• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Huckabee: "we need to amend the Constitution so it's in God standards"

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
MIKE HUCKABEE said:
I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution. But I believe it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living God. And that's what we need to do, to amend the Constitution so it's in God standards rather than try to change God's standards so it lines up with some contemporary view of how we treat each other and how we treat the family.
I heard this last night on CNN and again this morning on MSNBC. Christians are trying to take over this country and they want to impose their will on all of us.

http://newsbusters.org/static/2008/01/2008-01-15MSNBCMJ.wmv

cF=)

Smash Lord
I facepalm.jpg so hard.

There's nothing to say, just hope he won't get elected.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Yeah, he pretty much just lost his part in the race and pissed off at least 1/3 of the country on the way.

1) You don't edit the constitution.
2) Regarding to 1), people have a right to believe and follow whichever religion they see fit.

Moral of the story? Don't threaten or force your religion on others for "the greater good".

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
We seem to be forgetting about a little something called "freedom of religion", don't we Huckabee?

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Huckabee? More like Huckastoppushingyourreligiousagendaoneveryone, am I right? Especially after what our current Commander-in-Chief/US Head Priest has done.

Tryptomine

Smash Journeyman
I heard this last night on CNN and again this morning on MSNBC. Christians are trying to take over this country and they want to impose their will on all of us.
One does not represent all. Huckabee is a *******, and there are many other *******es who agree with him, but he by no means speak for all Christians.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Everyone who has posted here has missed the entire point.

Except the guy who ninja'd in before me. Maybe.

Kitten

Smash Journeyman
They didn't miss the point. Indeed, Huckabee does not represent all Christians and by no means are all Christians attempting to hijack the country, but the point of this thread was for us to all moan about how **** Huckabee is.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Huckabee won't survive past Super Tuesday. He's trying to parlay his Iowa victory, rooted in religious fundamentalism, into a campaign based on economic populism. The problem is, his national sales tax proposal would actually hit lower and middle classes the hardest. He seems likable enough as a candidate, but how anyone can get behind his policies is baffling to me.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow... just wow...

Usually politicians try to hide their hidden agendas, but not Huckabee! The fact that he has even a modest support does not bode well for the democratic process.

Kudos for honesty?

Zink

Smash Champion
rats. another one to cross off the list.
okay, I no longer have any candidates left. whoever posts below me gets my 08 vote.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I stand by my statement that Huckabee can really spin bull**** quite well. This was him being honest and people didn't like it. He should go back to bull****ting.

Shin Virus

Smash Cadet
man i wish joe biden was still in the race...i doubt i'll even vote now, these next 4 years are gonna be rough on us

Zink

Smash Champion
I stand by my statement that Huckabee can really spin bull**** quite well. This was him being honest and people didn't like it. He should go back to bull****ting.
CK '08. Because "Eric" starts with an E, just like "Executive".

In all seriousness. Things are bad. I'm not foolish enough to vote liberal, yet too many conservatives are too radical. Guliani did clean up New York...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
1) You don't edit the constitution.
Actually, the thing that makes the Constitution great is that you can edit it. Women wouldn't be able to vote if it weren't for edits.

I dont think amending the constitution is the right thing to do on social matters. I hope and know he'll never pull anything like this off.

But at least he's honest considering he just commited political scuicide. That's admirable.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
I'm a Christian, but I don't agree with Huckabee. You can't force anyone to follow the Bible, especially in a nation that's supposed to be free. If you try to force others to live by your standards...then what's to keep them from trying to force you to live by their standards? It just doesn't work that way. Oh well, I wasn't planning on voting for Huckabee anyway (unless the only other choice is Hillary). RON PAUL 2008!!

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Actually, the thing that makes the Constitution great is that you can edit it. Women wouldn't be able to vote if it weren't for edits...
Correct, but I don't think you can edit the Constitution to support or favor a single religion over a separate one. That would be going against the original purpose; that people can believe whichever religion they want and be treated as equals.

I suppose that came out weird. My bad.

otter

Smash Ace
I don't think you guys realize just how many americans would be happy to just switch to a christian based dictatorship and just kill off all minoraties. You should look for the good in people, but I lost alot of hope after the partiot act.....

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
No chance of that ever happening, the majorities required to get a constitutional amendment will never be achieved for something like this.

If this becomes extremely public, it will bode very well for his evangelical support, but very poorly for his support from everyone else.

But achieving it would be impossible again, the non-theists, people of other religions, lax Christians, and Christians who believe in separation of Church and State (such as myself) will never allow it, those individuals who wish for this don't even constitute a majority, let alone enough required for an amendment to the constitution.

Not to mention that lack of separation of Church and State would hurt such groups more then anyone else. They constitute a minority of the country, if in reaction to this lack of separation the majority decided to persecute fundamentalist Christians, there won't be anything they'll be able to do about it.

Top Bottom