• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hunter X Hunter Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You guys are dumb as ****. Do you read my posts? I already explained everything about my power.

I HAVE to distribute a bomb every night. If I don't pick somebody, the mod picks somebody for me. But now, because Kary is dumb as **** and is talking about the bomb again, the scum team now knows where it is. Good job ******.
Yo chill son. You just got yourself a warning. :mad: Be civil, and remember this is a game (an interpersonal one at that).

I'm actually retracting the warning, the line of civility is a lil blurry to me but still, calm yourself. :cool:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Kary, give the bomb to somebody, and don't ****ing tell anybody who you gave it to. Who knows what kinds of abilities people have in this game, and if the scum team knows where the bomb is, they may be able to take control over it or some crazy **** like that.

Just keep it in the hands of trusted townies. Or hell, give it to me if you're afraid I'll blow you guys up. My power says I can't detonate bombs If I have one. Just don't talk about it.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Do you have any idea what happens if Kary were not to give out a bomb? Would it explode or kill the host if they still had said ability? I don't think the risk is worth the gain here, even though I trust Kary with a right decision. I'm not doing anything until this is resolved.
Kary can choose to hang onto the bomb if he wants. The ONLY thing that can detonate it is me posting the command. If there are other ways for it to get triggered outside of my control, I'm completely unaware of them.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
no really, calm down

when I say 'full claim' I appreciate I didn't make myself clear

I need you to paraphrase everything in your role PM, plus everything else relevant/to do with your ability, in one post, nice and clearly, so all your cards are on the table.

understood?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I'm Genthru, Town Bomber.

Every night I have to PM the mod the name of a targeted player. This player receives a PM telling them they have a bomb, and the pm explains the rules of the bomb. They have to give it to somebody else during the buy phase, and then it comes into somebody else's possession for the Day phase. I can post a command to detonate all bombs that are in play. If somebody gives one of the bombs back to me, I can't detonate. I also can't detonate within 24 hours of the last detonation, which means I can't do it during today's day phase, I have to wait for the next one. I can only detonate twice during the game.

I have a Tracking Device listed as a passive ability that allows me to see the locations of all my bombs, but one of my Restrictions says that the device is broken and doesn't work. If my Vase of Flowing Water hadn't been ninja'd from me, I could have removed my restrictions and been able to properly track all my bombs, and I could even detonate as many times as I wanted. The 24 hour rule probably would have been removed as well. Too bad it got stolen.

Oh and my bad, I just reread the rules for the bomb, and Kary can't hold onto it. The mod will randomly choose somebody if he doesn't pick someone. That's all explained in the PMs No Lynch and Kary already received though so I dunno why you're asking me.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
And if you guys have doubts about my alignment, All I can really say is this.

Assume I'm Indy: In order for me to blow people up, I HAVE to give the bomb to other people first, and then THEY choose who gets it next. This means I have to let members of other factions control my target. This implies cooperation. Indies aren't designed to cooperate with other factions, they fly solo. That's why they're Indy.

Assume I'm [color"red"]Mafia:[/color] I have a power that kills during the day. GG there's no way scum has that power.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
If you guys really don't think it's possible to trust me, then just make sure you get rid of me before lylo. If you take me to lylo, then lynch me, the town will lose.

I'll be more careful with the use of my kill too. Again, if you find yourselves completely unable to trust me, then just wait a day and give the bombs to me so I can't off people. I can't detonate any bombs if somebody passes one to me, and even if I could, it would kill me. I would abstain from distributing bombs, but if I don't pick a target then the mod will choose one randomly. So I'll be doing my best to keep them in the hands of the good guys. Obviously you guys will have to help, in that regard.
This wasn't during D2, but it was yesterday, as in RL days. As in, before you guys asked me why I'm still giving out bombs.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
I do not trust Joker with the ability to kill someone at will. I do not trust his claim, or his motives. His intentions seem right but they are not telling and I will not buy anything that tries and gives him a free pass to use the bombs. He should not be even giving out bombs at this point, considering the damage it has already tolled and the numbers that should be factored in. Kary, give the bomb back to Joker, I trust that you would choose wisely with your decisions, but the risk is not worth the gain here. I will enforce this decision until either Joker has been cleared of some sort or is buried deep within the ground. Players who refuse to follow this order will get personally tunneled by me.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Furthermore on this new resolution, I don't want to see Joker trying to explode the bomb at any given point if a player refuses this constitution I set forth. If I see any signs of uncooperation from either side then I hope my repercussions are very clear.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
and the 48 hour thing was just.. ok lemme explain. My role says I have to wait 24 hours. This means I can't detonate on two consecutive day phases.

Technically, waiting 24 hours means waiting until tomorrow. 24 hours would technically mean I could detonate 2 days in a row, but the way it's written clearly implies that's not true. So I amended it to waiting 48 hours. My bad

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Won't work, NL.

Joker gets handed a bomb. Lynch, NKill, Joker gives out another bomb and gives away the bomb he holds. Repeat until you have enough bombs to win. You have no proof that

A.) He doesn't still hold a defusal card.
B.) He isn't immune to his own ability.

He's either town and we use this to our advantage, or he's an Arsonist and we lynch him with extreme prejudice toDay before he gives out another one.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@NL; re-read please. Joker is claiming compulsive. I may give him the bomb if we are lynching him toDay, or I may hand it off elsewhere. If Joker tries to explode a bomb without my express permission, we're killing him ASAP, and this game is unbalanced as ****.

@Joker; a Day phase doesn't last 24 hours. I'm confused.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
omfg No Lynch... seriously?

You're mad that I'm still giving out bombs?

Do you... ya know, like... READ??!?!!?!?

I HAVE TO GIVE OUT A BOMB EVERY NIGHT. IF I DON'T CHOOSE SOMEBODY, THE MOD WILL CHOOSE SOMEBODY AT RANDOM!

If you want me to just let the mod distribute bombs randomly, i'd be happy to allow the bombs to fall into the hands of scum. Considering that there may potentially be powers that allow them to force it's detonation, that sounds like an awesome plan.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
What makes you think i'm not calm?

Apparently I have to post in all caps and bold for No Lynch to see stuff I've posted like 4 times already. Why is him posting in all bold totally cool but if I do it in one sentence, you wanna lynch me for it?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
because people not reading things is a perfectly understandable part of playing forum mafia

and you're over-reacting every time you think someone hasn't read your posts

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
and the 48 hour thing was just.. ok lemme explain. My role says I have to wait 24 hours. This means I can't detonate on two consecutive day phases.

Technically, waiting 24 hours means waiting until tomorrow. 24 hours would technically mean I could detonate 2 days in a row, but the way it's written clearly implies that's not true. So I amended it to waiting 48 hours. My bad
@Joker; a Day phase doesn't last 24 hours. I'm confused.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
It's just pretty frustrating that people are asking me questions about my role, when I knew they'd ask those question so I posted all the details of my role already. Then I get asked the questions over and over again anyway because people aren't reading information in a game that is based completely on reading information.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
ok so I reread it, the phrase "24 hours" appears in my pm because it was saying "if the bomb is detonated within 24 hours of the deadline, the deadline will be extended an additional 24 hours."

My bad. The 24 hour thing doesn't refer to the delay period, it refers to the deadline. It still stands to truth that I can't detonate toDay. Not until next day phase.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
It's just confusion stemming from the fact that I have to paraphrase instead of just copy/pasting the PM. I understand how my role works, but it's complicated and explaining it is a pain in the ***.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Ok, grand.

explain this to me. You know how your role works.
You have infinite bombs. You have two detonations.

YesterDay, when you found your card had been stolen, no-one knew you were the bomber.

WHY did it seem like a good trade to quickshoot BSP, in case scum spent a priceless card to defuse your bomb? How is that a good trade for you?

If mafia defuse your bomb and you try and detonate it, you lose one shot of your ability.
If you're wrong about BSP, we lose two (as it happens three) townies.

You sure didn't seem confident in BSP scum, in fact moving him from town lean to scum lean.

So given that you understood how your role works, i.e. that it can be really bad for town,

why did you panic and blow up BSP?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Also guys, consider this.

If I was just trying to blow up townies and end the game, why would I have done it then? I could have waited until enough bombs were distributed among townies that detonating them would have instantly ended the game.

Everyone had me as Town until I killed BSP. Why wouldn't I wait until lylo and instantly end the game?

Because I'm Town, and I was trying to use my daykill to get rid of scum. It just went badly.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Ok, grand.

explain this to me. You know how your role works.
You have infinite bombs. You have two detonations.

YesterDay, when you found your card had been stolen, no-one knew you were the bomber.

WHY did it seem like a good trade to quickshoot BSP, in case scum spent a priceless card to defuse your bomb? How is that a good trade for you?

If mafia defuse your bomb and you try and detonate it, you lose one shot of your ability.
If you're wrong about BSP, we lose two (as it happens three) townies.

You sure didn't seem confident in BSP scum, in fact moving him from town lean to scum lean.

So given that you understood how your role works, i.e. that it can be really bad for town,

why did you panic and blow up BSP?
Umm, isn't the answer to that kind of obvious? Because I panicked.

I wasn't the only person who thought BSP was scummy, so I thought it was a good bet. Nothing's guaranteed, but I figured the odds were in my favor. Guess I was wrong. **** happens. That's mafia.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I panicked because my card had just been stolen. 1 Loss for me
That card could have been used to screw over the usage of my power. 2 Losses for me.

I was pissed, and I panicked. What's so hard to get about that?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
also please stop appealing to town if you actually want to live. Jussayin'
Yea no you're right, I should just roll over and not point out any of the things that serve as evidence to my townyness. In fact, I should probably do like BSP and ask you to lynch me. That'd sure prove my alignment :rolleyes:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Holy WIFOM Batman

Do votes count yet?

I don't want to be in the minigame. Someone else do it.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I can dig it.

Ryker, I know you don't want Kevin winning, but I'd rather him than you. You are scarier.

Joker, you honestly expect us to believe Genthru is town?

:phone:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Whoa. Never said that, broski. Stop trying to make me look stupid.

I'm just telling you that not even your flavor fits town, let alone your role.

:phone:

Top Bottom