• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Haha I didn't really mean it'll be hype because of the money, moreso the match itself. Me and Mikeyy always have hype sets. We had a money match before, my Bowser his Fox. I almost won too!

tm

Smash Ace
All the cool kids are going to big house. FAKKU double dorf memery inc. I think I'm due for a nice win at a national too. . . gotta grind tho

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Decided to mess around with Ganon more at the ledge. Found out that you can wavedash or waveland off the edge and immediately bair and then double jump back to the ledge to grap it. It's a pretty tight window to get it, and I hadn't tried it on actually hitting an opponent, but it's totally doable. Makes Ganon's ledge game a little bit more complex and better if you ask me, more stuff he can do. I've been busting balls trying to get my waveland edgeguarding game down.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
I've become so involved in social media and other affairs that I can't really discuss the real issues that are at hand in my life without possibly starting some sort of commotion.

If I post something in the blog section on my account and share it here, will you guys check it out and reply?

I feel as if this is the closest thing that I have to a save-haven now, and that you guys are really the only people that I can trust to not be ****ing morons.

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I've become so involved in social media and other affairs that I can't really discuss the real issues that are at hand in my life without possibly starting some sort of commotion.

If I post something in the blog section on my account and share it here, will you guys check it out and reply?

I feel as if this is the closest thing that I have to a save-haven now, and that you guys are really the only people that I can trust to not be ****ing morons.
If you need someone to not be a ****ing moron I can try but I can't guarantee success

But for real, yeah man. If you have real issues to discuss I'm sure I speak for us all when I say I'll be here to help out.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Post the link, I'll check it out.

List of ganons going to big house (please add / remove as necessary):

Me
Spidey
Coast
Tm
Bizz
Grim
Locke
Ian
VegiLohrd
TheMentaculus
NickNasty
Kage
Tipman (?)

Last edited:

rotgut

Smash Rookie
My roommate is a Marth and I always had trouble beating him. Then (Because of Psuedoturtle's advice) I started spacing more and used retreating f-airs and u-airs and began beating him. He caught on and just grab-outta-shields me whenever I'm doing retreating aerials. Do I just need to be more consistent at cancelling when I land or is there something else?

NickNasty

Smash Cadet
My roommate is a Marth and I always had trouble beating him. Then (Because of Psuedoturtle's advice) I started spacing more and used retreating f-airs and u-airs and began beating him. He caught on and just grab-outta-shields me whenever I'm doing retreating aerials. Do I just need to be more consistent at cancelling when I land or is there something else?
Well l-cancelling is one thing, but once you've got that just space them out a little more. It's one thing I've been trying to work hard on and get better at, but getting grabbed out of shield can be pretty frustrating. If you're trying to retreating fair, try to get the farthest hit box on the punch so if it does connect with a shield, you're pretty safe in terms of a shield grab or any real quick oos option.

probably around frame 18-19 would be the "sweet spot". But L-cancelling is priority one. If you hit shield and do not cancel it, 99% of the time it'll result in a shield grab or a tipper.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
i try to make it happen every year and it never does

dave joe and jason all bailed on me at evo lolll
At that point I had either been waiting forever to play dart's marth or I had a tourney match to play soon, I can't remember. I literally only played ONE MATCH outside of tournament, lmao. It's so easy to get matches if you're well known, if not, no one cares, like it's 06 or something loool.

On a completely random note, I have had some IRL instances/experiences lately that I believe have helped me with smash.

1). Developing a strong understanding of the effects of a junkie on flakka (as well as the limit of the depth/severity of their hallucinations) has helped me to learn to expect anything and to more fully respect my opponent's fastest possible approach.

2. Watching people get tazed in the front courtyard has further encouraged my goal to maximize punishment for my opponent, as well as increased my attention to audible cues. I also realize once again why wobbling is a controversial topic.

3. Getting asked for a cigarette (or many other random items) by people I don't know every day has made it so that I am MUCH less likely to fall for textbook baits. Fake bags of drugs (salty are we?), as well as local hookers reinforce this lesson.

4. Neighbors calling the cops on each other all day and night serves as a good reminder that people often listen when you give up information, which is one of the great things about the G boards, and brushes on one of the finer aspects of (bait and punish) neutral game. It also illustrates the importance of having good TO's.

5) Random gunshots in the middle of the night have increased my reaction time significantly.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Do we spam plat drop (or shield drop) to immediate dj wL down back onto the platform enough? It's very common and useful for punishing ledge options, but I'm thinking about as a neutral game bait. Seems somewhat underused.

Last edited:

Linguini

Smash Master
LOL dayve. That is the real n!gga way to train how to wreck ******* with ganon.

btw griceon we need to freestyle doob sesh...was training with dop & dwayne while crunk the other day

Top Bottom