• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

D

Deleted member

Shortie will be the Pink Knight I think.

Also, we where talking about sex
Despite being unrelated, I can't think of "Pink Knight" without thinking of a Pink Power Ranger. :laugh:

I'm laughing too hard to want to continue arguing this right now. Come back later.
And this song is now relevant:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
And when I said sex, this is what I mean of coarse:

SO WHERE IT IS YOU'RE GOING HUH SHEIK!?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wanted to post something unappropriate, but decided against it.

Let's just say that Sheik's gender confusion is something we need to protect DA KIDZ from.

D

Deleted member

And yet Impa was designed to be androgynous.
Hey kids, instead of having a transvestite, have a hermaphrodite instead. :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
From what I've heard, the Japanese version is worded in a way that avoids any reference to gender.

When Ocarina of Time was translated to English, Princess Ruto refers to Sheik as a male (obviously to hide Zelda's identity further).

Had Ruto referred to Sheik as "a young person" instead of as "a young man," I doubt that we would be any debate over Sheik's gender.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Has no one ever thought of the idea that Ruto just mistook Sheik for a male? I mean there are times where some people just accidentally mistake others for the opposite gender depending on what they wear and make themselves look like or whatever. Would this automatically mean that the other person is that gender? No it was just a mistake made from the first person. Sheik has revealed herself to be female and she likely dressed up herself in such a manner where it would become difficult for Ganondorf to know she was Zelda, as she was in hiding from him.

But that's just my opinion really. I just think these Sheik gender debates are very silly to begin with... >_>

D

Deleted member

In other news, Marth is a girl and Lucina is a boy. :troll:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Cool yeah, but never gonna happen.
Ok so that's how it works right? You design characters, maps, everything during the process of making a game, but wait : IT'S NOT MEANT TO BE INCLUDED IN SAID GAME. Pretty soon bakeries will start preparing ingredients not used in the final product. :rolleyes:
Sheik, Toon Sheik, Dark Sheik, Twilight Sheik and Ganonsheik (Ganondorfs own interpretation of Sheik), all immediately confirmed for SSB4. No Impa though.

Sakurai's gonna troll you Diddy.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember during Brawl's build-up we were all thinking that Sheik would be dropped? Well with the Ocarina remake I don't think the relevance argument should be any trouble. Stupid argument anyway.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Remember during Brawl's build-up we were all thinking that Sheik would be dropped? Well with the Ocarina remake I don't think the relevance argument should be any trouble. Stupid argument anyway.

Her name is Impa, she hails from Skyward Sword. Also seen in Ocarina of Time.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
As I mained Zelda in Brawl I wouldn't exactly cry if Sheik disappeared. Seperate them and have Sheik as her own char... Or remove (for future DLC :p).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A separate Sheik will probably never happen, a separate Impa is much more likely.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I don't think separate Sheik is actually that unlikely. I think that Sakurai won't want to drop Sheik, but there's a chance that transformations won't work well on the 3DS for whatever reason (and, oh, you know, they don't work that well in general). Those two factors combined, we'd probably get an independent Sheik.

... and hopefully an independent Impa too! INDEPENDENCE FOR ALL CHARACTERS!

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I don't think separate Sheik is actually that unlikely. I think that Sakurai won't want to drop Sheik, but there's a chance that transformations won't work well on the 3DS for whatever reason (and, oh, you know, they don't work that well in general). Those two factors combined, we'd probably get an independent Sheik.

... and hopefully an independent Impa too! INDEPENDENCE FOR ALL CHARACTERS!
This might be the one good effect of the 3DS' technical limitations. While I will be bummed if Olimar and Ice Climbers lose their main trait, I certainly won't be sad at finally having all transforming characters separated.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmm... what would her B-Down be if she was seperated from Zelda?

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
I am one of the few who say Zelda should keep her transformation as Sheik. Its part of who she is, it's what makes her one of the more unique characters of the game. I love having access to both characters, albeit one at a time, with the press of a button. It makes playing as her more of a unique experience. Its also because of the transformation program used on her character, that allowed the Pokemon Trainer to fight with three Pokemon, as well as for the Samus/ZSSamus combination. She established the switch/transformation mechanic being used by other characters, so she should keep it.

Also, shouldn't this topic be merged with the Zelda character topic? They are the same person after all. Even if they play differently, i dont see how you can talk about one, without talking about the other.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
You could argue the same for Zero Suit Samus, but since they aren't totally dependant on each their 'alter ego' (as in, you can use just one during the whole battle) I think it fits that they have their own thread. Some people just want to talk about Sheik and not Zelda, and vice-versa.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One thing I always wondered was why some people (you know the ones...) advocate replacing Sheik with Impa. I mean, that's not exactly representative of either character. The Sheik fans/people who don't like cuts in general would not approve, and it doesn't really show what Impa can do if she just took Sheik's moveset. So, why replace them to begin with?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Would any of you all be mad if shiek is cut for impa? (I can easily see this happening).

While I'd be super happy seeing Impa get in, losing Sheik is not the ideal solution to me at all. I'd be irritated, as I think it is a slight to both Sheik and Impa if she just takes Sheik's moveset and place.

I'd want Impa to have a different, distinct moveset from Sheik to show a different side of the Sheikah... Sheik has his/her ninja shtick, and I see Impa having more of a tai chi style moveset... Sheik is always moving and hard to hit, while Impa would never move more than she needs to, pure grace and efficiency.

I've said this a million times, but I would really want to see Zelda, Sheik, and Impa as three separated and rebalanced characters, each representing a different part of the LoZ series.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
While I'd be super happy seeing Impa get in, losing Sheik is not the ideal solution to me at all. I'd be irritated, as I think it is a slight to both Sheik and Impa if she just takes Sheik's moveset and place.

I'd want Impa to have a different, distinct moveset from Sheik to show a different side of the Sheikah... Sheik has his/her ninja shtick, and I see Impa having more of a tai chi style moveset... Sheik is always moving and hard to hit, while Impa would never move more than she needs to, pure grace and efficiency.

I've said this a million times, but I would really want to see Zelda, Sheik, and Impa as three separated and rebalanced characters, each representing a different part of the LoZ series.
Well Impa would have a new b down and would be taller :D . Im fine if impa gets a new moveset though. But Im also fine if she just replaces shiek to free up zelda and impas b down and give a new character for the zelda franchise.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa definitely has the potential of a unique moveset. Only thing I've ever been suggesting is a similar play style. Or if they really remove Sheik, I don't see a reason why Impa wouldn't borrow some ofmthese attacks. Like U Tilt, F Air, Down Smash, just a few couple of moves.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Impa definitely has the potential of a unique moveset. Only thing I've ever been suggesting is a similar play style. Or if they really remove Sheik, I don't see a reason why Impa wouldn't borrow some ofmthese attacks. Like U Tilt, F Air, Down Smash, just a few couple of moves.
I'd be perfectly fine if Impa was in the game. However, I'd rather have her as her own character instead of being Zelda's down B. In my eyes, it makes the two incomplete. Zelda is not fully Zelda since she has to share her slot with Impa, and vice-versa. It works with Sheik since they are both Zelda.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, separate Sheik will never happen. So separate Impa is easily the best sollition, even for those who like Sheik, or hate Impa.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Well, separate Sheik will never happen. So separate Impa is easily the best sollition, even for those who like Sheik, or hate Impa.
Why could separate Sheik never happen, though? OoT Zelda had more screen time as Sheik and s/he's a different person than the Zelda represented in Smash so there wouldn't actually be overlap.

I still say let Sheik represent Ocarina of Time, Zelda represent Twilight Princess, and Impa represent Skyward Sword. :glare:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If it could happen, sure. I'm just trying my best to sound reasonable with wanting Impa in there. Cause everyone hates me for wanting her in. :sadeyes:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
If it could happen, sure. I'm just trying my best to sound reasonable with wanting Impa in there. Cause everyone hates me for wanting her in. :sadeyes:

:laugh:
Fair 'nough. Regardless, I do think Impa has a fair shot at representing Skyward Sword since chances are none of the other characters will be.

So, in the Zelda thread we're talkin' about what Zelda's new special might be if they were separated. Sheik's time!

Sheik has the benefit of being able to do pretty much anything anyone feels like throwing in. While I'm sure there are better ideas than this, it seems fun.

New Down B Special: SHEIKAH TRAP

Sheik summons a Sheikah Stone like the one pictured above that burrows its way out of the ground underneath her.
- For the next 10 seconds or so, anyone who bumps into the stone's spikes takes damage and flinches away slightly.
- After these 10 seconds, the stone explodes and sends the three spikes at the angles shown (up, 40 degrees to the right, 40 degrees to the left).
- The explosion could potentially KO high % enemies, but the spikes projectiles would be primarily damage.
- Only one Sheikah Trap could be placed at a time.
- If the special is used in the air, the stone is summoned upside down and floating mid-air, therefore making the spikes instead shoot downward on detonation.

What do y'all think?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's more original than a Deku Nut. Though, the Deku Nut could be Sheik's only saving grace from having an actual attack that actually came from her appearance in OoT.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
It's more original than a Deku Nut. Though, the Deku Nut could be Sheik's only saving grace from having an actual attack that actually came from her appearance in OoT.
How about a Deku Nut can be her Down B, with some different type of effect? Stunning the enemy, for example.

How about this for an Up B in turn: Prelude of Light. She quickly plays Prelude of Light, in reference to one of the most used songs in OoT, and teleports. Thoughts?

Top Bottom