• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would you remake Super Smash Bros.?

BowserKing

Smash Lord
It's on the thread titled "Make a roster for the hypothetical "Smash Reboot" that was considered"

There are earlier prototype and sequels as well.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
  1. Everyone is still here
  2. Development time is extended as long as possible to keep people working on the project in a healthy environment
  3. As many realizable and negotiable fighters are added as possible
  4. All gamemodes return, and are fixed or edited to be better
  5. An actual story is added instead of a chain of event matches
  6. Online is improved vastly.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
As numerous games with transferable rosters. Smash Brothers Red and Blue.
I want to expand on this:

Game Zero: Smash Brothers Ultimate: If you own Smash Brothers Ultimate you have it already. If not, buying any subsequent smash game will give you smash ultimate for free. Your smash ultimate game will gain enough new character slots to add 75 characters of your choosing from any subsequent smash. This is the only place where third party characters are.

Game One: Smash Brothers X The Mushroom Kingdom

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Yoshi
  4. Donkey Kong
  5. Peach
  6. Bowser
  7. Dr Mario
  8. Diddy Kong
  9. Wario
  10. Rosalina and Luma
  11. Bowser Jr
  12. King K Rool
  13. Pirahna Plant
  14. Larry
  15. Lemmy
  16. Ludwig
  17. Iggy
  18. Wendy
  19. Morton
  20. Roy
  21. Daisy
  22. Toad
  23. Waluigi
  24. Toadette
  25. Geno
  26. Mallow
  27. Paper Mario
  28. Fawful
  29. Prince Peasley
  30. Poochy
  31. Shy Guy
  32. Koopa Troopa
  33. Hammer Bros.
  34. Dry Bones
  35. Boo
  36. Wart
  37. Tatanga
  38. Triclyde
  39. Mouser
  40. Lord Fredrik
  41. Cranky Kong
  42. Funky Kong
  43. Dixie Kong
  44. Captain Syrup
  45. Princess Shokola
  46. Ashley
  47. Mona
  48. 9 Volt
  49. Kat and Ana
  50. Big broodal
  51. Girl broodal
  52. Boy Broodal
  53. Boom Boom/Pom Pom
  54. Birdo
  55. Nabbit
  56. Dimentio
  57. Shadow Queen
  58. Lubba
  59. Pauline
  60. Baby Mario
  61. Baby Luigi
  62. Boo
  63. Lakitu
  64. Kamek
  65. Captain Toad
  66. Donkey Kong Jr.
  67. E Gadd
  68. Dr Luigi
  69. Tanooki Mario
  70. Kitsune Luigi

Boss One: Tiki Tak Final boss
Boss Two: Princess Shroob
Boss Three: Giga Donkey Kong
Boss Four: Cat Bowser
Boss Five: Orbulon
Boss Six: Mimi
Boss Seven: King Boo
Boss Eight: Smithy
Boss Bonus: Giga Bowser

Unique parts of this game:

Platformer like story mode through mario locales.
Lots of Smash meets Wario Ware style mini games and a mode to do the wario ware effect on all levels

Both story modes will have online versions (the platformer goes race or co op like mario maker 2, and online wario ware has happened before.)

Game 2: Smash Brothers: Triforce Emblem

1. Link
  2. Young Link
  3. Toon link
  4. Zelda
  5. Sheik
  6. Ganondorf
  7. Twinrova A
  8. Twinrova B
  9. Impa
  10. Vaati
  11. Darunia
  12. Toon Zelda
  13. Tetra
  14. Cadence
  15. Old Midna
  16. Saria
  17. Malon/Epona
  18. Kaepora Baegora
  19. Tingle (with tingle bros. Alts)
  20. Revali
  21. Urbosa
  22. Daruk
  23. Mipha
  24. Sidon
  25. Bokoblin
  26. Moblin
  27. Octorok/Deku Shrub
  28. Din
  29. Naryu
  30. Linkle
  31. Darknut
  32. Yiga Clan
  33. Agnahim
  34. Zant
  35. Ghirahim
  36. Wolf Link and Midna
  37. Linebeck
  38. Groose
  39. Gannon (Moblin King)
  40. Isaac (Golden Sun)
  41. Max (Golden Sun)
  42. Ike
  43. Marth/Lucina
  44. Robin
  45. Roy/Chrom
  46. Corrin
  47. Lyn
  48. Hector
  49. Paladin (with alts from different games)
  50. Pegasus Knight (with alts from different games)
  51. Mage (with alts from different games)
  52. Armor Knight (with alts from different games)
  53. Cleric (with alts from different games)
  54. Valkyrie (with alts from different games)
  55. Swordfighter (with alts from different games)
  56. Mercenary (with alts from different games)
  57. Wyvern Knight (with alts from different games)
  58. Mamkute (with alts from different games)
  59. The lycanthrope guys (with alts from different games)
  60. Marine Fighter/ Pirate (with alts from different games)
  61. Rogue (with alts from different games)
  62. Ryoma
  63. Archer (with alts from different games)
  64. Sigurd
  65. Celiph
  66. Alvis
  67. Dancer (with alts from different games)
  68. Eliwood
  69. Erdrick
  70. Ephraighm

Boss One: Wizroboe
Boss Two: Julian (Fire Emblem 4)
Boss Three: Dragon Stalfos
Boss Four: Shadow Link weilding the Four Sword
Boss Five: Dodongo
Boss Six: Dragon (Fire Emblem 7)
Boss Seven: Phantom Ganon
Boss Eight: Calamity Ganon
Bonus Boss: Giga Ganon

Unique parts of this game:

2 story modes -
Fire Emblem like story mode - A fire Emblem like story mode where the battles become smash brothers fights instead of traditional fire emblem numbers based attacks (very similar to project x zone, one life rounds of smash with small heals after each fight ). Weapons triangle will effect attacks in this mode)

Zelda 2 like story mode - guide smash characters in a zelda 2 like game where Ganon seeks to unite the fire emblem and the triforce

Only the fire emblem story mode has an online version, pick an agreed amount of fighters, and it’s like fire emblem pvp except the fights become smash brothers one life fights and damage slightly heals after each fight.

Other online mode focuses on mounted combat and characters that do not have mounts have special ones made for this mode.

Game 3: Smash Brothers: Pokemon fever

Pick 70 pokemon. I’m going to stop listing characters now because I’m lazy and it’s not really central.

Put in a pokemon like story mode where you customize your pokemon trainer, a new button is assigned for “switch pokemon” and you choose what three-six you want in your party.

Pokemon typing will effect your attacks in this story mode.

Bosses: Pick some legendaries, mythicals, and ultra beasts you didn’t make playable. You have your bosses.

Add in an all star mode called “Battle Tower” where you face are gym leaders/island challenge bosses/elite four members/champions who are different customized pokemon trainers that have their teams.

Battle Tower of course has pvp.

Game 4: smash brothers: space mercenaries uprising:

70 characters from Metroid, Kid Icarus, Star Fox and F Zero

Bosses.

A Metroidvania like story mode.

An F Zero like racing mode (all characters have personal ships in this mode)

Put F Zero online.

Yes Nintendo just made an F Zero game

Game 5: Nintendo Land:

Earthbound, Duck Hunt, ROB, wii fit trainer, little mac, and every retro character imaginable will fill half this roster. The other half is all kirby characters.

I genuinely don’t know what story modes or online modes to do here, it truly is wide open.

I’m sure I missed some franchises. Maybe I should just make Kirby and Pikmin a sixth game with starfy and other characters I’m forgetting to get to have even more room for advance wars and codename steam characters.

My main point is this would be how I’d take the smash franchise. As one base game you can import characters to from other large but more franchise focused experiences that still tie into smash.

Some Beedrill

Smash Apprentice
Pretty much what just happened was I was typing out this long, and I mean a long LONG post that I was writing for nearly an hour going through a lot of details. Eventually, I ended up pressing ctrl, shift, and j at the same time. For those who don't know, that allows to so the websites source code. And it just so happened that this 1 in a million chance restarts the page and all that text was gone. I was so mad that I had to take a long shower to get my mind off of it. Pretty much, this isn't as in depth but supposed to get everything it needs to done. Anyways, onto the roster for this ideal soft-ish reboot

Starting Roster:
Dream Roster Starting (2).jpg

The idea for this dream game's starting roster is that it has to be able to entice people to buy the game and get excited for it, while keeping it big enough that you can tell people it's the full roster to a soft reboot and get away with it. The reason I say that is because the majority of the content is supposed to be hidden until you end up stumbling upon it. It's to keep everything interesting and gets you really excited when you see a character that you wanted in that challenger approaching screen. That's why there are a few crowd pleasers and not all of them, some characters that seem to be there for promotion, Steve just to boost sales dramatically since we'd be able to market him, and Sans to sort of seal the deal.

Unlockables Visualizer? (you could call it that)
Dream Roster with locks.jpg

After a while you start to unlock characters by doing specific things is certain situations, like playing Classic, reflecting projectiles, getting enough trophies, etc.

Full Roster:
Dream Roster (1).jpg

My personal mix of ideal and realistic while not taking itself to seriously, with every veteran and tons of newcomers. Yeah, some of these characters are realistically never going to get into Smash, like the majority of the new Pokemon, Thwomp, Sir Kibble, MC Ballyhoo, Swooping Snitchbug, Starman, Peashooter, Opa Opa, Eddy, James Bond. I bet you get the idea by now. If you want me to elaborate further quote this so I get the notification of PM me.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Pretty much what just happened was I was typing out this long, and I mean a long LONG post that I was writing for nearly an hour going through a lot of details. Eventually, I ended up pressing ctrl, shift, and j at the same time. For those who don't know, that allows to so the websites source code. And it just so happened that this 1 in a million chance restarts the page and all that text was gone. I was so mad that I had to take a long shower to get my mind off of it. Pretty much, this isn't as in depth but supposed to get everything it needs to done. Anyways, onto the roster for this ideal soft-ish reboot

Starting Roster:
View attachment 231600

The idea for this dream game's starting roster is that it has to be able to entice people to buy the game and get excited for it, while keeping it big enough that you can tell people it's the full roster to a soft reboot and get away with it. The reason I say that is because the majority of the content is supposed to be hidden until you end up stumbling upon it. It's to keep everything interesting and gets you really excited when you see a character that you wanted in that challenger approaching screen. That's why there are a few crowd pleasers and not all of them, some characters that seem to be there for promotion, Steve just to boost sales dramatically since we'd be able to market him, and Sans to sort of seal the deal.

View attachment 231605

After a while you start to unlock characters by doing specific things is certain situations, like playing Classic, reflecting projectiles, getting enough trophies, etc.

Full Roster:
View attachment 231606

My personal mix of ideal and realistic while not taking itself to seriously, with every veteran and tons of newcomers. Yeah, some of these characters are realistically never going to get into Smash, like the majority of the new Pokemon, Thwomp, Sir Kibble, MC Ballyhoo, Swooping Snitchbug, Starman, Peashooter, Opa Opa, Eddy, James Bond. I bet you get the idea by now. If you want me to elaborate further quote this so I get the notification of PM me.
Just curious, what's the name of this roster maker? I really like the design but I can't recall the name.

Some Beedrill

Smash Apprentice
Are there any roster makers that don't require a download
No. All of them require a download of some form. Some you need to download an image, others you need to download an application. However, you can use png's on Google and put them into Google Drive and crop them by double clicking.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So...
I have ideas.
If smash was to be rebooted.
1. Cut the roster down. Sm4sh and ultimate's rosters were too crazy. Cut them down to only the most important characters. Add a small amount of newcomers.
2. Cut stage amount in half. Add a few new ones.
3. Cut assist trophies. One summoning item gets the match more intense enough.
4. Have a smaller number of items.
5. Bring back trophies. Make them easier to collect, and just scrap challenges and event matches completely.
6. Focus on fun gameplay, limit down the large amount of modes, and just keep a few things from the vault, home run contest, all-star, and classic modes.
7. Get rid of all the fancy techniques. Make it easy for everyone.
That's all I have to say.
So yah, expanding on this, roster will be made.
Here we are. All third parties are cut. It is a Nintendo fighting game, so why clog it up with useless indies?
Mario: :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdaisy::, as well as Goomba and Toad as newcomers. Goomba is the enemy rep while Toad was added in as he is incredibly known. I kept the main stars and kept Daisy (she was on the brink of being cut) but kept her due to her being more known than bowser jr per say.
Dk: :ultdk::ultkrool:, The main character and villain. Diddy was cut because he was a side character and unless Dixie gets in, he's staying cut.
Yoshi: :ultyoshi:, and Poochy as a newcomer. Poochy is basically the secondary main character of Yoshi due to Baby Mario not appearing in a Yoshi game since Yoshi's Island Ds. You could say Kamek over Poochy, but he's my choice.
Wario: :ultwario:, nothing else to say here.
Zelda: :ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:, Ganon as a transform, :ulttoonlink:. I kept Link and Zelda as they are the main stars. Ganondorf has Ganon so they are the main villain, while Toon Link is the main character of a lot of Zelda games these days. Young Link was cut due to only having two appearances, same with Sheik.
Pokémon: :ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpokemontrainer::ultgreninja:, and Melmetal as a newcomer. Pokémon was hard in the sense most veterans are much loved. Incineroar was cut because he is way less popular smash wise than the others. Greninja was kept to represent the starters. Pokémon Trainer is the main character so he was obviously kept. Pikachu and Jigglypuff are icons by this point. It was a tough choice whether or not to cut Mewtwo, but since Melmetal has been getting a lot more attention than other mythicals, he was added to replace Mewtwo and represent the other legendaries and mythicals. Lucario was cut, but I forgot my own reason for it lol.
Metroid: :ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultridley:, Samus is in as she is the main character, Ridley as the main villain, and Dark Samus to represent the prime series. Zero was cut due to only two major appearances within Metroid, Zero Mission and Other M.
Kirby: :ultkirby::ultkingdedede:,with Dark Matter as a newcomer. Kirby and Dedede are the most known Kirby characters, while Dark Matter was added as a villain rep, they are the only villains who are actually still a villain that isn't the size of the planet or whatever.
Star Fox: :ultfox::ultwolf:, Hero and Villain rep, with Falco cut due to Slippy and Peppy not being in, it feels unfair to them.
F-Zero: :ultfalcon:
Mother: :ultness:, with Porky as a newcomer. Hero and Villain reps. Lucas was cut because it felt like disrespect to Ninten.
Other: Basically the franchise which have always had one rep.:ultgnw::ultrob::ultduckhunt::ultlittlemac::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:, with Starfy and Chibi-Robo as newcomers. The Mii's were kept due to being the technical mascots of the wii, R.O.B due to his importance to stopping the gaming crash of 83, Game and Watch due to representing Nintendo's oldest handheld, Duck Hunt, because if the game's success, and Little Mac to represent Punch-Out!!. Starfy and Chibi-Robo were added due to being decently known Nintendo franchises.
Fire Emblem: :ultmarth::ultrobin::ultike:, Marth because Marth, Ike because of his importance within fire emblem, and Robin to represent awakening, the game that saved fire emblem from being cancelled.
Kid Icarus: :ultpit::ultpalutena:, the two main characters.
Pikmin: :ultolimar::ultalph:, Olimar as the main character, with Alph representing Pikmin 3's crew.
Animal Crossing: :ultvillager:, with Tom Nook as a newcomer. Villager is the main protagonist, while Tom Nook is the most important villager within animal crossing.
Xenoblade Chronicles: :ultshulk:, with Rex as a newcomer. Shulk is the main character of the first game, while Rex is the main character of the second.
Splatoon: :ultinkling:, due to being one of Nintendo's most successful new franchises.
There we are.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I don't completely follow my last post in terms of how I would remake Smash but I would keep the Master Hand boss battle a reference to the Leprechaun.

Mario, DK, Kirby, Ness, Wario, Mewtwo, Little Mac and Ridley see major changes.

Characters have special interactions.

Assist trophies are completely removed.

Training Mode has codecs.

Newcomers are Cranky Kong, Samurai Goroh, Pokey and Wart.

New Final Destination boss is Wario, only on Adventure Mode. When Wario is defeated, Kamek fishes Wario from the ground and increases his size into Giant Wario. Giga Bowser is a returnee boss. Metal Mario is a returmee sub boss on battlefield.

Metal Cavern is a selectable stage.

Kirby, Earthbound and Metroid themed levels are new present platform levels with Waddle Dee, Starman and Metroid enemies on Adventure Mode.

Master Hand is a rare stage hazard on Final Destination.

Inklings are the new Vs. 30 Fighting Team on Classic Mode.

Race To The Finish and Break The Targets modes return. Test Of Strength is a new mode. Survival Mode is a new single player mode.

Giga Mac is a new giant match in Classic Mode.

Last edited:

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman

Starting Roster:
View attachment 231600

View attachment 231605

Full Roster:
View attachment 231606

That a big roster for a Reboot. If you can call it that.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Everyone is still here, but this would be my newcomer roster, given more dev time:

Base Game
-Celica
-:ultridley:
-DeMille (Tomato Adventure)
-:ultsimon:
-:ultkrool:
-Adeleine and Ribbon
-Mimikyu
-Terry Bogard
-:ultpiranha:

DLC
-:ultjoker:
-Sora
-:ultbanjokazooie:
-Arle Nadja
-Byleth
-Mach Rider
-Crash Bandicoot

Echoes
-:ultdarksamus:
-:ultdaisy:
-:ultlucina:
-:ultdarkpit:
-Shadow
-:ultken:
-:ultrichter:
-Coco Bandicoot (DLC)

Dan

Smash Lord
Make his aesthetic and moveset completely based Warioland.
That's what I wanted to hear. If they introduced him in Melee (supposedly the next character on the docket had they had more time) he would've totally been different.

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
I could see mine as a complete update to the OG Super Smash Bros... All maps, music tracks, & mii costumes ever available in Smash, but not every character... Heres the roster:
Base-
:ultfalcon::ultpiranha::ultsamus::ultmario::ultlucina::ultlink::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultjigglypuff::ultkirby::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter::ultness::ultfox::ultdk::ultpokemontrainer::ultyoshi::ultsnake:

Unlockable-
:ultsonic:, solo :ultcharizard:, :ultryu:, :ultpeach:, :ultbanjokazooie:, :ultbayonetta:, byleth, & :ultduckhunt:

The only new playable characters would be (they are all dlc):
1. Scorpion (MK)
2. Chimchar (Pokémon)
3. Lara Croft
4. Rabbid Luigi
5. Minecraft Steve
6. PvZ Peashooter
7. Ray Man
8. Dry Bones
9. Cuphead
10. Dk Jr.

I tried to stick to characters that many people know in smash, & ones that are in the original... I wanted solo charizard back ever since he was bounced back to for ultimate, & I would make that happen like this...

Last edited:
Top Bottom