• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

n0ne

Smash Ace
Sup

Won battle at the dome yesterday

1st melee sings and dubs
2nd sm4sh dubs 3rd sm4sh sings

Redbull came in last minute and gave a 10k pot bonus divided into all events
Left a happy man

Anyways games are here, went dorf for alot of games, mans can check that **** here
Www.twitch.tv/nickelcitygaming2

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Good God that pot bonus. If I was nearby I'd take a good chunk off your hands via ditto MM :denzel:

Edit: nice 3-0 on weon at the end

Last edited:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Sup

Won battle at the dome yesterday

1st melee sings and dubs
2nd sm4sh dubs 3rd sm4sh sings

Redbull came in last minute and gave a 10k pot bonus divided into all events
Left a happy man

Anyways games are here, went dorf for alot of games, mans can check that **** here
Www.twitch.tv/nickelcitygaming2
that's kinda absurd. especially considering that you and weon were seemingly the only real players there. who do you main in 4?

n0ne

Smash Ace
that's kinda absurd. especially considering that you and weon were seemingly the only real players there. who do you main in 4?
Hex and that pikachu player are unknown players that are p good
Redbull announced it at the venue and everyone was mindblown
Once the bonus was announced i knew i had to go super serious mode
Sm4sh mains are the same ones from melee

There was also a raffle for a wii u + controller plus adapter plus smash 4

And another raffle for a 7000$ worth trip to florida for 4 also by redbull

Naming my second son Red Bull btw

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
@ n0ne n0ne congrats! That's a hell of a pot bonus. Red bull has been doing some cool ass **** for melee lately, respect to them.

@ -ACE- -ACE- I like the plat waveland off DJ waveland back on a lot. In my experience, it's good to do it on the platform at the edge of the stage to bait a low recovery.

edit: like here

@ PaperstSoapCo PaperstSoapCo spidey's going to big house 5. After that, I'm gonna owe him a trip to Miami seeing as how he hiked his way up to the midwest.

Yo, a bit off topic, but you guys should stop stomping spot dodges (unless you're in shield). You should space a dsmash instead and here's why:

1) more coverage - This **** covers spot dodge AND roll behind when you time it correctly.

2) basically just as much follow up - you can get a grab after dsmash at low % and at mid-high %, you can get a fair. Granted, the hitstun on dair is better (1.5x), but dsmash hitstun is sufficient for 90% of the same follow ups.

3) FAR LESS PUNISHABLE - When you mess up the spot dodge read with a dair, you get shield grabbed. I don't like getting grabbed by fast fallers, that **** is stupid. If you space a dsmash on shield, there's not a hell of a lot your opponent can do. Maybe falcon can nair OOS? **** that ****, crouch cancel that joke of a move and grab that fool.

Church of dsmash, members: 2- PseudoTurtle and @Renth

Last edited:

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
i fell asleep and woke up 10 mins ago ace. i will go to vs next week i have 20xx now and jason power lvld me last night so i got some set ups to practice. my pivots are getting pretty on point i hit 8 in a row exhibition style just to see my consistency. I wanna go to bh5 when is it exactly?

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
i fell asleep and woke up 10 mins ago ace. i will go to vs next week i have 20xx now and jason power lvld me last night so i got some set ups to practice. my pivots are getting pretty on point i hit 8 in a row exhibition style just to see my consistency. I wanna go to bh5 when is it exactly?
That would be insane, Trail and I would really like to play you. It's October 2-4, but register soon because the cap just got raised, meaning it'll probably be hit again.

GET READY FOR GANON HOUSE 5.

Now all we need is Eddie and Linguini to go and we'll have all the ganon gods in one place!

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
At The Fall Classic yesterday and today I got to play Chaddd a lot, both in tournament and in a lot of friendlies. I hadn't played him since Olympus back in late February and he told me that I got a lot better since then, so it was really nice to hear from him.

I'll talk more about how exactly I did in tournament tomorrow, as I'm rather tired and need to detox from Melee for a bit. Got a lot of neat stuff to share :)

spider_sense

Smash Champion
@ PaperstSoapCo PaperstSoapCo - Yeah, I just need to let my job know and get a plane ticket with a reasonable round trip.

Dawg you need to demonstrate how good pivots jabs are; you're beasting too hard with them, I could tell you after the first few hours of passing you lvled up harder. We just need Dave to catch up, but he's making strides. Too bad you still can't Psuedo dash...:troll:

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lol **** the pseudo dash and **** pseudoturtle.

I will get it though. Landing on the plat to instant shield 6 times = it's only a matter of time.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
The money match I was supposed to have recorded didn't even get recorded or streamed as it was expected to. (I lost 3-1 but the games were close so I'm not too salty)
Tournament was run like **** too, Melee singles were 2 hours late and the store didn't even open until 12 when we were told to come at 11! I was tired as hell by the time singles came around and I got bodied, but hopefully next time I can get some footage to show off so I can get tips.

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Lol **** the pseudo dash and **** pseudoturtle.

I will get it though. Landing on the plat to instant shield 6 times = it's only a matter of time.
It's ok, man. Don't sweat it too hard, I heard there's only one person who can do that crazy tech anyway, so he must be REALLY good if he's the only one.

Did I mention he's the only person who can do it? Consistently?

Yo, in all seriousness though, I landed some absolutely sick follow ups off it in tournament the other day. Unfortunately, during one set, the capture card took a sh*t, and during another couple sets, I played off stream. But at least one set got recorded, and I'm gonna gfycat the fvck out of each time so those of you that think it isn't useful change your mind. Instant center stage from ledge on yoshi's story? Amazing.

Last edited:

NickNasty

Smash Cadet
Guys I need help against Joe Flacco and his gangsta laser. How do I overcome him
I honestly feel like Rolling is the best option 90% of the time against shield pressure/approaching lasers. Buffering a roll is great if he's sitting on top of you with laser shines (THIS COULD BE COMPLETELY WRONG IT JUST HAS BEEN WORKING AGAINST A FALCO I PLAY A LOT). If he is being lame and campy with lasers what I would do is either camp platforms or just try to powershield and approach that way. You can also Flame Choke (sideB) on the ground in neutral if he's lasering a lot. Just timing has to be impeccable or you're gonna get bodied. Figuring out the timing for that is a little tough, but it's a really nice surprise when it connects as it lets you follow up very soundly.

Last edited:

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
psuedo dash is hella hard.

Spider yeah man I wanna get some vids up sunday if I make it to vs. I should have my cg game down by then hopefully. A few times I cg you from low or 0 to 80. kinda wanna make it my goal to get a maximum damage output like that for every grab. Also tell me how much the plane tickets are, if theyre cheap I wanna go. Do you have housing or would you be down to split a hotel room?

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Guys I need help against Joe Flacco and his gangsta laser. How do I overcome him
Cc laser --> jab when he's close. If he's far, do the same thing, but cc with asdi down and away after he nairs you, so you get a grab. SDI his dair at low % so you can get a grab. They always go for the shine because falcos are simple minded. They will miss if you SDI properly, and then you get the grab.

Shield DI is a thing (that I suck at).

Honestly, cc --> jab works for basically anything in this matchup besides dair. Use it, spam it, whatever you gotta do. Follow up with grab, tech chase like a boss, do some of eikelmann's up throw chain grab shenanigans (SO legit) and win. Falco is tough, but he's beatable. Just don't let him shine you.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Alright, time to talk about my experience at The Fall Classic for a moment. My first match in tournament was against a relatively new Fox player that wasn't too much of a challenge for me to tackle. The next round of my pool I had to play Chaddd and we decided to play a Ganon ditto: http://www.twitch.tv/smashstudios/v/15676836?t=2h43m55s. The first game I felt like I did pretty alright, getting in some nice combos and edgeguards but with the stage being really small and Chadd using his fair really well to cover a lot of space I got hit off stage a lot and died. The second game on Dreamland definitely wasn't as good and made me think that it probably would have been better to CP Chaddd to FoD or BF for the second game. I'm aware of a lot of mistakes that I made, but if you guys want to point out things I did wrong and that I should work on, let me know. Chaddd told me after the set that he thinks I should do more retreating instant upairs in neutral more, and is builds a really nice wall that the other Ganon can have a really hard time getting around.

After losing to Chadd I played drug, a pretty solid Samus main from what I could tell, where the set went down to game 3 last stock. I had not played a samus in tournament in a really really long time, but I felt confident that I knew what to do in the matchup so I'm glad I was able to clutch it out in the end. He had his buddies next to him cheering him on every time he took one of my stocks, so I also got to experience what it feels like when you have no one cheering for you and there are other people cheering for your opponent. It definitely can be a mental barrier if you don't have enough mental fortitude.

Shortly after beating the Samus main I had to play GATO, a solid and aggressive Marth main from the Raleigh area who I have fought two times before. The first time I fought him was back in late March of this year. I beat him there, but then just the weekend before TFC at the Duke tournament I fought GATO again and got bopped, so I went into this match half expecting to be challenged and half ready to play my best: http://www.twitch.tv/smashstudios/v/15676836?t=3h36m12s. The first game was pretty rough, as GATO had control pretty much the entire match. Then the second match on Yoshi's he had control again at the start and then over the match I ended up taking control and finishing it. The third game I had all of the momentum and took a huge lead and control, and kept that lead all the way until I won. It was pretty satisfying to know that I still had it vs solid Marth players.

My last tournament match had me vs Chaddd once again, but this time he played his current main Falco: http://www.twitch.tv/kneedeepgaming/v/15684222?t=3h1m38s. After getting destroyed by cookie-cutter, bread & butter Falco tactics, Chadd told me that Falco is one of the main reasons he stopped trying to only main Ganondorf. I even brought up how Linguini does vs Falcos and he says that as incredible as Linguini was vs Falcos, he still had to make a lot of hard constant reads just in order to keep up with Falco. This experience pretty much solidified that working on a Marth secondary for both the Sheik and Falco matchup would probably be beneficial in the long run.

After I was out of the tournament, I played a lot more friendlies with Sheiks and Falcos with my Marth to learn more about what to do in each matchup. I even played Chaddd a lot more in friendlies so that we could discuss a bit more about the game. On Sunday I played more friendlies with people and Chadd a bit as well, and just before Chadd left I wanted to play one final match vs him where I would go Ganon vs his Fox on Yoshi's. I almost won that game and I played really well to top it off. I was literally one dair hit away from clutching out the game, and after we were done he said that the match we just played was really good, so that boosted my confidence in play Ganon vs Foxes.

I'm definitely still wanting to play Ganon first against Falco and Sheik to see how I do, but if those matchups prove to be too much for me then switching to Marth would definitely give me more to work with. I hope by Genesis 3 that my Marth will be a very commendable secondary.

Top Bottom