• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I would be sad to see Sheik go...
As far as balancing her as a character separate from Zelda, what would have to change?

1. Some more consistent finishers
2. A side-B with more utility
3. A new down-B
What else?

I still would think it would be fun if Sheik's fist attacks became slightly more damaging after fully charging and storing her needles- kind of like spiked brass knuckles, improvised claws.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well if they could keep Sheik and add Impa, I'd like that to. And that idea with the Needles is a good idea. Same thing they could apply to Mewtwo and his Shadow Ball. And I'd guess a Deku Nut Down B like I always suggest for Impa would work for Sheik to.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Eh. I still say that Sheik uses the Deku nut to disappear in her Up+B when on the gruond, and with it already being an item, we don't need another redundant Deku Nut usage.

Maybe the Up+B can have a secondary effect with a larger radius that briefly stuns enemies. I'd hope that the game makers would make her Up+B feel a little smoother in movement too... While it's probably too much to ask for, it'd be nice if she could still act afterwards, that'd be ideal. It'd also make the chain recovery a lot more valid, heh.

x kharmah x

Smash Cadet
shiek should be kept and she really have her moves be like they were on melee because their was he side air attack that i used as a kill move and was like the strongest move in her arsenal which i have renamed the ***** slap of doom now that the move has been toned down shiek has like no real strong kill moves

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Didddddddy, please don't trollbomb other character's support threads. I'm pretty sure it brings other people to bomb the Impa thread. Would you actually prefer Sheik going away and Impa coming, or would you rather have both characters? I'm not sure I understand why someone would want to actually get rid of characters if it can be helped.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It can be helped, but Sheik and Impa could fulfill the same purpose on the roster. Plus, Sheik is very irrelevant to the Zelda series, and is extremely unlikely to ever appear in the Zelda universe of games again. Yes. I'd rather have both. But I don't see that as too likely. And this is coming from a dude who said Lucas and Ness should have no problem appearing next to each other.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It can be helped, but Sheik and Impa could fulfill the same purpose on the roster. Plus, Sheik is very irrelevant to the Zelda series, and is extremely unlikely to ever appear in the Zelda universe of games again.
>Implying relevancy matters for a veteran character. :glare:

Yes. I'd rather have both. But I don't see that as too likely.
OK. :)

And this is coming from a dude who said Lucas and Ness should have no problem appearing next to each other.
Good to see that accept your double standards. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't think I'm having double standards here. Ness and Lucas are the most known main characters of the Mother series. And Ness was already a 2 time veteran in Brawl. He was also in since the first game and not a mere transformation character. Ness might've starred one game alone, but he was at least playable, and the main character in it. Plus, Mother games aren't quite as big or famous as the Zelda games. So yeah, of coarse the character pool of Mother characters is more limitted.

Relevancy matters not for just a few characters:

1: Cult status characters: Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon and Ness: due to Smash 64 status
2: Retro characters

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
OK, so you say that relevancy matters for all characters except the original 12 and retro characters. Fine.

--> So relevancy matters for Sheik

---> Sheik's last game : OoT 3D, year 2011. OoT will only be 3 years old by the time Smash 4 releases (assumed 2014).

Now let's look at Melee. OoT was released in 1998, Melee in 2001. Again, a difference of 3 years.

Conclusion: Sheik is currently relevant enough to be included in Smash 4.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
OK, so you say that relevancy matters for all characters except the original 12 and retro characters. Fine.

--> So relevancy matters for Sheik

---> Sheik's last game : OoT 3D, year 2011. OoT will only be 3 years old by the time Smash 4 releases (assumed 2014).

Now let's look at Melee. OoT was released in 1998, Melee in 2001. Again, a difference of 3 years.

Conclusion: Sheik is currently relevant enough to be included in Smash 4.
Inb4RemakesDon'tCount

Betting my money on how Diddy Kong will pull this.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I personally don't count remakes no, but her role in Ocarina of Time is still very small in terms of relevence throughout the whole series. And also, since Impa also appears in it, it counts as an extra point to her relevance as well. Not the most important point however.

Point is, there are lots of recent Zelda releases. I personally think the Wii U version will have most influence from the games Skyward Sword, and likely Wind Waker HD (and maybe Zelda Wii U- not sure yet) while the 3DS version will focus on Ocarina of Time 3D, and maybe Link to the Past 2.

Could be wrong with that though, but see it as the most likely scenario Sheik will not appear if the cast of focussed on Skyward Sword. Which is still the most recent game, which is not a remake. So it'll likely get priority. Especially it being the 25th anniversary game of Zelda, and Miyamoto's love for it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ganondorf could easily be inspired mostly on Ocarina of Time, and there would be no problem. If anything, he's far more iconic to Ocarina of Time than Sheik.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Ganondorf could easily be inspired mostly on Ocarina of Time, and there would be no problem. If anything, he's far more iconic to Ocarina of Time than Sheik.
Ganon is the main villain of Zelda, what are you talking about? He didn't even have his energy sphere move when he came to Melee.
Sheik is part of a game that is most critically acclaimed, representing OoT, Sheik should be kept.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really don't agree that Sheik should be kept for those reasons alone.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So give a good reason why Sheik returned in Brawl?
-Sheik was planned for Twilight Princess. Possibly was still involved in the story somewhere in 2005, which was when Brawl's final roster was decided.
-No suitable replacement in Zelda franchise that wasn't *sigh* Midna's true form *sigh* which is still the silliest excuse for a Sheik replacement ever
-Popular character from Melee, also one of the most unique with Ice Climbers (popularity greatly decreased though togheter with her KO power lol)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wow, Glad to see BluePikmin helping our cause. :) Welcome on board, man!

D

Deleted member

-Sheik was planned for Twilight Princess. Possibly was still involved in the story somewhere in 2005, which was when Brawl's final roster was decided.
-No suitable replacement in Zelda franchise that wasn't *sigh* Midna's true form *sigh* which is still the silliest excuse for a Sheik replacement ever
-Popular character from Melee, also one of the most unique with Ice Climbers (popularity greatly decreased though togheter with her KO power lol)
She was never planned for TP. The design was drafted specifically for Brawl.
And Impa fails to serve as a suitable replacement, as your image showed. She's too lanky and thin to be a "Sheik".

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ok so that's how it works right? You design characters, maps, everything during the process of making a game, but wait : IT'S NOT MEANT TO BE INCLUDED IN SAID GAME. Pretty soon bakeries will start preparing ingredients not used in the final product. :rolleyes:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ok so that's how it works right? You design characters, maps, everything during the process of making a game, but wait : IT'S NOT MEANT TO BE INCLUDED IN SAID GAME. Pretty soon bakeries will start preparing ingredients not used in the final product. :rolleyes:
Lol, that's a funny way to get your point across. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

I love how simple concepts go over your head.
Then again, weed does that to people....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Shortie will be the Pink Knight I think.

Also, we where talking about sex

Top Bottom