• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
watched the vid, meister. I liked what I saw in those first 2 stocks, but then things broke down. Your ganon reminds me of mine, with the way it moves around. I enjoyed it.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
haha so true kage. The first 5 ganon mains that come to mind all smoke weed. :chuckle:

Especially Tipman and I LOL
=) I'm rolling one as we speak right now lol.

As for angry inside.. My reasons could be like.. not choosing to do the right things and then I would get pissed at myself for a while for doing a mistake. I'm not sure about anyone else though.. they all have their own reasons probably =P.

Also next tourney we see, we have to do more double Ganon teams MM or just straight up Team up for a tournament. I don't know which one you wanna do that?

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Holy Shit, like, all of you smoke too? Dear god.......

If any of us are at tourney together, we gotta play some High Ganon matches.

Thanks Bl@ckChris. I'm a pretty technical player, i just love all those wavelands and moonwalks. Peach is my hardest matchup right now, I feel like I don't know what to do even though, I've read the guides on this boards and other stuff posted in this thread.

Manondorf

Smash Cadet
I've been lurking on here for bit now, but after seeing this line of discussion develop I just had to jump in. I've been play melee regularly for maybe a year now. Had played initially maybe years ago. I got introduced to high level play but a guy who's a regular chrontron ;p, and I must admit I partake of the green stuff myself every now any then. I immediately picked ganon to be my main and I've stuck with him since and I'm glad I did. Wouldn't even think of changing.

I'm 24 now, just shy of 25 in about 3 months. Age doesn't matter to me, I will become a great ganon and represent ganon's on the west coast, byaaaaaaaaah!

I'm also tall and angry inside ;p

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
All the top playing melee players down here in Houston are high in the finals. I know for a fact there is a correlation between it and their skills, because they absolutely get more technical and focus more when they are.

I would to if I didn't work in 2 pharmacies right now (I'd get my license permanently revoked....I think.) I've only gotten to do it once every 3 years, but last time I did I played phenominally better. Wish it was on cam.

BTW, I'm Clue, just changed my screen name cuz I was tired of all the "you're clueless" sh** talk.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lol you really changed your name because of that Clue?? Luckily for me, half the employees at the pharmacy I always worked at loved the green. It really cancels out tourney nerves.

duyzee

Smash Cadet
linguini- ive been playing alot of ganon recently..what is the best strategy against shiek
Not towards to me, but just my 2 cents. Space very well I suppose.. and just get those reads and punish em' with stomp/grab > missed tech fair. lulz. I guess you can space bairs for defense and fairs too.

Linguini

Smash Master
=) I'm rolling one as we speak right now lol.

As for angry inside.. My reasons could be like.. not choosing to do the right things and then I would get pissed at myself for a while for doing a mistake. I'm not sure about anyone else though.. they all have their own reasons probably =P.

Also next tourney we see, we have to do more double Ganon teams MM or just straight up Team up for a tournament. I don't know which one you wanna do that?
haha, i'm actually quite a laid back person. Ganon teams mm's for sure, gotta see what I'm doing for APEX though and if Hax and I are teaming up.
So does smoking make you better at Ganon?

I basically live in the weed capital of the US.
In some situations.....it really depends on the player. I usually get more creative but play all around worse since i'm less careful. At pound I smoked a lot and mm'd people and I won all of them lol. But I usually only smoke after all my tourney matches.
linguini- ive been playing alot of ganon recently..what is the best strategy against shiek
Chaingrab man, and make sure you edge guard correctly. Once you get her off the stage grab the ledge and hit her back off. Rinse and repeat my friend.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
me and ace do a lot of ganon/weed combinations as well. i play a lot of sheik v. ganon and i'm pretty good at not getting grabbed by ganon... i don't go for as many grabs as a regular sheik player because in the end it results in ganon having more grabs on me. So i camp platforms and avoid FD.

dart: just DI away for the most part.. maybe a little bit of up in it if need be.

Linguini

Smash Master
Ditto, I just get impatient and I don't know how to edge guard sheiks non to well, but haven't really seen you have much success.
I know the matchup pretty well, and from what ive seen you dont.:(

Dunno what your post was trying to say anyways, seeing as I haven't played seriously in 4 months.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I know the matchup pretty well, and from what ive seen you dont.:(

Dunno what your post was trying to say anyways, seeing as I haven't played seriously in 4 months.
lol How many sheiks do we even have in FL. One of them plays Brawl; I've beaten Dale before in sets just get impatient with how he doesn't approach. He's just been getting cocky with the overall matchup. Just wanna bring him down a peg or two, and I've been looking at vids of you playing him to see how I can handle certain situations, but when I see you lose it's like "****". lol So if you are sandbagging I'd say stop. :laugh: If you do I'll let smoke some fire **** I got coming my way. Free of charge.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
the chaingrab isn't quite that important. It's guaranteed and under-used, but most of it's effectiveness relies on the sheik not used to playing against a ganon that can CG well. When I play sheik I think of a ganon grab as insta death... so for the past year or so, i have played that match-up to not get grabbed.. which is what I have to do to win because a grab = death or +100%, or at least with what i'm used to.

i haven't seen any sheik v. ganon vids of seibrik that are within a year old(link me please!) but I've seen a few, including older ones of him v. guini, and I couldn't help but think that he didn't know the match-up too well at ALL. linguini didn't seem too great at it at the time either.. Just my opinion, although i've seen vids of some better sheik game from him.

ok so i just searched and found seibrik v. rockrock( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTfPgyPAAsg ). Not bad although rock was a lil off, but the big things that stick out to me are.. 1) many of his gimps could have been avoided by rockcrock sweetspotting or close to a sweetspot and 2) much of his success was due to stalling and making rock approach in a way he shouldn't have.

..that being said he doesn't give me the impression that he has GREAT ganon game. More so i'd say he's an annoying sheik for ganon, which is a good thing.. but lol and kage will get that money.

Top Bottom