• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Can anyone give me just some general tips with how I handle the Fox MU? This is me playing very average against a fox that plays me very often, so he knows my tricks. I do much better against foxes at tournaments that are at or above his level. Starts at 5:40 http://www.twitch.tv/cmusmash/v/18381407
Also if anyone wants to help me with the shek MU it's at the beginning of the video.
Also Puff MU at 15:10.

Like I said this is not me playing great, I'm trying to get better by showing you average matches.
I'm decent vs fox, but it would be much, much more practical to get a critique for you in person. Come find me / pm me before you play even and I can explain why some things were wrong and what you could be doing

Duel

Smash Apprentice
I'm decent vs fox, but it would be much, much more practical to get a critique for you in person. Come find me / pm me before you play even and I can explain why some things were wrong and what you could be doing
Thanks, lets play and I can pick your brain for advice. I have no Ganon's around my area to help me get better so it is hard to get in person advice other than when I ask Sawyer some things at tournies.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Kage def #1 in the matchup. Trail is best at the ganon matchup as IC I would say due to that EDDIE J MUTHA****IN HOWELLS practice and kage beat him 3-2 and 2-1. Though trail told me if he knew how to wobble, he would've won, to which I say: Johns.

Anyway, what do y'all think of this new v-canceling trick? Could be cool for when you're drifting to the ledge after up-b and fox has a nice up smash / fsmash waiting for you.

Renth

Smash Hero
Kage def #1 in the matchup. Trail is best at the ganon matchup as IC I would say due to that EDDIE J MUTHA****IN HOWELLS practice and kage beat him 3-2 and 2-1. Though trail told me if he knew how to wobble, he would've won, to which I say: Johns.
Have you never heard of Uber Ice?

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Yeah, Grands was recorded. Me and colin have siiiiick chemistry. Can't wait to enter more teams with that homie.

Meh, wasn't really feeling too rusty at this tourney. Played a ridiculous amount of friendlies so I feel most of my tech is on point once again. Wizzy just beat me fair and square; kid is mad good.

I'm just decent vs falcon, honestly. I was surprised I took a match, as i've literally not played a falcon in more than a year lol. Fair on shield to grab is something I agree I should have done more. I def was trying to cc jab him but his nair spacing neutralized that PaperstSoapCo PaperstSoapCo . As for side b, that's a super risky one...miss and you get WTFcomboed to hell.

No offense to jason, but i'm def better than him vs flaco loool...spacies are my best matchups by far.

Certainly not going ganon against sheik anymore. I beat most sheiks but when they're ledgecamping to cg like mewdosking it's not even worth the struggle. Fox vs sheik is much easier and my fox is already pretty good. Not to discourage anyone in the matchup; but i'd just rather the easier/less frustrating path.

Overall i'm catching up to the metagame...not quite there yet but i'm getting close. Couple more tournies and i'll be ready to go oos ;)
Welp. Them wins on clay and lambchops meant diddly squat. LOL Glad you're back Pasta, I got a major boost from EVO, but I might loose it if I don't frequent tournaments; trying to nationals (I had my chance to go to BH but thrown because of family issues)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Someone win the lottery so all Ganons can just travel from national to national together. Fvck IRL responsibilities. Penthouse suites, hookers, green greens and Ganon moving up the tier list. Lmao

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
If only fly was good at the mu. Kage is #1.
PseudoTurtle PseudoTurtle

You guys don't think Fly is very good at the matchup even though he's doing insane combos with sopo and has now had A GOOD AMOUNT of experience vs. Bizz, the second best Ganon at the moment?

I only say Bizz is the best because he's taking sets off arguably the best ICs player. I don't know where to rank @Divinokage in this matchup because he's not taking on ICs of the same caliber as Fly. I could definitely see him being the best at it, I'd just like to see him play the west coast ICs and Bizz play the east coast ICs first

I've only ever watched uberice take on renth in the various streams he's posted here. Again, another player where it's really hard to tell how good he at a matchup because I'm only seeing him play one player. Sure, you can gauge skill. But there are so many micro decisions in neutral that change a lot from player to player. Someone might be really good vs. a particular player rather than a particular matchup.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I posted that set in this thread the day after it happened, I've seen it. I don't know how they struck to yoshi's, first of all. YS should be banned, lmao. And game 3 was hilarious. Trust me, if spacing fairs and praying to not get grabbed always worked this would be a 90:10 matchup.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Also ppl should be murking IC's from 0% with dair to dsmash, when they DI the dair. It's like 18 frames of error or some ****. Great 0-death setup (free uair after dsmash).

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
So the final results of my not-very-exhaustive research on when dair>dsmash is a good idea.(note that these numbers only include %s where aerial followups to the dsmash are possible, because the dsmash is suboptimal otherwise)

Fox - Frame perfect: 11%, feasible: 22%-47%
Falco - Frame perfect: 8%, feasible: 18%-40%
Sheik - Feasible: 0%-18%
Marth - Ridiculously easy 0%-12%
Puff - Nope
Peach - Nope
Captain Falcon - Frame perfect: 5%, feasible: 20%-47%
ICs - Very easy 0%-8%

Please note that my 'feasible' ranges don't represent actual objective thresholds of any kind, they're simply the range between the highest possible percentage at which dsmash will secure aerial followups, and the lowest possible percentage that *I* feel I could reliably perform in tournament. That doesn't mean these combos are humanly impossible at any percentages lower than my 'feasible' range. If you want to be Bobby Badass and practice stomp>dsmash>usmash on Fox at 11%, or stomp>dsmash>fair on Falcon at 5%, then be my guest lmao

I have, lol. Nasty 2-0 on stream at the last monthly. Pretty sure I got 3-stocked both games. But then again, I beat him 2-1 in PM with my Ganon... probably because he went Marth and Snake! What gives, man?
Dair to dsmash shet

Edit: shoutouts to bobby badass

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Also ppl should be murking IC's from 0% with dair to dsmash, when they DI the dair. It's like 18 frames of error or some ****. Great 0-death setup (free uair after dsmash).
That's a good idea. I've been doing double dair into another aerial to kill nana cause she's going to miss the tech.

Last edited:

K1KK0M4N

Smash Rookie
Someone win the lottery so all Ganons can just travel from national to national together. Fvck IRL responsibilities. Penthouse suites, hookers, green greens and Ganon moving up the tier list. Lmao
Dude, I can't think of a better way to spend my money if I was that rich.

Someone should get Dan Bilzerian a copy of Melee. He'd main Ganon for sure, and we'd party with him all day everyday!

Linguini

Smash Master
lol ya fly wasn't looking too good against ganon in that set. I wouldn't say bizzarro is too good in the matchup because i'm just decent at it and I anniilated drunk sloth in tourney this past weekend.

I just play them like I do luigi LOL...both slippery fvcks

Renth

Smash Hero
lol ya fly wasn't looking too good against ganon in that set. I wouldn't say bizzarro is too good in the matchup because i'm just decent at it and I anniilated drunk sloth in tourney this past weekend.

I just play them like I do luigi LOL...both slippery fvcks
I'm 2-0 vs. Drunk Sloth in tournament sets. The Uber Ice experience >>>

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Can anyone recommend a decent steaming setup? What program would I be using to get that player/match cropped on screen?
I can post in the facebook group and get back to you, I have no idea about that ****. Also, mayflash adaptor came in the mail the day I left for big house. Let's netplay when I get back.

Second wave, but in losers. Whatever, not too happy about it because I could have done better, but at least I'm in it.

Duel

Smash Apprentice
Made it out of the first wave ! I beat a pikachu named fumbles. All my hard work has finally paid off.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Thanks, felt like I was playing Where's Waldo (twitch app).

Lol, Kage showing what happens to climbers on YS.

Last edited:
Top Bottom