• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hydroplaning: A Gimmick or an actual necessity to Squirtle??

Aposl

Smash Ace
I found the reverse f - smash to be good when they expect a grab and want to spot dodge, because of grab armor they have to spot dodge if you space right so you go behind them and f - smash after.

I use the straight forward, jump cancelled hyrdoplaned up smash for tech chasing, or when my opponent runs away, also if Diddy EVER takes out banana while grounded its his ***.

Also turning around jump cancelling rawring (I think its just rawring) is beast. If you have a almost fully charged water gun, you can be reverse it and do any attack (crazy momentum shift, almost hydroplaning in the air). If its not charged at all you can do a weak water gun, and if its charging you can spot dodge into the opponent to get in on him for tilts or grabs. To give you a mental picture of how great this is when short hopped perfectly it bounces you back out of an olimar grab range.

The turn around crawl dash is good for baiting grabs, and dash grabs (because they are more punishable)

I would like to say that even all of these things are viable tools and not a gimmick, basics are the most important thing to placing with PT.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Because aposl your the last breath in here....I told you before everyone left and the only people left on this board are people who retired or barely play the game.

I'm sorry to get disgruntled but its really hard to try and get anything goin on in here when there are T-block, geen, you, reflex, zigsta, and steeler that are ever here.

From now on if you ever free to skype lemme kno cause threads like these aren't worth it anymore

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Because aposl your the last breath in here....I told you before everyone left and the only people left on this board are people who retired or barely play the game.
>:(

I play this game all the time.

Though to be fair PT is only a secondary, but I play them in a lot of high tier MUs like MK.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I'm trying to learn him more, but I don't get many chances to play people these days (and I hate playing wifi). So, I haven't been able to experiment with these tactics with efficiency just yet. I'd be talking on skype though when I can to get more information than the boards.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
You can pretty much count me out. I love brawl but no one to play with so melee is where it's at. I'll still lurk occasionally.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Word well my bad supreme maybe stop by and post more and I can include you in what Im complaining about LOL.

But to get back on topic I landed 3 forward hydroplaned U-smashes in tournament this sat, at this point all I can say is if your not using hydroplaning your only limiting your own knowledge and potential with this character.

T-block

B2B TST
I don't think anyone doubts the utility of forward hydroplane u-smash. It's the lesser known ones (I really should start hydrojabbing) that I would push.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I hate explaining the inputs for hydroplaning but to plain old empty hydroplane its....

Run( whichever direction), turn around (so opposite direction), then the way I do it is down diagonal of the original run input. It always results in max distance hydroplane for me.

Top Bottom