• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hunter X Hunter Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Too late, Ryker's brainwashed us into winning the game for him.

Just waiting on IK to vote you.

:phone:

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
I am so tired of people just listening to Ryker and losing the game just because he has a dam loud voice.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
It was destined from the start.

"Ryker, it's dark over here, and I'm scared. Hold me?"

His response was Aladdin.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
I have not played like this in a while. We have come so far though, I really couldn't stand us losing at this point.

1. Why I am not indy:

I have been on the forefront this ENTIRE game from the very start. This is not how indy would play. This is not meta this is simple game logic. Indies need to avoid being killed. I have attracted so much attention as a pro town player since ther start of the game. My play has not shown survival in anyway, but rather town play which is to hunt scum. Town needs to catch scum. Indies need to survive. Those are how you read the slots and my play has clearly showed the former.

Support:

-Buy Phase 1 we immideataly got to work (we meaning Zen/Soup). We started out by getting content started with an agressive push on BSP which lead to reads from nearly everyone and Vinyl flailing about. I state again, this is not indy play, someone who would like to keep attention away from them, but rather play of a townie wanting to hardbody. (BP1)

-This play has remained consistant with each and every day. We stook our neck out on trying to lynch BSP who we had a scum read on no matter what the reprocussions. (BP2 starting at #842)

-I've been on the forefront in proposing plans that would be optimal for us such as controlling who enters minigames and who bids on cards. Again just bringing negative attention to ourself from scum/playing optimal for town. NOT indy play. (#976-980)

2. Why Ryker is mafia:

A. The End Game attempt on Riddle
Assume there are three mafia. Yesterday (Day 4) there were 7 people alive.

Riddle
Ice Kirby
Ryker
KevinM
No Lynch
BSL
Orboknown

With this last mis lynch, 3 scum would put town at end game. It is not too odd to assume this. It's standard for scum to be able to endgame by Day 4 with no core mafia lynches.

Ice Kirby
Ryker
KevinM

No Lynch
BSL
Orboknown

That is end game.

Support:

Point 1: Ryker initally starts out the Buy Phase Day with suspicion on me (as shown in Orange). His reasoning behins this is that we have not produced any watcher results.

As a matter of fact, I did not see that line. Saw his playerlist and that he wanted to talk with Zen, but I was already moving.

Don't particularly regret it. I put forth the lowest possible bid and I want the card.

Last night kill has me looking hard at things I'd taken for granted.

Yeah, I found Kary already.

Mass claim order: 194 -> NL with any results he has -> Orbo -> Riddle -> Kevin -> BSL

I will willingly go anywhere if we go with this order past me. I want claims accompanied by readlists. Full read lists.

So, Kevin and NL, talk to me.

I have no idea why Soup thinks Kevin is scum. I think it's just paranoia. Really intersted in Ryker's stuff.
That's interesting, because when you pit that statement with a Kary flip, I start to re-examine things. Soup should tell me why he was looking at Kevin.

Do you not have any watch results?

You had your restriction removed though. My number of shots is limited by my restriction. What did you do last night?

194 is going. That's fine, but if the remaining scum is either or both of Riddle and Orbo, they've just cornered themselves. I would rather reevaluate than run headlong into a loss. I am planning this out toDay, but 194 is getting lynched still.

Point 2: Ryker removes this suspicion immideately after I say hay maybe Riddle could have stole our ability.
I'm also thinking the possibilty that Riddle stole our ability which is why it's been failing.
That would actually make a lot of sense and make me feel a lot better.

So, I think I'll find out. The card I got let's me select one player and one night phase and I will be told if they used an active ability on that night phase. Riddle has claimed to be unable to act for the entirety of the game.

At the start of the phase (seriously, Rajam posted at 9AM and I logged in about 5 minutes after that), I used my reflection card to protect this one (if you targeted me with any cards toDay, you'll instead be targeting 194, which, btw, was my reason for not wanting to talk about cards at all and why I wanted to get the priceless today), so I can afford to wait for a moment to use the thing. However, if I'm going to use it on Riddle, it needs to be done quickly so that he doesn't get a chance to log in and use preventative measures.

I'm going to go into the barber shop and get a shave now. When I get out, I'm using the card targeting Riddle and his Night 1. If you have objections, you better get them out quick.

Also of note, I have to be super employee at work today, so I'm not going to be around much at all once my lunch break ends. So anything you need from me needs to come out before I check this thread.
Let's stop here a minute and evaluate why that would have any effect on what Ryker was getting at. Ryker was claiming that he was suspicious of us because he didn't believe there was a roleblocker in the game. ME saying that I think Riddle is the roleblocker should not affect that position. I simply gave the roleblocker a name. That should not change Ryker's opinion that there is no roleblocker in the game. Why did he not believe us before this simply because we did not have an idea of who the roleblocker was? How would attributing it to Riddle suddenly make it fine? The below is why.

Point 3: Suddenly Ryker and Kevin both make consecutive posts about the plan for the day. Suddenly Ryker has a "bingo" on Riddle. Riddle used an ability? He MUST be the roleblocker! It's better that we lynch the scum ROLEBLOCKER before the scum TRACKER! The way this was set up was so planned, and it shows.
N1 I had no ability.
N2 I bingo'd 194.
N3 I was roleblocked. I was not notified that my ability failed. I was told flat out that I was blocked.

My Tiny Devil's Kiss says that Riddle did indeed use a night action on N1.

So, right now, I'm sitting on two bingos and no cards. I am also about to leave for the weekend, which is why I claimed before Kevin.

I'm Phink, bodyguard.

I haven't used a NA because I honestly didn't think it was worth me dying just to protect people who I didn't have enough confidence in.

Here's what I think we do and let's see if we have any objections.

Vote Riddle

I say Riddle goes today, we seem to have the bingo on the role blocker and that's something I want gone out of this game immediately, it frees up our watcher. Tonight I will be using the lucky dice on NL to haste his action and WILL be bodyguarding him. NL I want you to watch one of Orbo/BSL/Ryker. Anyone who is town besides me should NOT be doing a night action

By doing this we're effectively giving mafia two choices.

No kill and try and outplay us during the Day phase.. or risk the NK on someone that NL is watching and we win the game.

This is the easiest way to win, barring some sort of indy role that could screw it up.
Riddle/IK should end the game but it looks like 194 is probably some sort of mafia investigative if I had to guess and with all of our roles out on the table and with the night actions on the table he's pretty dead in the water. NL won't die for sure, he follows with me into LYLO.

This game for all intents and purposes should be over.
Also for what it's worth I will be very L/A until sunday night when I get home from the tournament I'm hosting.
Vote: Riddle

We freaking got this
This is Ryker from BSL's phone. I am gone but I'm game.

Vote Riddle

Ice Kirby please hammer your scummate don't delay this game any longer then necessary

Again look how set up this was. It wasn't until Riddle came in and expressed that it was probably and engame tactic that I started to reevaluate. And what eventually led me to Kevin & Ryker scum upon a Riddle town flip.

(btw points are just my way of saying "exhibit". They aren't points in themselves but rather parts to show the whole argument).

A.5
While we are also on this I would also like to take note of how Ryker would not believe there was a roleblcoker in the game and was trying to express suspicion on that. I believe that the reason he felt he could geet away with that is because of Kevin's Shapeshift ability. With Kevin shapeshifted, his roleblockerness would be hidden and thus they could push in my direction for not being able to produce results not a single night. There is a reason why they chose to roleblock me every single night. Likely for this reason that they could use in endgame of not producing results. I believe Ryker was trying to build up on that, but then I gave them the possibilty of Riddle Blocker and they switched over to getting that lynch.

B. Ryker needing a lynch today
After their endgame plan being foiled. Scum Ryker came into the day, saw Kevin dead, and began to flutter. Ryker is claimed COP. The most obvious protown thing to do would be to investigate one of the unknowns at this point, ie. Orboknown. However, with now BSL & No Lynch as confirmed town from the day before, clearing Orbo would lead to a Kirby lynch followed by his own death. He could NOT clear Orbo and he knew this. But what would we say if he claimed not to have investigated Orbo? It would look mad weird, and thus he needed an out:

What in the flying ****? Give me one second to read. I'm not bidding.

Okay, so I targeted BSL last night I attempted to target Orbo and have a town result, but that makes no goddamn sense.

I think a flip is wrong. It's either that or I've been played on both cards and my night action. Need to look at possible scum left and why Kevin dies last night and no one else if Kevin is mafia.

God, phone post murdered my punctuation. I targeted Orbo and was told BSL is innocent. Again, that makes no sense with a flipped bus driver.

Fml, I targeted BSL.

This makes absolutely no sense otherwise. BSL & Orboknown are not even easy to mix up. He had BSL as town and there is no reason he should have "accidentally" send in BSL and not Orboknown. This was his out to have a lynch option open today or through to lylo that was not one of him and Kirby. He could NOT have an inno on Orbo today or him and Kirby would be cornered. This my friends, is why Ryker is mafia. And this my friends is why we are lynching him today.

Good day & Good night.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Hi. Soup side here. No idea what Zen is doing but he's been screaming at me from the QT about Ryker. I'm reading.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Instead of pandering on mechanic speculation and pointing the finger based on Kevin's flip and an indy shot, I'm going to be the side who is going to read and consider this from a game perspective. I recall in the QT going over with Zen about 194/IK. I'm pretty confident that KevinM was trying to bus him, or at the least distance.

I don't have a solid case but I'd rather lynch scum than worry about stupid **** going on. I don't know why Zen is hiding our results, they're not even useful. Nobody visited Orbo or BSL.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to lynch Ryker today. I don't think he's mafia. Indy? Yes, very plausible. I don't care about that right now however as we have a heart gauge and I'll have time to figure it out tommorrow.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I got rid of your restrictions.

What do you mean nobody visited Orbo or BSL?

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Also wrt getting rid of our restrictions, We got a boost somehow and we were allowed to watch two players now. We also had a restriction on many watches we could make. As far as I know, that's gone.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
My God, I am going to bite clean through wooden shelf. How do you have two watch results and did Zen use heart gauge or not?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Kary is the only doubler, and Kary is dead.

GG soup, zen made it plausible, you crumpled it up and threw it in the trash.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Cop is an investigative role if you're telling the truth. Either way, that truth factor is very slim to me.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
...What? The night our restrictions were removed, we were given a notification that we could use our ability twice now, and we didn't have a limit anymore. Before that, we had 3 watcher shots.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I got the notification that I could use mine twice, too. Except it was because Kary targeted me.

Kary is dead, bro.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Dude, your slot is a bunch of contradictions. I can still get to Zen's post later today. It may have to wait until I'm off work.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
We don't have any other abilities? Our role PM states that we have a Bargain ability that gave us 2-shots instead of one. We can only use this once however and only if we are the hammer on a previous wagon. We were given two regular shots but they were used up and roleblocked.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
We don't have any other abilities? Our role PM states that we have a Bargain ability that gave us 2-shots instead of one. We can only use this once however and only if we are the hammer on a previous wagon. We were given two regular shots but they were used up and roleblocked.
Looooooooooooooooolll

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
I'm confused. Literally. What did Zen say and do? I outright claimed and you're laughing at me.

Top Bottom