• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HugS lost to wobbles at SCC........

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
The way I see it, if you have THAT much of a problem with wobbling, learn to play peach. While there are other "counters" to the IC's, it seems that peach presents the most problems to a wobbling IC.

That being said, if you don't want to learn to play peach, then learn to deal with it. Keep nana constantly separated from her counterpart. Utilize platforms to its fullest; maneuver around the stage via platforms until you find an opening. Get better at spacing. Don't miss l-cancels. And as hylian says, learn how the IC's play and their moveset that could combo into a grab.

Yeah, I know...easier said than done.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Dont get grabbed? dear lord you stupid. from noob to pro we all get grabbed at least 3 times per game(in general).
Well, it's not quite so simple as not getting grabbed. Like Hylian said, you have to know what to expect and base your game off of avoiding/drawing out and punishing those things. Furthermore, as Eggz has pointed out, if a good enough ICs grabs you, wobbling or no, you. Are. Dead. Yes, the other ICs chaingrab infinites and such take much better timing to pull off but they're bad enough for you that you'll be avoiding grabs like the plague anyway, wobbling just makes the same game plan important against a wider range of ICs.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Lol, how is wobbling not banned yet? Seriously, it makes it so your oppenent can not move. Now you might be like, "Well so do chain throws!!!", but chain throws end at some point, wobbling doesn't.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
It's funny when you randomly see a thread that concerns you appear as the most recent thread in character specific forums.

Just to answer Watty's question, at OC3 I beat Zarelid, DSF, BloodOfTheFallen, and DJ Combo.

I've also beaten Rob$ without it, at the same tournament I beat Caveman without it.

I'd rather stay out of this debate though, so... *vanish*

TGM

Smash Lord
It's funny when you randomly see a thread that concerns you appear as the most recent thread in character specific forums.

Just to answer Watty's question, at OC3 I beat Zarelid, DSF, BloodOfTheFallen, and DJ Combo.

I've also beaten Rob$ without it, at the same tournament I beat Caveman without it.

I'd rather stay out of this debate though, so... *vanish*
i remember that, you took out cave and rob(he was mad) without wobbling. not to metion you took out kos-mos with jiggs in oklahoma.

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
I aint hatin on Wobbles here yo, Ive never met the dood but I watched his matches and he is gewd. Im just sayin that wobbling is teh lame and should be banned... EVERYWHERE....
If Wobbling was allowed, Chu would be god tier of smash lol.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Wobbling is pretty gay. Its not allowed in MLG, or any tournaments that have smart rulesets. There are ways around it, but its still pretty gamebreaking. Wobbles is still very good without wobbling. He also has a bunch of infinites to get around wobbling bans.

Wobbling is not homosexual. Seriously. Think about your linguistic choices.

And MLG never banned Wobbling; at FC, an MLG sponsored tournament that you went to, Wobbling was legal.

shadydentist

Smash Lord
It has been decided by the SBR that wobbling should not be banned.

Meaning, all the players who are really really good decided collectively that wobbling is not unfair. And I agree. Having a horrible grab range, sliding too far when shielded, needing to have nana near you and not doing anything, and having your opponent be at 40+ percent means that its not that much worse than all the other crap ICs can do, if maybe a little more boring for your opponent.

And Chu *has* been wobbling at MLG events this year, and he hasn't exactly been unstoppable.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
hugs is good *nods in approval*

wobbles is also good *nods in approval*

i have confusion about this being a massive shock

both are very good players *shrug*

when the competition is so effective even simple mistakes can cost you stock real quick, it just happened to go wobbles way

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
hugs is good *nods in approval*

wobbles is also good *nods in approval*

i have confusion about this being a massive shock

both are very good players *shrug*

when the competition is so effective even simple mistakes can cost you stock real quick, it just happened to go wobbles way
This thread has been pwnt... End of discussion :)

Corigames

Smash Hero
I love how some people here are saying that his whole game revolves around his being able to grab people, when after wobbling was banned in Texas, he still won the tournaments their without it while playing IC...

Stop whining about broken tactics, or quit smash.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I love how some people here are saying that his whole game revolves around his being able to grab people, when after wobbling was banned in Texas, he still won the tournaments their without it while playing IC...

Stop whining about broken tactics, or quit smash.
Wobbling isn't banned in Texas..It was only banned at TGM's tournaments. And when it wasn't banned (Moast Circit even) wobbles didn't even win, Xelic did.

So let's see, wobbles goes to a tournament that wobbling is banned at and wins over Caveman and Rob$ but then goes to another tournament where wobbling is allowed and loses to Xelic.

It must be so broken -.-.

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
This topic is getting out of hand seriously... Hugs lost to Wobbles... Big deal, you win some you lose some... Wobbling is teh lame but if you can do it, might as well, do what you gotta do is what I say... People are talkin **** to Wobbles that "O **** he can only win if he uses wobbling", you gotta GTFO seriously, he is a good player and deserves more respect. Hugs accepted the fact that he lost so I think everyone here should accept it for cereal son. I hate seeing this stupid thread at the top of the Samus Threads list so please finish up if you arent already done.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
It's fair that he used wobbles. The truth of the matter is that I should have won whether he used wobbling or not. But i didn't because I played bad. I didn't really feel a full on desire to win as I said before.

So while i think wobbling is beatable, it is still pretty lame. It was about the most unfun match i have ever played. No offense to wobbles.

Sliq

Smash Master
So while i think wobbling is beatable, it is still pretty lame. It was about the most unfun match i have ever played. No offense to wobbles.
This is why I motion to drop the moniker "wobbles" and instead dub the infinite "fun-canceling." I've been pushing for this for a very long time.

Also, you can get out of the IC's other chain grab (Nana dair) by smash DI'ing. Fun-canceling is nearly inescapable. Also, not every character can be dair chained. Every character can be fun-canceled.

I strongly dislike fun-canceling. I can't really think of anything positive coming out of its abuse. It isn't unbeatable, but it isn't easy to avoid, either, and basically ruins tournament play (not in the "it's unbeatable" way, but in the, "oh great, fun-canceling" way).

Instead of fun-canceling, why not just freeze glitch people? I mean, at least that way, you have to have Nana grab them, which has to be harder then just grabbing them with Popo. Plus the results are the same. I say we un-ban the freeze glitch and ban fun-canceling.

Note: I don't give a shit about Wobbles, the player. I'm not here to say he'd suck without fun-canceling. I'm here to argue against fun-canceling.

Sliq

Smash Master
WTF.. how did you make the word sh.it appear without getting ****?
I'm just that fucking awesome.

In reality you have to type <username/password-curseword of choice/censory bypass/>

Leave all of the punctuation, but replace "username" with your username, "password" with your SWF password, then use a naughty word, followed by censory bypass.

ESAM

Smash Ace
SEFL representing samus in the sunshine state
If this thread is in the SAMUS boards, why is everyone talking about how gay an ICE CLIMBERS tactic is?

To add, ive played a decent ice climbers or two, and all you have to do is....well....nto get grabbed. Samus is very mobile, has a decent air and combo game, and its BS saying "OMG ITS IMPOZIBLE TO GET OUT WOBBLING GAAAAAAH" because ive gotten out of wobbles before at around 50% before from a perfect wobbles. (my poor contoller) Missiles do a good job of separating nana and popo, just make sure you don't randomly stand and missile, cuz you WILL get grabbed. Hell, most people will ban FD so you can just take refuge on platforms. Up-air is still less threataning than wobbles. DIscuss, whatever, stop talking about ICs. Please close this thread if it does.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If this thread is in the SAMUS boards, why is everyone talking about how gay an ICE CLIMBERS tactic is?

To add, ive played a decent ice climbers or two, and all you have to do is....well....nto get grabbed. Samus is very mobile, has a decent air and combo game, and its BS saying "OMG ITS IMPOZIBLE TO GET OUT WOBBLING GAAAAAAH" because ive gotten out of wobbles before at around 50% before from a perfect wobbles. (my poor contoller) Missiles do a good job of separating nana and popo, just make sure you don't randomly stand and missile, cuz you WILL get grabbed. Hell, most people will ban FD so you can just take refuge on platforms. Up-air is still less threataning than wobbles. DIscuss, whatever, stop talking about ICs. Please close this thread if it does.
Umm..no you haven't.

After 15% it is impossible for any character to break out of a perfect wobble. If you wobble perfectly then they have 0 frames to escape. The person you were playing wasn't wobbling right. I have played against wobbles and trust me, once he starts wobbling you past 15% its impossible to escape.

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
Umm..no you haven't.

After 15% it is impossible for any character to break out of a perfect wobble. If you wobble perfectly then they have 0 frames to escape. The person you were playing wasn't wobbling right. I have played against wobbles and trust me, once he starts wobbling you past 15% its impossible to escape.
Agreed .

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Umm..no you haven't.

-_-

1. Players can mash out of the grab before nana can even get the first Ftilt off if they are below 40%.

2. Samus vs ICs is one of the most lop-sided matches in smash. It is HEAVILY in Samus's favor. Don't wanna use Samus? USe Peach, use MArth, use Fox, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Luigi, etc.... IC has so many counters, it's not even funny.

3. SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT HUGZ VS WOBBLES ALREADY!! Wobbles beat Hugs. Wobbles played better than Hugs. Wobbles capitalized on Hugs's mistakes. It's Hugs's fault for getting grabbed by ICs. NO JOHNS.

4. For the record, yes, wobbling is cheap but it's not NEARLY as broken as you guys make it out to be. Don't GET GRABBED. This isn't ****ing MArth or Sheik we're talking about here. EVERYONE has an attack that can outspace IC's grab range, except for maybe Pichu.

Jesus christ.... >_< I wish you guys would shut up already about this. Congrats to Wobbles. Better luck next time, Hugs. Maybe you should want it next time.

*wobbles thread*

Corigames

Smash Hero
True, so true.

Everything has a counter, that is why no one player is amazingly better than every other player ever. Perfect wobbles are hard to do as well as start, especially since you have to be at a certain percent to start with.

This is why I say this thread has been blown WAY out of proportion. IC's are good; Samus is good.
/discussion

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
LOL... When you play against Wobbles or Chu and not get grabed at all, then talk. Its harder to not get grabed at all, then you think.
If you get grabbed by an IC, it's because they earned it. You'll get grabbed by Wobbles and Chu because THEY ARE BETTER PLAYERS THAN YOU. Simple as that.

Corey is right, this went from "Hugs, the best Samus ever, got beat by Wobbles, the second best IC." to "Oh em gee. Wobbling is geh!"

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
LOL... When you play against Wobbles or Chu and not get grabed at all, then talk. Its harder to not get grabed at all, then you think.
For cripe's sake, you make it sound like any grab from the ICs is instant death. Have you ever played as ICs against a well-spaced opponent? Getting a grab against them when Nana is extant and unoccupied is really ****ing hard. Even Wobbles tends only to get that situation three times a match at most, and even then it seems to be once a stock for him almost all the time. Stop whining. Please.

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
Ouch, hating on the asian ehhh?? 3v1 I can take you :).
But anyways, seriously, if you get grabbed by IC's you're gonna get funked pretty good, but I guess as Samus you could spam and **** you know what I mean yo? And also, IC's grabs can be instant death yo :S.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
-_-

1. Players can mash out of the grab before nana can even get the first Ftilt off if they are below 40%.

2. Samus vs ICs is one of the most lop-sided matches in smash. It is HEAVILY in Samus's favor. Don't wanna use Samus? USe Peach, use MArth, use Fox, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Luigi, etc.... IC has so many counters, it's not even funny.

4. For the record, yes, wobbling is cheap but it's not NEARLY as broken as you guys make it out to be. Don't GET GRABBED. This isn't ****ing MArth or Sheik we're talking about here. EVERYONE has an attack that can outspace IC's grab range, except for maybe Pichu.

Jesus christ.... >_< I wish you guys would shut up already about this. Congrats to Wobbles. Better luck next time, Hugs. Maybe you should want it next time.

*wobbles thread*
Ah yes, the classic "My character really isn't that good" bit. Made popular by ken/neo/vidjo/Eddie, and a few others. Eddie was probably the only one who had a case. Anyways, it's always a popular action to explain how easily countered a technique is. Yes, people are making the wobbles out to be an insanely broken technique, but at the same time others are making it out to be completely fair. It isn't.

The match up between samus and IC's is not heavily in Samus's favor. It used to be, back in the days when IC's had to rely more on attacking samus rather than grabbing her. The wobbles has tipped the matchup in IC's favor. I don't know if you play samus. Actually, you know what? It doesn't matter because I'm letting you know that a shield camping character who begins to rely on trump cards vs Samus tips the scale WAY onto his own favor.

Yes, you can devise ways to get around it and succeed vs a proficient wobbler but even things like freeze glitching can be avoided. That's not what I'm trying to argue. The argument, at least in my eyes, is not about whether or not the wobbles can be avoided, but rather, how much effort it takes to succeed vs a technique that takes a substantially smaller amount of effort to execute. It's not broken, but it is extremely unbalanced. No johns, he won. He played by the rules and I failed to exert my heart, soul, sweat, and tears into my controller to make sure that I would not be grabbed once during the match. My apologies.

If you get grabbed by an IC, it's because they earned it. You'll get grabbed by Wobbles and Chu because THEY ARE BETTER PLAYERS THAN YOU. Simple as that.
So wrong, this isn't even close to being true. How can you assume that one match between two players makes one better than the other? That's too general of a statement.

3. SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT HUGZ VS WOBBLES ALREADY!! Wobbles beat Hugs. Wobbles played better than Hugs. Wobbles capitalized on Hugs's mistakes. It's Hugs's fault for getting grabbed by ICs. NO JOHNS.
100% true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom