• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Renth

Smash Hero
It's not random though.. it's a DI trap because sometimes you have the option to reverse it. It's always much better to get multiple hits in than just getting one hit and trying to get in again after. You never want that as Ganon.. playing the spacing game is terrible because you have to make the hardest of reads.

I apologize for the confusion, i should have said "also, enjoy using it randomly" I wasn't referring to using it on floaties low percentage was random.

Last edited:

Linguini

Smash Master
Agree with ace. Uair is more reliable unless you have ar vision. Not to say nair is bad....it's just not that good. One uair more often than not leads into one or two more uairs at low %'s against peach.

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
I've been able to pull off dthrow sh uair into dj uair at low percentages vs peach. Not sure how di dependent this is though. I can just tell when I'll be able to get it.

Last edited:

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
Well if you're kage you have impeccable timing with nair. Anyonelse don't bother lol.

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
BH4 ganon so far:

Me
Eikelmann
Tm
PseudoTurtle

thats pretty good judging by how much time is still left. if you plan on regging, make sure you do it before friday so you get the cheapest venue charge.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
also is romulus the actual city or is it part of detroit? everytime i type it in to google it keeps showing me detroit

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Count Me In For Sure For Being At Big House 4, But I'm Not Sure About Housing. I'll Be In A Car With 3-4 Other Guys. Free Housing Would Be Amazing. Help A Brother Out?

Superspright

Smash Lord
Nair is almost always ****. I like to use the second hit once in a while to kill people because it's typically fresh; the first hit isn't much to talk about because it only does work when you have platforms. The move is bogus. It's a fraud. It's a cul-de-sac. It has no real value except in a few rare situations where it can extend a combo, or kill someone when fair/bair are very stale for some weird reason. It can also be used as a bait because no one knows it ACs so fast and it does go 0 on shield if you connect with both hits. It's just so jank. If people want to use it go ahead. Just know that it's very punishable when they know how it works, and has trash priority.

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
If I am guaranteed housing somehow I'll go to bh4. I got the dough for the gas, venue and all that.

As for Nair....idk I think it's an underused option that's more than a combo extender. The first hit is prefect for popping someone straight up onto a platform, where making a follow up is far easier. It just seems to be somewhat tricky to use in the neutral game. Aside from doing it off of dthrow depending on di and the character, you can sneak the first hit of it in if you do a full hop uair/bair to uair/nair in a single jump.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Nair through a shield into jab on a shield though... that pressure.

EDIT: CONFIRMED FOR BIG HOUSE 4. PREPARE FOR THE GANON INVASION.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
First hit of nair puts low% semi-floaties on platforms when uair won't, so you can get a free techchase and extend combos....

But that's basically it.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

Juggleguy says he is down to do a Ganondorf Exhibition on stream if it means Kage, Bizzaroflame, Trail and 1 other solid Ganondorf player is coming and is willing to participate (I'm thinking Eikelmann for 4th spot). So essentially, if we can get Bizzaro Flame to be on board to go to BH4, then he said he can make this an official event at BH4.

Someone contact Bizzaro and ask him what he thinks!

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Update: I talked to Bizzaro on Facebook just now and he said he's definitely interested! He told me he'd be looking at flight prices and probably fully confirm by tomorrow.

This Is Really Happening.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
kage is also going. inb4 i outplace him.
You're funny, someone needs a reality check.

Nair is almost always ****. I like to use the second hit once in a while to kill people because it's typically fresh; the first hit isn't much to talk about because it only does work when you have platforms. The move is bogus. It's a fraud. It's a cul-de-sac. It has no real value except in a few rare situations where it can extend a combo, or kill someone when fair/bair are very stale for some weird reason. It can also be used as a bait because no one knows it ACs so fast and it does go 0 on shield if you connect with both hits. It's just so jank. If people want to use it go ahead. Just know that it's very punishable when they know how it works, and has trash priority.
Lol, you're telling me how to use Nair? Well.. I suppose all I can do is show you the light because it's most definitely not **** at all. You can combo things like downsmash into nair, techchase on platform to downair -> fair into easy edgeguard.. now isn't that what you want as Ganon? Super quick kills?

Last edited:

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
well we have at least established down throw into nair into follow up on marth on low percents can get both hits. And isn't it not bad for shield pressure below someone since it has 2 hits? They would be on a platform

Last edited:

Superspright

Smash Lord
You're funny, someone needs a reality check.

Lol, you're telling me how to use Nair? Well.. I suppose all I can do is show you the light because it's most definitely not **** at all. You can combo things like downsmash into nair, techchase on platform to downair -> fair into easy edgeguard.. now isn't that what you want as Ganon? Super quick kills?
Sure, but that seems unlikely. Even with the best spacing I don't think you can do much from a neutral position like that. Grab isn't faster than theirs. Downsmash should probably be followed up with uair or fair and then just edge-guard anyway...Dsmash is a pretty slick option to pull off in the neutral. Maybe if you have port priority nair is strictly good if you have godlike timing. Which I am sure we all do. But seriously, if you demonstrate some new technology with it then go for it. I haven't really been able to make the move work that well for me. It just sucks.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
You're right kage. That one situational example you gave negates everything negative about nair, lmao. How about something else aside from what I stated in my previous post?

well we have at least established down throw into nair into follow up on marth on low percents can get both hits. And isn't it not bad for shield pressure below someone since it has 2 hits? They would be on a platform
FUCK trying to get both hits of nair. You can actually PRESSURE someone after a uair. hit them with both hits of nair and you've almost reset the game back to neutral. Damage means so little. The second hit of nair is BEYOND TRASH. If someone is on a platform, jump, waveland, and grab them. or pressure them with something that will keep you in a non-disadvantageous position. nair shield pressure is more than situational.

MosthatedinNC

Dorsey
What can I say, ACE has clearly benefited from my expertise

That bowser avatar is from paper mario for gamecube isn't it? haha

Top Bottom