• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Coastward

Smash Lord
was looking over the analysis @ RedmanSSBM RedmanSSBM did for one of my matches and i forgot that i did this

anyone ever try to pivot ledge grab and then ledgedrop uair? seems like it can be a good way to catch someone offguard and get a free kill.

FROST :)

Smash Cadet
was looking over the analysis @ RedmanSSBM RedmanSSBM did for one of my matches and i forgot that i did this

anyone ever try to pivot ledge grab and then ledgedrop uair? seems like it can be a good way to catch someone offguard and get a free kill.
It kinda sucks that you've dropped so many edge guards. It just seemed like you were letting him get on stage :<. He also kinda read you that second game, you wouldn't stop rolling behind him in G1 , he adapted to that in G2. I'm pretty sure you've realized all that I've just said yourself tho.

tm

Smash Ace

Pivot ledge grab is a one-frame window at specific spacings, and a 0 frame window at some. Just fyi, you're probably better off grabbing ledge another way.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Pivot ledge grab is a one-frame window at specific spacings, and a 0 frame window at some. Just fyi, you're probably better off grabbing ledge another way.
For sure, empty shff perfect wL to moonwalk ff is what I like.

Last edited:

LightKaizo

Smash Rookie
I have a video here to critique if anyone is interested
It would be great if you could add this to your critique queue @ RedmanSSBM RedmanSSBM
Its a first to five, I'm the blue Ganon.

EDIT:Sorry for the s*** quality. someone wanted to try and render the video differently and it didn't work out well

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Yes, that's a PC drop. On a certain frame in your dash dance near the edge, you can drop down and grab the edge. It has to be frame and pixel perfect or some ****, so it's really hard to do.

All that the falcon did was knee instead of grabbing the ledge- this technique has been known for 10+ years now.

Coastward

Smash Lord
got 7th at the bar weekly, got eliminated by unknown and @ n0ne n0ne .

sent weonx to losers though rofl. seems like im only losing to the top top players now, so i just gotta polish up my play.

also warlock punched n0ne too haha

tm

Smash Ace
Yes, that's a PC drop. On a certain frame in your dash dance near the edge, you can drop down and grab the edge. It has to be frame and pixel perfect or some ****, so it's really hard to do.

All that the falcon did was knee instead of grabbing the ledge- this technique has been known for 10+ years now.
Generally PC drop refers to dropping from a turnaround out of walk, so walk -> turnaround -> drop, or walk -> smash turn -> drop.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Got fifth at my local! Won some money too. Lost to hindawg ****ing again. That's 1-3 now. At least I beat sago again. Someone teach me the falco matchup, that **** is so dumb.

I'm gonna have a lot of matches to show you guys.

Last edited:

YvngFlameHoe

Smash Ace
I was practicing CG's in the hyperbolic time chamber, and I wanted to know, does hitting them before you downthrow them, make it easier to regrab them?

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I was practicing CG's in the hyperbolic time chamber, and I wanted to know, does hitting them before you downthrow them, make it easier to regrab them?
When you pummel, you add damage, so yeah the regrab will be easier. Just don't let them break out of the grab. Which cg are you practicing (character)?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
That's getting into the heavier chars/harder cg's. You have to delay your dash until the dthrow animation is up, and then the dash + jc grab has to come out faster than greased lightning. If you stare directly at Ganon, and just monitor your opponent's DI with your peripheral vision only, you'll be able to react as soon as the dthrow animation ends. That's what I do and I've been recommending it for years.

Last edited:

YvngFlameHoe

Smash Ace
That's getting into the heavier chars/harder cg's. You have to delay your dash until the dthrow animation is up, and then the dash + jc grab has to come out faster than greased lightning. If you stare directly at Ganon, and just monitor your opponent's DI with your peripheral vision only, you'll be able to react as soon as the dthrow animation ends. That's what I do and I've been recommending it for years.
I feel like it gets easier to regrab em after 20%

HEADHNTR

Smash Rookie
Despite the thread name I assume this is the social thread.

Been reading up through the CG guides, matchup threads and whatnot. Now practicing as much tech as I can (Perfect wavelands, all sorts of l cancelling (when hitting opponents etc) and wavedashing and more platform wavelanding and stufffffffffffffffff)

I'm still ****, but i'm the only person in my area who mains Ganon

Top Bottom