• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How's my pikachu?

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
so this past weekend in SoCal, there was an "Arcadian" tournament which is basically a tournament where the top 20 players in SoCal are only allowed to enter the tournament as low tiers. This gives the lesser players a much better chance at winning. I played pikachu the entire time and placed 9th out of ~80 people haha. I realized Pikachu's really fun and is a character I wanna get good with. So please, give me advice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zWRhqfVn8A&playnext=1&videos=cqh57D-cynQ&feature=mfu_in_order

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOEH1b4ee_o

these are the only matches I got recorded last Saturday but I'll have more vids in the future.

Thanks!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
1st match I noticed dairs, very lagy, can't set-up anything only use it when you have to finish a combo and edge gaurd and sometimes during a full hop. JC grab= less lag of course.

less d-smash full hop upair is better in many cases if they sheild it they won't be able to punish it as easily.

more info later sorry but it's late for me

if you hit a sheild with nair from the front to avoid sheild grabs jab that s***, roll or spot-dodge.

also pikachu has the best pummel in the game it's the fastest with most stun same for pichu's I mean you can freakin wobble with that s***don't be afraid to pummel it's fast free damage.

also I noticed you don't jolt was it just the MU or what?

your pikachu is pretty d*** good and very neat besides you could be gayer. overall you know what's up.

also learn to recover. the last part of up-B about as long as pikachu is the part you land on the stage else you'll lag really bad.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
What's sad is that if my region did this with its top 5 or so players

I think Idea would probably place last

And grand finals would probably be between Unknown522's Pichu and someone else

God **** Toronto sucks

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
thanks ICG I'll keep what you said in mind when I play in tourny this saturday,

I like how only ICG has given me advice. Q_Q

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
i'm normally the only one who does if axe or N64 doesn't look. now they may come. your pikachu is pretty neat.

Also I been messing around with pichu and his fair when they are oon the edge is pretty nice it beats anything that isn't diskointed like you can beat knees and junk with an air move safly.

N64

Smash Champion
watched all the matches. Looks good, been putting off responding until I had time for an adequate response, but I'm lazy now!

I like a lot of the decisions you made. You're not afraid to be a little risky with pikachu, which is good. The pika falcon matchup is so fast paced that you really need to capitalize as much as you can whenever you can, as 0-deaths can and will happen on both sides.

There's a few things I think you can improve on, at least in this matchup. Pretty much always DI falcon throws away. If you don't he can CG you or get a fair at higher percents, whereas the best he can do from you DIing away is to try to techchase. Also, not sure if they were just technical errors, but always jump cancel grabs, as it's super laggy otherwise. Work on getting ledge sweetspot angles down, as being able to do this consistently makes pika that much more difficult to edgeguard. I generally like to see more tilts, as pika's tilts are alright, but they don't play as big of a role in this matchup in particular, so understandable.

Otherwise I'm impressed! You seem to have a pretty good handle on the rat.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
thanks N64! yeah those missed JC grabs were pretty bad lol. I agree with you on the tilts being okay.

also, I didn't know CF could chaingrab pikachu. I'll remember to DI away for sure.

Top Bottom