• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I got bodied by plup(i'm convinced sheik/ganon in 2016 is impossible). He doesn't miss chaingrabs, and sheik can get out of ganon's cg much more easily.
I'm convinced the matchup is actually 70/30 in Sheik's favor. It's ridiculous. I'm learning Marth for the Sheik matchup and I find I have a lot more control.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Yeah I felt like something was fishy when Clay went to FoD a second time even though he won on the first one. Pretty sure MDSR states that any stage you won on, you cannot counterpick back to unless agreed upon by the opponent.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I thought we knew already that Sheik at the top level is too ridiculous for Ganon but until then you can be usually fine vs high level Sheiks. That's why I'm never taking Ganon vs M2k again.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah I felt like something was fishy when Clay went to FoD a second time even though he won on the first one. Pretty sure MDSR states that any stage you won on, you cannot counterpick back to unless agreed upon by the opponent.
Yeah, pretty sure that wasn't legit at all LOL.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
LOL when me and saucy tho sat down to play porkchops and Plup, I looked at them and said "damn, I didn't know they started amateur bracket already!" They ****ing died laughing. Clays like "I ****ing love you Dave" and after they 2-0'd us I gave Justin a fist bump and said "yo... Sick Fox. You must have heard how good I am against sheik" never seen Plup laugh so hard lmao.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I'm convinced the matchup is actually 70/30 in Sheik's favor. It's ridiculous. I'm learning Marth for the Sheik matchup and I find I have a lot more control.
Prob 80-20. They say peach vs ics is 70-30 and that still occasionally gets won at high level... you don't see ganons beating shroomed / plup / m2k etc. But I suppose that's just semantics at that point. Matchup sucks balls.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
^ you're going to regret that

i treat sheik players like mushrooms. feed em **** and keep em in the dark.

Last edited:

Diosama

Stand User
goml is tomorrow my dudes. hbox is on the other side of my bracket, and I gotta play tranimal (sheik player from mtl) in round 2. Looks like a loser's bracket struggle for me. Should be smooth sailing for the warrior, so we'll have some ganon in top 96 fo sho

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Get that tomahawk chaingrab to death down buddy, body that shiek.
**** yeah. Space bair dangerously well, use different aerial baits, and pay attention to her habits:

Dash attack
Run in and shield
Run in and grab
Jab habits (ASDI grab)
Ftilt habits (asdi grab, proper DI... Pay attention to percent)
Aerial habits (free uair)

Shield needles! Percent means a lot!

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Study tranimal. Definitely helps. And what you learn will be more valuable than any last minute practice you do.

If you haven't already, you aren't going to perfect the chaingrab in the next 24. So I'd figure out what percents you can get it consistently asap so you know what to go for. And even if you think you know, test yourself anyway just to be sure.

Coastward

Smash Lord
got 9th at a weekly with a bunch of out of region talent, i lost to ****ing dunk today :(

improved on my neutral a ton, gotta work on my techchases now. i wish we had reaction techchases :(

when do you guys think i should be throwing out dash attack in neutral, as well as dair? i was experimenting with that stuff today and i didnt know exactly when i should just dair. im gonna try it out more in situations with like approaching falcons and foxes, but are there any solid situations for it?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
True he won't learn the cg overnight, but remember you can TECHNICALLY not dash jc grab right cover DI behind up until 44% (those with 20XX can probably prove it's more), but if you don't grab at the right time, you can miss on certain frames due to her tumble animation. TM got me to start backdash +jc grabbing around 30 instead, and I like that, at least with my controllers that can backdash well. But if you're winging it, just turnaround grab until 44. GREAT chance you'll get the regrab. GL bro.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
got 9th at a weekly with a bunch of out of region talent, i lost to ****ing dunk today :(

improved on my neutral a ton, gotta work on my techchases now. i wish we had reaction techchases :(

when do you guys think i should be throwing out dash attack in neutral, as well as dair? i was experimenting with that stuff today and i didnt know exactly when i should just dair. im gonna try it out more in situations with like approaching falcons and foxes, but are there any solid situations for it?
3 weeks and 2 days it took ya to come back? Couldn't even last a month without the big man.

dash attack when you think the Fox or Falcon is dash dancing and won't expect you to suddenly try to get into his space. You have to be wise to when to use it in neutral, but it really helps you to get out of those tight corners, especially when you see an opening and the opponent isn't building a strong enough wall. Dair can be full hopped to cover them being on the ground, but you can also retreating dair to cover a Fox or falcon trying to come below you.

Coastward

Smash Lord
i was legit fiending to play for weeeeeks. every time i come back from a break i feel like a better player. i just hope i dont get chaingrabbed out of bracket this weekend.

F. Stein

Smash Journeyman
The mark of a true Ganon main, ditches a spacey and always comes back. lol

Anywho, Ian is coming up to a tournament up in the boonies where I live :U pretty stoked to subject everyone to Ganon rule. He's going to verse me up in dittos. I probably will have to play a ditto with the Ganon that lives 6 hours away on the other side of my state lol. I'm decent at the ditto chaingrab now but what should I do after it? not like the big man dies at 55%.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
End the ditto cg with uair/bair and pressure immediately. You might put them on a platform, or high into the air if they survival DI so you can hit them again. I kinda like ftilt for DI behind too, I think it can surprise them if they're expecting an aerial.

Oldiz

Smash Apprentice
Isn't straight up DI sheiks fastest option out of the cg? If so upsmash would cover that pretty solidly, and sets up for some juggles. And you really want to be below sheik.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Not sure if dthrow has enough stun around 60 when they jump out (unless you're perfect) to hit. Definitely works around 80ish tho. And I think the best way to get out on either side of the mu is to switch between slight forward and slight back, making it so the person chaingrabbing has trouble picking a direction.

Last edited:

Oldiz

Smash Apprentice
Never ;_;
But why does ganons never use side b for techchases like falcon? Especially vs fox who has short rolls.

Top Bottom