• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
@ RedmanSSBM RedmanSSBM thanks for the analysis man. I was definitely making a ton of mistakes. Too many aerials on shield, not being aware of DI and tech patterns, useless movement, being too aggro when in the lead. I get too caught up on one strategy sometimes.

Which shouldn't happen, especially against Azzu, who I play every week.

And I was definitely on tilt after the phantom fair. **** YOU PHANTOM FAIR.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
@ -ACE- -ACE- Freaking Eli. lol, when I beat him he used to get super salty and brag about his training with Emilio; I miss that dude and his fro. lol Btw, hmu if you're down to chill but I have to be home by 10 (work johns)

Also, EVO MM? Kage and I already agreed to the 7 year $20 bet. lol Accepting all challengers. Protip: I'm pretty damn good at Ganon dittos.

Last edited:

RazeriaN

Smash Cadet
I'm idk man. The input delay is pretty horrendous. I'd have to play extremely basically and not at all like I would on a CRT. I guess I could try it again but I'll have to approach it totally differently.
Better than playing with a CPU. I'd rather play on Netplay with 140 ping than VS the CPU.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah @ spider_sense spider_sense I need to ftilt more vs eli and practice pivots more. He's always ready for a spammed/misread aerial. Just gotta wall him out better.

Edit: I'm always down for MM's you know that

Last edited:

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Yeah, he's very good at the match up but he's definitely winnable. He may go toe to toe with Linguini but he hasn't met the true Ace. That mm was for anyone going to evo. lol I'd mm you Ace but is has to be the "Big Mac" challenge.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
@ -ACE- -ACE- thanks man. Yea its awesome and really hard to do even after lots of practice.

And yea purple killer, what ace said about the removing the moonwalk. I was doing it some in tournament and friendlies today and dropping through with a bair after the Waveland. I find it works best when your opponent is waiting on the platform when you're on the ledge. They expect a ledge dash / ledge hop and usually punish. Imagine their surprise when you end up behind them in a heartbeat.

Sick stuff.

@ spider_sense spider_sense this is faster. Same application, but (I think) harder for your opponent to get used to.
I ****ing can't figure it out. Players around here somehow always catch me when I try that. It's usually a janky mistake. Regional differences are real. Guess I just need to be better at mixing it up.

I like your idea of rld to uair on platform and Waveland off. The latter looks like a great edge guard mixup in some mus. I was thinking, you should try using your rld to platform tech with the upper platform on bf. Waveland off lower platform double jump prefect land top platform into 1 frame shield drop fast fall into whatever. Imagine how fast you could suddenly control the center with that supposing your opponent is trying to keep you on the ledge.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah, he's very good at the match up but he's definitely winnable. He may go toe to toe with Linguini but he hasn't met the true Ace. That mm was for anyone going to evo. lol I'd mm you Ace but is has to be the "Big Mac" challenge.
Big Mac challenge? Good thing I just rolled a jat foint. I'll hit you up in a few

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Also I finally got to see me vs tipman, my DI was atrocious. That might be the first thing that goes when I drink like a 6 pack and chief before every vs tourney LOL. In dittos at low%, unless you are near the ledge, DI fairs AWAY or get bodied.

Linguini

Smash Master
Don't get twisted, eli is prob the best falcon vs ganondorf lol, even though I body him ;). He's my apprentice...he plays like me but with falcon.

Ended up dipping early from the tourney last week. Went mainly for doubles but Blea gelo is a lil ***** and teamed with colbol instead and they got bodied trolol

I'll be back down south by the end of july, so expect me to start playing a bit more

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
^ This is a really good idea. Edward 40 hands with smash... somehow

One more thing: you can do the pseudo dash on yoshi's too. The timing is a little bit easier, and if you hold forward on the control stick after doing it, you can fair / bair. Very easy way to get center stage control.

Linguini

Smash Master
lol...go to hell freeian...

N!ggas need to show some more repect for the og's...i'm feeling like cranky kong everytime I try to go to an event...

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
those grabs for the first 10 seconds of set 1? looking like 20GX, er, 420XX :^)
honestly my tech chase game is normally pretty solid. it's pretty easy vs falcon. but i ****ed it up at the end super hard ):

Dreamland tho?
I hate that MU, don't know how you did that well.
the matchup is very close to even i think. i'm going to do my best to prove it.

also i took him to dl because he banned yoshis, he's good on fountain, and i didn't think to see if he'd want to go back to bf lol

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
A couple things I noticed: I'd like to see you up air more for edge guarding. You could've had that second game if you ended that last edge guard with an up air.

Also, I think your tech chase game could be improved. Not necessarily the reads on techs- those were good. But the choice on punishes I think could've been better. For example, that first combo you had on him on dream land was amazing... But you ended with a bair, which pushed him away. I would've down smashed because it would have covered it and kept up the combo.

Not trying to diss your play lol, that was an overall amazing set.

Last edited:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
A couple things I noticed: I'd like to see you up air more for edge guarding. You could've had that second game if you ended that last edge guard with an up air.

Also, I think your tech chase game could be improved. Not necessarily the reads on techs- those were good. But the choice on punishes I think could've been better. For example, that first combo you had on him on dream land was amazing... But you ended with a bair, which pushed him away. I would've down smashed because it would have covered it and kept up the combo.

Not trying to diss your play lol, that was an overall amazing set.
thank you. keep it coming guys.

guys, even if you're lurking, you watch my set, and you happen to see something that hasn't been covered yet, speak up.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Definitely good overall play vs ghatzu. I'll critique if I have time later.

Edit: you had that set won 3-4 times and didn't take the opportunity lol. Nerves from wanting the win so bad I assume.

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
yo @ PseudoTurtle PseudoTurtle , for the RLD to waveland on side platform, would you know why im getting no impact landings? i can get the height but the game keeps making me sit in shield when i do it.

and please dont tell me i need to jump faster from the rld or else im gonna be really sad LOL.

l m a o, right after i post this i start doing it consistently. gonna **** around with this and see if i can find anything viable.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Tried that **** like 20 times last night at porkchops' place, no avail. I landed on the platform once. Lots of RLD to airdodge under the platform lol.

twitch.tv/vsgc
7-8pm

Coastward

Smash Lord
someone tell me if im stupid but, do you guys think edgeguarding falcon and ganon with grounded down-b would be a reasonable option?

their recoveries are ass, so it'd be easy to hit.

i'm really ****ing bored right now and im just ****ing around with **** LOL

Top Bottom