• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Should be fun. Idk if he knows the matchup, but I couldn't find him vs any ganon on youtube. Regardless, I can win if I play well, so I'm looking forward to it.

I should make it out regardless unless I'm playing terribly or there are 2 strong players in that pool that I haven't heard of.
can confirm that he's not bad vs ganondorf. it'll be very hard.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
In North Dakota I was given a new Black one. That was the controller I had when I started playing the game. Kage of old will return! ;)
Dude I just got one in the mail myself. I honestly cannot believe the amount of people that say sm4sh controllers suck at shield drops. Yet another one I've encountered that works fine on both sides. Aside from bad triggers they are legit controllers for an insanely good price.

Waldoring

Smash Cadet
I just got one of the black ones you linked, the one I got is great for everything except really slight analog stick inputs. Doing shield drops without the setup, turnaround up B's as Mewtwo/Pikachu/etc., or pivot tilts are much harder than on my old controller. Pivots themselves are a bit easier, as is most waveland tech. The L/R springs seem much weaker, but they still work fine.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I just got one of the black ones you linked, the one I got is great for everything except really slight analog stick inputs. Doing shield drops without the setup, turnaround up B's as Mewtwo/Pikachu/etc., or pivot tilts are much harder than on my old controller. Pivots themselves are a bit easier, as is most waveland tech. The L/R springs seem much weaker, but they still work fine.
They can be slightly less sensitive for dash inputs I agree. Triggers less springy though? Damn. In my experience they're always slightly more springy, but it's the final press that's clunky and takes more force imo.

Waldoring

Smash Cadet
They can be slightly less sensitive for dash inputs I agree. Triggers less springy though? Damn. In my experience they're always slightly more springy, but it's the final press that's clunky and takes more force imo.
I've Frankenstein'd my old controller a lot; the guts, cord, and shell are from three different controllers. Dash inputs are really easy-- too easy on the new one, though. Makes slight inputs pretty hard.

WoK_a^2

Smash Rookie
So I got double eliminated by two shieks at my weekly today, Beach who is(was?) pr'd and then heartstrings. not that upset with how I played, got one really solid chaingrab punish on each of them. but i'm a scrub and couldn't finish them with fsmashes and got tilts instead oops.

Then i played friendlies with this scrub shiek that beat me two weeks ago in bracket and was winning almost every if not every game. feels good man

Oldiz

Smash Apprentice
Can you SDI falco lasers up when hit while grounded, SDI up then immediately waveland would be sexy.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Speaking of controllers, where do you buy new ones? My old one is almost ko'd
These are the deals that don't go away

Sm4sh black
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00O9...controller&dpPl=1&dpID=518Z8rDdJEL&ref=plSrch

Sm4sh white
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00O9...Y340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=GameCube+controller

I linked a great deal on ebay (sm4sh black) but the guy recently doubled the shipping cost.

Here's that
http://m.ebay.com/itm/New-Official-...cube-WiiU-Controller-/401092970091?nav=SEARCH

Auction for 2 official Nintendo old school ones (one black one purple), both could be fine, but most likely you could Frankenstein them and make one really good one.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/2-Nintendo-GameCube-Brand-Controllers-/172145935703?nav=SEARCH

EBay has insane deals sometimes. The good ones are gone quickly. The orange one I got is pretty good for pivots (they go for about $30, but I got mine mad cheap lol), but my silver ones are pretty good too. I just look for 99-100% rated sellers in the US, zoom in on the pic and make sure the sticks look new, and look for the lowest price. A used controller by a non-smasher is often brand new in my book.

If you get one and it blows like the wind on Dreamland, just bring it to my place and I'll hook you up. I'll either replace a part or hook you up with a good one cheap.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yo **** Marth, Doc is going to be my fd spacies trap character. Chaingrab and edgeguarding is too easy. Not to mention **** jiggs LOL

I don't even mean as a true secondary really, just a "**** you" secondary when someone has my number.

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
My Jiggs is my second best character at this point. (It couldn't be helped, I'm just naturally better with her than falco) Her fundamentals transfer over from Ganon really well. And things like tomahawks work similarly. Soon, she will be my "**** Sheik" and "**** you for banning yoshi's, DL puff, *****" character

Last edited:

Linguini

Smash Master
yo thanks dayve, you my n!gga

Btw pseudo you should've went to vs!

I did play pretty average in those vids, def rusty after a 1 month hiatus. Gonna be playing more and hitting up tournies soon so stay posted for some cheezus sightings

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I also think you're crazy for going doc, ace. Just play Marth fd but swag out with your Ganon influenced Marth
I AM crazy. And I WILL swag out.

Doc is honestly fun af and the most untapped character that's actually worth a **** imo. Ppl are better at the marth matchup too. But I'll be going Ganon almost exclusively anyway.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Still on hiatus, but I'm going to take the time to devote an entire thread for beating sheiks. I seriously don't think that match up is a 80/20. I'm going to be known as a sheik slayer with Ganon, it's going to be extremely hard, but I'm down for the challenge. I bet we can make this happen guys. @tm and @-Ace you both are my go to guys, so I really need your help with any input. Btw Dave hmu whenever you get the chance.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Still on hiatus, but I'm going to take the time to devote an entire thread for beating sheiks. I seriously don't think that match up is a 80/20. I'm going to be known as a sheik slayer with Ganon, it's going to be extremely hard, but I'm down for the challenge. I bet we can make this happen guys. @tm and @-Ace you both are my go to guys, so I really need your help with any input. Btw Dave hmu whenever you get the chance.
We'll work on the chaingrab from 0% more.

After that you just need more patience. Get out of sheik's "I know exactly what to do lolz thiz iz eazy" range and force her to play some neutral. This doesn't mean sacrifice the whole stage, just give yourself slightly more space/time to see her habits. They all make mistakes in due time... sheik players generally suck at melee LOL

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
So I got double eliminated by two shieks at my weekly today, Beach who is(was?) pr'd and then heartstrings. not that upset with how I played, got one really solid chaingrab punish on each of them. but i'm a scrub and couldn't finish them with fsmashes and got tilts instead oops.

Then i played friendlies with this scrub shiek that beat me two weeks ago in bracket and was winning almost every if not every game. feels good man
Yo don't worry about it, sheiks feel good about beating Ganons even though it's like taking candy from a baby (probably not heartstrings, he's cool af. Beach was a **** to me at Evo until he found out porkchops was my friend/highly respected me LOL... then he's all friendly. Guy wouldn't leave porkchops alone lmao)

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Yo don't worry about it, sheiks feel good about beating Ganons even though it's like taking candy from a baby (probably not heartstrings, he's cool af. Beach was a **** to me at Evo until he found out porkchops was my friend/highly respected me LOL... then he's all friendly. Guy wouldn't leave porkchops alone lmao)
Yeah after Clay mollywhopped him; he was fuming until he realized he's actually a really solid player. Then the **** stroking contest began.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Melee players these days are whack like that. Everyone has their little ego and have a hard time accepting your true skill if they already have a notion they're "better" somehow. And then when you get good/well known, people will suck your **** without thinking twice.

Also on the topic of Sheik, I think DI is incredibly important if you want to be the average Sheiks. Many are not ready for diagonal combo DI and hitting techs while recovering. Against good Sheiks, it often doesn't matter. But having as many DI mixups as posible and using them intelligently gives you a better chance of getting out of a normally fatal combo. That can be the difference of a stock, a game, or a set.

Last edited:
Top Bottom