• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hylian vs Kprime Gamelot 7 Grand Finals :P.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
The Pika was doing great first stock of the first match, but it didn't last too long after Hylian lost the first stock. Good ****, Hylian, will be waiting for the other matches.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That Pika fails so hard. I really want to see the 1st set we did.
I agree, the first set we did was amazing :). Much better then this set. Can't wait for bear to upload them.

Edit:

I've been telling you guys bair canceling is really useful and now you can see for yourself. I used it better in my other set with kprime, but notice how in the first game last stock I get the kill by bairing his shield, then using a BC to fsmash which he runs into trying to punish my bair.

:).

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You only need Tap Jump off if you're Yoshi.

I think NoJ complains a lot about U-airs, but those are best C-sticked anyway so whatever.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
It's a fakeout where you B-air so close to the ground that you land before the hitbox is out and there is no landing lag.

auroreon

Smash Ace
You only need Tap Jump off if you're Yoshi.
Not true.
Whilst nearly all Yoshi players do have TJ off, its not as essential as people make out. Infact its not even that useful anymore. Tap Jump makes DR FAR easier and makes ETS easier, the only benefits to turning it off are ECE is less risky but this isn't much of a reason because I have learnt to ECE perfectly with it on, and it allows you to throw eggs whilst off the edge without losing your jump, but even this isn't a valid reason for TJ off being nessesary as I have found ways to achieve it with TJ.

Im thinking of picking up G&W, what advantages are there to turning TJ off for him?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Oh right NoJ, I almost forgot, you probably were going to say something about saving your midair jump from an Up-B.

Anyhow, Tap Jump barely affects G&W at all srsly. His Up-smash out of shield isn't that useful. His Up-B out of shield is okay, but isn't quite as good as it could be since the invul frames come out after the startup. Midair jump after Up-B is cool, but really situational, if it matters at all. You could go either way, but Tap Jump on gives you the frame advantage when Up-Bing out of shield.

Top Bottom