• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hyrule Duels - Zelda Sm4sh Video Thread

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
More Purple Guy / Ed tournament footage. He got 2nd in this april 7 weekly.

Vs Roy

Vs Sonic and Cloud (and he destroyed this guy bwahaha go zelda)

Vs ZSS (The fun stops here, he had to switch back to sheik after zelda got beat up)
Second video 1:04 BAN•ZELDA

It spreads.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I don't think ZeRo knew about Ed's Zelda work tbh. If he had then I'd wager both ven and Ed would be mentioned, because they are both equally good with Zelda.

Related to that vid, despite Nairo undoubtedly being one of the best people to play Zelda, I'm glad ZeRo didn't select him. His inclusion is no longer applicable for Zelda imo. Yes, if someone on Nairo/ZeRo caliber decided to start playing a lot of some character they'd likely end up being the best of that character.

As it is, Nairo has clearly prioritized using other characters for competitive play. He hasn't repped Zelda anywhere significant in many months, and we should not be associating his name with Zelda at all anymore.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman

This dude had a nice showing with Zelda, after he dropped Falcon for a top ten character.

MadCanard

Smash Apprentice

This dude had a nice showing with Zelda, after he dropped Falcon for a top ten character.
Low charge aerial phantom leading into a Dair spike or gimp? Hmmmm interesting attempt. Never thought about that before. Time to hit the lab.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I think I need to see more of ha Zelda. *fans self*

I heard something about beating V115's ZSS with Zelda?? Is there video??

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
This thread's original post needs a makeover. Girls, please refer to this post I made on the Corrin Video Thread with my offer to help reorganize our original post, since I would like to do this for us as well.

And if Macchiato Macchiato BJN39 BJN39 and the rest of you are alright with this of course. Just know that if I do end up managing both video threads, I'll end up with 3 video threads to take care of, and updates will have their slow phases. I still think it would look better than it does now, but yeah.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
This thread's original post needs a makeover. Girls, please refer to this post I made on the Corrin Video Thread with my offer to help reorganize our original post, since I would like to do this for us as well.

And if Macchiato Macchiato BJN39 BJN39 and the rest of you are alright with this of course. Just know that if I do end up managing both video threads, I'll end up with 3 video threads to take care of, and updates will have their slow phases. I still think it would look better than it does now, but yeah.
A while ago evmaxy54 evmaxy54 and I were plotting our secret takeover here, but we really didn't decide how to go about it and we kinda didn't do a whole lot...lol

I'm all for you doing a video thread makeover! Maxy sisT you down with that too?

Tbh I wonder if it might be nice to like, remake the thread with you as the actual owner though, if you really don't mind owning the video thread. :3

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
A while ago evmaxy54 evmaxy54 and I were plotting our secret takeover here, but we really didn't decide how to go about it and we kinda didn't do a whole lot...lol

I'm all for you doing a video thread makeover! Maxy sisT you down with that too?

Tbh I wonder if it might be nice to like, remake the thread with you as the actual owner though, if you really don't mind owning the video thread. :3
The layout I had in mind would be something similar if not identical to the one I used to organize mah froggies's vids, does that look alright with all of you? I really think this will help not only keep track of our Zelda players, but also an important offline/online distinction which the OP lacked.

So can we all collaborate on this? I'm fine with owning the thread, but is it possible for either one of you (or anyone else who wishes to work with us) to be able to edit the original posts as well? This way when I'm inactive or busy, someone can update for me, and vice versa. I have all the layout coding saved from my other video thread, so I have a base for us to start on, and a back up in case one of us majorly flops the codes.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
The layout I had in mind would be something similar if not identical to the one I used to organize mah froggies's vids, does that look alright with all of you? I really think this will help not only keep track of our Zelda players, but also an important offline/online distinction which the OP lacked.

So can we all collaborate on this? I'm fine with owning the thread, but is it possible for either one of you (or anyone else who wishes to work with us) to be able to edit the original posts as well? This way when I'm inactive or busy, someone can update for me, and vice versa. I have all the layout coding saved from my other video thread, so I have a base for us to start on, and a back up in case one of us majorly flops the codes.
That froggie thread is absolutely fabulous! Off/Online distinction was something maxy and I agreed was needed.

As far as collaboration, as long as I mod Zelda boards, I can edit the OP and add/update it when necessary! Should other gorls be helping with things, like updates, they can simply contact me and I can put it in for them. Should we somehow both be unavailable, requests can be filed to another mod who can edit posts here like @IsmaR or @Spirst. (Super moderators) But that shouldn't be necessary since I plan to stick around! :p

If you want to make a new thread, and Macchi is fine with it, just let me know when you make it and I can do a sticky switcheroo. You would also be responsible get the honor of giving it a good name.

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
That froggie thread is absolutely fabulous! Off/Online distinction was something maxy and I agreed was needed.

As far as collaboration, as long as I mod Zelda boards, I can edit the OP and add/update it when necessary! Should other gorls be helping with things, like updates, they can simply contact me and I can put it in for them. Should we somehow both be unavailable, requests can be filed to another mod who can edit posts here like @IsmaR or @Spirst. (Super moderators) But that shouldn't be necessary since I plan to stick around! :p

If you want to make a new thread, and Macchi is fine with it, just let me know when you make it and I can do a sticky switcheroo. You would also be responsible get the honor of giving it a good name.
Ty, this is why I was hoping to share the fab with all of you~

Sounds good, I'm going to go ahead and work on a 2015 tab to transfer Macchiato Macchiato vids, then add a 2016 tab with some recent stuff, and we can go from there. I'm gonna compile it all in one big post right here before making a thread, that way you all can take a look at it and let me know what you all think.

Once that is done, I can create a new thread, or I can edit the first three posts of this thread (a post each for singles, doubles, and combo vids/tutorials/etc) - whichever works easier for all of you. I just didn't want to confuse anyone who is already subscribed to this thread, which is why I brought this up.

Oh and if anyone feels like having a pretty picture/banner thing on the cover, feel free to do so. If no one does, I might try a hand at it myself when I have some more time, we shall see. Ty for the quick responses, sis!

Time to get out the makeup kit.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Ty, this is why I was hoping to share the fab with all of you~

Sounds good, I'm going to go ahead and work on a 2015 tab to transfer Macchiato Macchiato vids, then add a 2016 tab with some recent stuff, and we can go from there. I'm gonna compile it all in one big post before making a thread, that way you all can take a look at it and let me know what you all think.

Once that is done, I can create a new thread, or I can edit the first three posts of this thread (a post each for singles, doubles, and combo vids/tutorials/etc) - whichever works easier for all of you. I just didn't want to confuse anyone who is already subscribed to this thread, which is why I brought this up. Anyway gonna get to work and I'll post here again to show all of you what it will look like.

Oh and if anyone feels like having a pretty picture/banner thing on the cover, feel free to do so. If no one does, I might try a hand at it myself when I have some more time, we shall see. Ty for the quick responses, sis!

Time to get out the makeup kit.
As of recently, making a new thread is far easier to work than swapping thread ownership. Because with some upgrades non-admin mods actually ended up losing the ability to simply switch thread owners #oop. So when all is prepared and considered ready then we (you) can create a new thread. :^)

As for people subscribed to this thread, if they're reading it, they will see somethingT is brewing~

I'll also make sure that you can have one or a couple posts you feel would be nice to have space-wise in addition at the OP. My red tyranT magic can help there.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Yea we were meant to lot more, then I got super busy with Uni & couldn't do jack **** ;_;

Mocha's layout is p swell, I'll try to help with it when I'm done with everything if it's still required

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592

This thread will be for posting videos of Zelda. Feel free to peruse, analyze, critique and review gameplay at your own leisure.

Singles
Ed (aka Purple Guy aka Scary) *Tournament*

vs :4samus: Purple Guy (Zelda) vs Headshot (Samus) (Pools 3 EagleLAN)
vs :4feroy: Purple Guy (Zelda) vs Eden (Roy) (Winner's Quarters Weekly 4/7/16)
vs :4sonic::4cloud: Purple Guy (Zelda) vs True Blue (Sonic/Cloud) (Winner's Finals Weekly 4/7/16)
vs :4zss: Purple Guy (Zelda/Sheik) vs Nick Riddle (Zero Suit) (Grand Finals Weekly 4/7/16)
vs :4diddy: Purple Guy (Zelda) vs MVD (Diddy) (Losers Quarters Weekly 3/31/16)
vs :4zss: Purple Guy (Zelda) vs Nick Riddle (Zero Suit) (Winners Semis Weekly 3/31/16)
vs :4corrin: Purple Guy (Zelda) vs Oz (Corrin) (Winners R2 Weekly 3/31/16)
vs :4ness: Purple Guy (Zelda) vs The Great Gonzalez (Ness) (Winners Quarters Weekly 3/31/16)

Fairess *Tournament*

Macchiato

Meru *Tournament*

Mocha
Pending

Rickster *Tournament*

Ryo *Tournament*

Ven *Tournament*

vs :4pikachu: Ven (Zelda) vs Z (Pikachu) (#Vegas Cup)
vs :4charizard: Ven (Zelda) vs Draquaza (Charizard) (#Vegas Cup)
vs :4ness: Ven (Zelda) vs Fow (Ness) (#Vegas Cup)

Zolda *Tournament*

Cosmo *Tournament*

vs :4robinm: Cosmo (Zelda) vs eXMeL (Robin) (Pools Combo Breaker)
vs :4robinm: Cosmo (Zelda) vs eXMeL (Robin) (Loser's Finals Combo Breaker)

Ed (aka Purple Guy aka Scary) *Tournament*

vs :4diddy: Ed (Zelda/Sheik) vs Mr. Nintendo (Diddy) (Winners Round 3)
vs :4diddy Ed (Zelda/Sheik) vs Tito (Diddy) (Winners Round 4)
vs :4shulk: Ed (Zelda/Sheik) vs Dude (Shulk) (Loser's Round 6)

Macchiato

Nairo *Tournament*

Oland7 *Tournament*

Ven *Tournament*

Zenas *Tournament*

Zylach *Tournament*

Doubles

None. Come on sisters, show some offline doubles love ;-;

vs :4metaknight::4lucario: Mocha (Zelda)/Milky (Zelda) vs Meta Knight/Lucario

Guides, Combo Vids, Other

NOTES

Alright, whew this took a bit more work than I thought, but I got something started for us!

• Singles, Doubles, Guides/Combo Vids/Other will be in 3 separate posts, I just bundled em all together for this one post so I'm not spamming lol.
  • Created a 2015 tab and redid/transferred the videos from the old video thread's original post, respectively.
  • Created a 2016 tab and added a few videos. Note: This is still a work in process, will be adding more videos.
  • Added *Tournament* next to the names of players who have any tourney vids
  • Offline/Online distinction through this as well as inside the name tabs themselves
  • Wii U/3DS distinction
  • Other: character icons of the opponents faced, attention to other characters either opponent used, type of match (e.g. losers/winners finals, pools, etc), name of tournament if available

Anyway just let me know if you all are cool with this so I can go ahead and make a new thread. We haven't really settled on a thread title yet either, so it'll be something bland till we get ideas (the titles can be changed anyway later, right?). Same goes for our cover art and introduction, it can be changed whenever. And if anyone is feeling artsy/creative, they are welcome to chip in as well c:

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
oop yeah I realized Mocha Mocha I forgot to say it looks gorgeous and you can feel free to create it as a thread whenever you're ready. :^)

Top Bottom