• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Ace you can ignore me all you want whenever I say "I'm winning your color back" It's going to happen, you'll be playing default Ganon by the end of Friday night. Guaranteed. @Blea Gelo One condition: You have to bring that silver controller lol it's too godlike.
I will just get that Italian pipe cleaner (obviously I mean Blea, not luigi) drunk as a melee documentary noob that's pretending to act like he doesn't know who mango is, and then bop the living **** out of him. I'm going to torture his soul for eternity, fear not.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Back to Ganon. Does anybody know how to counter spacies that constantly spam retreating bairs? CC doesn't seem to really work if it's spaced right, the only thing I've some success with tilt and an equally spaced fair, but I'm trying to go in for more damage. Also, could someone put that gif on Ganon ASDI shield grabbing doubling shines. I need a visual so I can find a way around that bs. >:/

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
What Fox is running away and bair'ing? Lol this is the last thing we need. It's only a matter of time before he finds the B button! :mad:

spider_sense

Smash Champion
LOL @ -ACE- -ACE- I'm just trying not to get random out. I might have to use the street fighter strat and just hold down back and wait stay out of their range. I like Psuedo's idea, the only problem with that is that I'm left venerable during and after the side-b and in most instances the shine will blow me up.

Last edited:

Zigludo

Smash Journeyman
was really cool seeing Eikelmann (please switch your username back to English characters so I can tag you on my phone lol) at the EE weekly tonight!

don't get the chance to attend CFL events very often at all so I hope to see you at a VS soon! there's a monthly coming up, right?

Last edited:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
was really cool seeing Eikelmann (please switch your username back to English characters so I can tag you on my phone lol) at the EE weekly tonight!

don't get the chance to attend CFL events very often at all so I hope to see you at a VS soon! there's a monthly coming up, right?
pleasure meeting you. thank you for the kind words.

i'm unable to change my username back to latin alphabet because i don't have premium anymore iirc lol

yeah definitely don't. rip.

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Yo, so I've been practicing the RLD --> DJ --> waveland on platform and I'm getting pretty consistent at it from the right side of the stage. It's really ****ing hard lol.

Also, I forgot to mention this: side-b on Marth at zero can lead to dair and if you time it right, the dair will pop them back up, no matter which way they tech / miss tech (I think it's a 1 frame window though). It worked against Dart, so it should be legit. Try it out, ganons.

Last edited:

tm

Smash Ace
Also, I forgot to mention this: side-b on Marth at zero can lead to dair and if you time it right, the dair will pop them back up, no matter which way they tech / miss tech (I think it's a 1 frame window though). It worked against Dart, so it should be legit. Try it out, ganons.
What do you mean? Teching gives intangibility on frame 1 so you'd have to hit them before they hit the ground. I'm almost certain that they have to miss the tech to get launched back up. If you're right though, that's godlike

I know a couple of you wanted to see me play against somebody who is actually good, lol.

These are only friendlies, but I had a couple good ones against AG|Arc. The dude is crazy good. My tech still is not as flashy as it used to be, since I've been using mostly other characters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TlWZTsb4aO8#t=759
*impressed*

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I've done this before on accident, but didn't know it was a 1 frame window. Interesting... might have to try it on purpose again at some point.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Hello, don't know if these were found before (is there a compendium or something?) so I'm dumping some posts I did on a couple of FB groups....

Here is a list of smallest damage needed to knockdown with Ganon's fresh(not stale) u-air clean hit with no CC. Important to know as Ganon's u-air is a great OoS shield option(will not work on short chars like Fox). These are rounded up to the nearest integer. I wish I could format it better but I wanted to get it out there.

character % uair knocks down
  • Pichu 10
  • Jiggs 11
  • G&W 11
  • Kirby 12
  • Falco 13
  • Fox 13
  • Pika 13
  • Popo 14
  • Nana 14
  • Y.Link 14
  • Marth 14
  • Mewtwo 14
  • Roy 14
  • Zelda 15
  • Sheik 15
  • Ness 15
  • Peach 15
  • Doc Mario 16
  • Luigi 16
  • Mario 16
  • C.Falco 17
  • Link 17
  • Samus 17
  • Yoshi 17
  • Ganon 17
  • DK 18
  • Bowser 18
Same as before but now for Jabs. This is good for mixing up between tech and reset after d-throw. Percentages are much highed than I thought they would be:
character % Jab knocksdown
  • Pichu 33
  • Jiggs 34
  • G&W 34
  • Kirby 37
  • Fox 38
  • Falco 39
  • Pika 39
  • Y.Link 40
  • Mewtwo 40
  • Roy 40
  • Popo 41
  • Nana 41
  • Marth 41
  • Zelda 42
  • Sheik 42
  • Peach 42
  • Ness 43
  • Doc Mario 44
  • Luigi 44
  • Mario 44
  • C.Falco 45
  • Link 45
  • Yoshi 46
  • Samus 47
  • Ganon 47
  • DK 48
  • Bowser 49
I'm able to find more knockdown values if desired for other moves or stale slot.

Last edited:

Orah

Smash Cadet
Just need a quick clarification
As far as pivots go
With ganon u have to crouch before you f-smash, up f-tilt, jab, right?
Or can you do an attack out of an empty pivot (like Marth)?
Is there anyway to f-tilt or f-smash without crouching after the pivot without dash attacking.
I'm assuming that because of how slow Ganon's dd is that you have to crouch to prevent the dash attack from putting you in a bad position. Thanks.
Edit: Nvm I was wrong. gotta get back to the lab, peace.

Last edited:

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Listing of punishes possible by OoS aerials. The number on the right is the minimum number of frames of disadvantage suffered by the opponent in order to be punished by the given aerial:
aerial punishes
  • up -12
  • forward -20
  • back -16
  • down -22

For reference, shielding a single hit from Peach's dsmash puts her at -24. Some punishes are not viable given certain hitbox and hurtbox height differences (can't punish Fox OoS with U-Air)
Found this one last night. Don't know if it's in the official Ganon meta (I haven't visited SWF in years and I haven't played seriously for a long while).

Gerudo Dragon (forward-b) techchase option select:
Applies to Fox(hardest for some reason), Falco (very easy), C Falcon(haven't experimented much). Might need different timing per character.
Easiest scenario to apply: Down-throw near ledge, opponents back towards ledge.

After down throw, follow target's DI closely (you basically want to be touching the target but Ganon is still on center side). Forward-b towards center of stage at the same time as the target would land on tech.

Forward B should hit the following:
  • No tech
  • Tech in place
  • Tech towards center

Only way to escape if perfectly timed is to tech towards ledge. Harder for me to land if target DIs behind Ganon after dthrow.Sorry if this is all old knowledge. I'm working on more stuff which I think it's very exciting.

Last edited:

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Just need a quick clarification
As far as pivots go
With ganon u have to crouch before you f-smash, up f-tilt, jab, right?
Or can you do an attack out of an empty pivot (like Marth)?
Is there anyway to f-tilt or f-smash without crouching after the pivot without dash attacking.
I'm assuming that because of how slow Ganon's dd is that you have to crouch to prevent the dash attack from putting you in a bad position. Thanks.
I think it's all dependent on the speed and distance at which you bring the control stick after the pivot. After empty pivoting, you have to move the control stick just slightly enough so that the game registers it as an ftilt. Move it too far too fast, you'll dash right before you hit A, which is why dash attack comes out.

It's easier to pivot jab and pivot grab since you only have to hit either A or Z after the pivot, eliminating the need to mess with inputting a direction.

Pivot smash attacks are easier since you can use the c-stick.

Everyone was talking about this a little while ago - someone correct me if I'm wrong.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Sorry if this is all old knowledge. I'm working on more stuff which I think it's very exciting.
A lot of what you're saying is actually already up here on the Ganon boards. Locke made a thread with all the knockdown data, and ACE has a tech chasing thread that includes all the side-b stuff you're discussing and more. Not sure what you're talking about with FOD bair, though. That might be new.

Btw, you live in Boston? I'm in the Greater Boston area. Do you go to tournaments around here?

maximuspita

Smash Ace
I go to MDZ's weeklies when I get the chance. Probably about twice a month. Recently moved to MA and living in JP for the moment.

EDIT - Sorry for the reposting. I've not been active for a while and didn't know where to find stuff.

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
I go to MDZ's weeklies when I get the chance. Probably about twice a month. Recently moved to MA and living in JP for the moment.

EDIT - Sorry for the reposting. I've not been active for a while and didn't know where to find stuff.
Oh you mean Game Over, or it's new title "New Game"? I used to go to those a lot, but school/work have kept me away for some time. But one my semester ends, you'll see me there just about every week. What's your tag? There are pretty much no other Ganon mains in the area besides Crow, so whenever a potential Ganon main shows up I get excited lol.

Top Bottom