepare to main Impa.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
No. Sheik doesn't make sence if she's not a transformation of Zelda. This ain't Project M. Ivysaur isn't gonna be playable on it's own either for example.

Prepare to main Impa, fans of Sheik.

Prepare to main Impa.
While I do agree Sheik shouldn't be in without being Zelda's transformation, Sheik still has a very good shot at being Zelda's transformation.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
While I do agree Sheik shouldn't be in without being Zelda's transformation, Sheik still has a very good shot at being Zelda's transformation.
How? It's far more likely that they change Sheik transformation for the Phantom that any of the Goddess Spells.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
How? It's far more likely that they change Sheik transformation for the Phantom that any of the Goddess Spells.
The way I see it, it's either an Assist Trophy, or it's either a replacement for her side B or her Neutral B, seeing as both of those moves weren't that great in Brawl, it seems to be an assist trophy most in my eyes as if it weren't, the Phantom would most likely be shown along side Zelda in her confirmation image, like Rosalina and Luma. That, and as many times as you've heard this before, she uses the same move, or at least pose, in 2 pictures, making it seem like it's not part of her moveset. An doesn't this look like what she does as her Down B?

Keep in mind, this is from a supporter of cutting Sheik and having Impa in her own slot before Toon Link was revealed.

ShichibukaiJimbe

Smash Apprentice
Zelda is spotting a design close to her brawl one. Sheik is already more than confirmed thus. Only kids in denial wouldn't accept that

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The way I see it, it's either an Assist Trophy, or it's either a replacement for her side B or her Neutral B, seeing as both of those moves weren't that great in Brawl, it seems to be an assist trophy most in my eyes as if it weren't, the Phantom would most likely be shown along side Zelda in her confirmation image, like Rosalina and Luma. That, and as many times as you've heard this before, she uses the same move, or at least pose, in 2 pictures, making it seem like it's not part of her moveset. An doesn't this look like what she does as her Down B?

Keep in mind, this is from a supporter of cutting Sheik and having Impa in her own slot before Toon Link was revealed.
That's my thought the pose she's in same pose in the one with peach and link

But if the knight is not a assist trophy most likly to replace side or neutral B I highly doubt shiek gets the boot)

That pose is more likely to be farores wind, transform and and farores have similar animations. It seems very silly to get rid of a goddess spell in place of the knight(which could be an assist trophy). And in brawl nayru's love is probably her best move, and din's fire is one of the best moves in the game in doubles, I don't think this image points either way for Sheik's appearance, but unless Zelda and Sheik are equally good characters, and cover different match ups significantly different, I'd prefer to have a sheik(or impa) with a full move set instead of a useless transform.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
it seems to be an assist trophy most in my eyes as if it weren't, the Phantom would most likely be shown along side Zelda in her confirmation image, like Rosalina and Luma
Why wasn't Toad shown alongside Peach in that regard then? Because Toad only appears in one move of Peach's, just like the Phantom would be for Zelda, IF the Phantom even is one of Zelda's moves now, which I think is very unlikely too. He's probably just an Assist Trophy. I do believe Sheik returns, if only because Zelda is back in her Twilight Princess appearance.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why would Zelda show the Phantom in her render of it's only a summoning attack? Used for one move only. It's like saying Mario needs to be shown with his F.L.U.D.D.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I thought you were talking about summoning and it staying with Zelda like the Luma does with Rosalina. Sorry 'bout that
No problem. It obviously won't work like that, but it'll be a great asset to Zelda's moveset in another way. And it seems specifically made to enchant Zelda's zoning style, and needing 'distractions' to make her style work out best.

Blurr-kill

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blurr-kil
Give me some proof that they did.
Well the only proof we have so far is the pictures. Not the best but thats besides the point. Lowering expectations is the goal here. That way if im right you wont be as disappointed and if im wrong you'll be twice as happy.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well the only proof we have so far is the pictures. Not the best but thats besides the point. Lowering expectations is the goal here. That way if im right you wont be as disappointed and if im wrong you'll be twice as happy.
That's irrelevant to the point he made and you know it.

He means we have no proof one way or the other.

Blurr-kill

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blurr-kil
That's irrelevant to the point he made and you know it.

He means we have no proof one way or the other.
Um i think its completely relevant being that that post was explaining why i said what i did. I knew there wasn't much to go off when i posted that, and when i saw his reply i thought he actually had proof i was wrong. I didn't mean to start an argument though i should have seen it coming. The whole point was to lower expectations

Last edited:

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
The pictures actually make alot of sense. I kinda can't see Sakurai revealing Sheik, and then just changing the picture to Zelda and Sheik. I would've just been like "Oh crap, I should release them both at the same time, since they're both going to be in the same slot, and now I won't have to waste my time making a Zelda pic and then later a Zelda/Sheik pic, so I should probably either do that, or just give them separate character slots, thereby justifying Zelda by her lonesome in the picture"

Because let's face it, if we get Sheik confirmed for being in the same slot as Zelda, and then change the picture to having them both and saying "Zelda/Sheik", we're all going to faceplam very hard.

Either Sheik will be a separate slot, or Sakurai likes to waste his time making two character pictures when he could just save time by making one. It just makes no sense.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
The pictures actually make alot of sense. I kinda can't see Sakurai revealing Sheik, and then just changing the picture to Zelda and Sheik. I would've just been like "Oh crap, I should release them both at the same time, since they're both going to be in the same slot, and now I won't have to waste my time making a Zelda pic and then later a Zelda/Sheik pic, so I should probably either do that, or just give them separate character slots, thereby justifying Zelda by her lonesome in the picture"

Because let's face it, if we get Sheik confirmed for being in the same slot as Zelda, and then change the picture to having them both and saying "Zelda/Sheik", we're all going to faceplam very hard.

Either Sheik will be a separate slot, or Sakurai likes to waste his time making two character pictures when he could just save time by making one. It just makes no sense.
...Did you even do your research? He did the exact same thing in Brawl: Zelda was one of the first reveals, and then Sheik was one of the last months later.

The same thing will happen again.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
...Did you even do your research? He did the exact same thing in Brawl: Zelda was one of the first reveals, and then Sheik was one of the last months later.

The same thing will happen again.
I think the same happened during Melee as well. Except Sheik was revealed first and Zelda sometime later. So Zelda and Sheik getting revealed separately is nothing new.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just replace her with impa being a seperate character and actually make zelda good
Couple of things.

1. You're hanging around Diddy too much.
2. Zelda being good doesn't hinge on Sheik being there.

Top Bottom