• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Huge problems vs Pikacheap, Pikanoob or Pikaraper

Lionman

Smash Champion
Hello

Pikachu ***** me, what i have to do, what not and Why the hell he ***** me?

Note: My oponent is really good

__V

Smash Journeyman
His name is Campachu. And he's actually harder of a matchup than MK. I honestly have no idea how to deal with him either.

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
His name is Campachu. And he's actually harder of a matchup than MK. I honestly have no idea how to deal with him either.
El oh el to that.

Have you gone against a high level MK? No way is Spamachu harder than a well played MK.

But um details are nice. Whats his game style? Thunders, Jolts, what? I'm not too intune with the Pika players as like most Sonics they're generally played by n00bz.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Call me a scrub, but I'm dead fvcking serious: Spam the knee. Using odd timing, land on him with tippered knees, it's fairly effective and who knows, maybe one will sweetspot.

Lionman

Smash Champion
Pika Nº 1
Stupid shield chain graber *****, with stupid unescapable combos and that stupid thunder when you are trying to dont die while he do his stupid up smash

Pika Nº 2
Instant trasmision spamer, he is like Goku in super saiyan 5, i cant hit him.

I cant beat pikachu with Falcon...

Maybe i should use Samus?

Roager

Smash Ace
You have to pull bait and switch tactics, and try to get pika in the air. His moves may start off laglessly, but they take enough time you can usually retaliate with utilt or uair. Once you get Pika offstage, it takes ledgehog skillz, of course. Just keep really good track of your invulnerability frames, cuz Pika side-b tends to stage spike. Pika v Falcon's a tough one, so you have to play quite a bit better than your opponent (in terms of prediction and such) to win it.

Or, if he's intensely spamtastic, just go fox, and reflectorwhore until he's forced to do something else. Reflector + Thunder = lulz

Mith_

Smash Champion
Maybe Wolf would be better than Fox against Pika? I'm not sure I don't have much experience against Pikachu, which is unfortunate because he is so good.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I havn't played a chaingrab pika. The one I remember was all about spamming DSmash against any aerial approach and FSmash against any ground approach, which led me to dash towards him and SH, so if he FSmashed I aerial Falcon Kick (I figured I'd get hit if I tried to Knee him) and if he DSmashed just land outside of it's range and go from there. Quick-attack spam isn't so bad because you can usually figure out where they're going to go, and once you start punishing it they'll stop because it doesn't do much damage. Thunderbolt spam can be a pain, but just learn when the hitbox ends and you can punish it. Knowing the limitations of his recovery can also help a lot for edgegaurding.

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, I've played some good Pikachus and this matchup is 80:20.
Every ******** scrub can beat you with Pikachu, for me it's hardest matchup.

DeactoVater

Smash Cadet
Pikachu a *** Noob character i have never versed a skilled pikachu but i could only imagine.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Try hitting it with a Hammer.

Hammers are usually effective against rats.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Pikachu can chain grab Falcon too.. that's what the non spammy and not so skilled pikachu's do. Skilled ones would do it either cause its tourney or they just want to. Spammy ones, eh i don't know much about them.. Falcon punch thunder?

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
This ones for You Lionman,

so Pikachu is giving you problems, there are a couple of things you can do to maximize your chances of winning. First and foremost is to F*CKING COUNTERPICK this step can really change the tide of the match in your favor (I recomend Norfair or Jungle Japes). Next analyze what Pika is so effective at doing, from what I know Pikachu can thunder jolt spam, Dsmash or Thunder spam (usually on ground so it has no after lag), QAC, CG you to about what 70%?, and use shield pressuring multi-hit (and long lasting) aerials. So if you countered to one of the recommended stages you can minimize the thunder jolt spam severely, minimize the use of QAC, and have less room to Dsmash or thunder on ground. After that just play the platforms, try to get Pikachu above you and start ****** with Uairs, then go for a gimp or a good ol' smash to finish the job. If your very unlucky and he chooses FD all I can say is to stay in range of a QAC, because anything can out-prioritize it and plus your close enough to punish jolt spams. Pikachu's recovery is really good but has no priority, Dair can go through QA and his skull bash, it requires some percise timing but it can happen it just comes with experience. when being hit by Dsmash start smashing the joystick up-wards as fast as you can (SDI) in order to escape. So basically just get below him, cause once he's above you he doesn't have many options, but getting him their is up to you and how well your stage (position rather) is

hope it helps

CptAwesome

Smash Rookie
Maybe i should use Samus?
Heh, I didnt know Falcon gave up so easily. I know whats bugging you, the grabs, the Thunder spikes, the DSmash...

I lost a semi final match against a really good Pikachu =/

But after I befriended him, I learned a little mind game that worked for me,

After moving in and out of his range, make him exaust his moves, and then go in for a grab, rapid punch, or a Sliding FSmash (whatever gets your momentum going)

As for his other B moves like BForward or his so called "Instant Transmition" (BUp), you can easily grab after these moves by spacing yourself enough so that his lag time kicks in after those moves.

I hope this helped in anyway, and dont forget to keep moving and play midgames :)

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
When it comes down to pika vs falcon, you have to be really cautious about pika. obivously we have lethal cgs on you, and we can combo falcons quite effectively other then cgs. basically hang around him and wait for him to attack, then punish. after punishing, move away before we can start comboing again. going over offensive will get you shield grabbed, and we can do a lot to defensive poeple. I do agree this is an incredibly bad matchupfor falcon. oh and DI the dsmash. it helps a lot.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Heh, I didnt know Falcon gave up so easily. I know whats bugging you, the grabs, the Thunder spikes, the DSmash...

I lost a semi final match against a really good Pikachu =/

But after I befriended him, I learned a little mind game that worked for me,

After moving in and out of his range, make him exaust his moves, and then go in for a grab, rapid punch, or a Sliding FSmash (whatever gets your momentum going)

As for his other B moves like BForward or his so called "Instant Transmition" (BUp), you can easily grab after these moves by spacing yourself enough so that his lag time kicks in after those moves.

I hope this helped in anyway, and dont forget to keep moving and play midgames :)
Lol that probably wasn't worth the time. And you don't seem to accurately illustrate that his DSmash hits above him, which is why aerial approaches get owned.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
Yeah pikachu in my opinion who doesn't have much of a learning curve. spam B if he gets close enough dsmash. Basically thats about it. Getting around these stupid things is something metaknight might have troubles with. Olimar is my toughest, his stupid grab then smack you when your in a hitstun animation.

CptAwesome

Smash Rookie
Lol that probably wasn't worth the time. And you don't seem to accurately illustrate that his DSmash hits above him, which is why aerial approaches get owned.
Well thats just dandy. If you you can do it better, please go ahead.

Top Bottom