• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Duel

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have a spare spot in their room for EVO? Still thinking of going, but I would rather not sleep on the floor? Will pay obviously.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
How are you guys so good at avoiding wobble setups?
Well I wasn't that good, whiffed too many aerials. I had gotten in frio's head in friendlies before the tournament so I think nerves got the best of him and he didn't take advantage of all the grab opportunities. That and I'm really good at mashing out at low%

tm

Smash Ace
There are too many ganons to do a ganon round robin efficiently lol.

Lol Dave, you're getting there. By the way, don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure there will be a stand at EVO for people to repair their joysticks. Gotta get my c-stick fixed, the rubber has been almost completely worn away from flicking up so much for those quick up airs.

By the way, I just realized something. It probably won't make much of a difference, but the true fastest way for ganon to run over to the ledge and grab it (i.e. you're on the left side of the stage and you want to edge hog the right side) is to dash, wavedash near the ledge, and then moonwalk onto it. Auto grab. Slightly quicker than wavedash, pivot, waveland on platform to edge hog.
Still slower than wavedash pivot drop tho
Maaaan. Wish I could have gotten some matches with the other Ganon's at FC. Placed 33rd. And I was second in my pool (westballz sucks). I ended up knocking Mundungu out as well after losing the first match, super happy about that.

@Moy and @ tm tm were the only other ones there, right?
Good **** dude. Heard you beat Tran as well. You're already better than me lol

Coastward

Smash Lord
combo video is now complete, should be up tomorrow.

i hope you guys like it, **** took me way longer than the other one i made lmaoo

Renth

Smash Hero
combo video is now complete, should be up tomorrow.

i hope you guys like it, **** took me way longer than the other one i made lmaoo

I ain't gonna let it get to me, I'm just gonna creep
Down in Pumpkin Hill, I gots to find my lost piece
I know that it's here, I can sense it in my feet
The great emerald's power allows me to feel
I can't see a thing, but it's around somewhere
I'm gonna hold my head 'cause I have no fear
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory
A ghost tried to approach me and he got leery
I ask him a question and he vanished in a second
I'm walking through valleys, cryin' pumpkins in the alley
Didn't seem happy, but they sure tried to get me
Had to back 'em up with the fist metal crack 'em
I'm hearin' someone sayin' you a chicken, don't be scared
It had to be the wind, 'cause nobody wasn't there
I search and I search as I climbed up the wall
And then I started to fly, I went in deeper

Let it get to me?, I'm just gonna creep
Down in Pumpkin Hill, I gots to find my lost piece
I know that it's here, I can sense it in my feet
The great emerald's power allows me to feel
I can't see a thing, but it's around somewhere
I'm gonna hold my head 'cause I have no fear
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory
A ghost tried to approach me and he got leery

This is Knuckles
I fear none
It's real deal when it comes to my name, kid

YvngFlameHoe

Smash Ace
Well I wasn't that good, whiffed too many aerials. I had gotten in frio's head in friendlies before the tournament so I think nerves got the best of him and he didn't take advantage of all the grab opportunities. That and I'm really good at mashing out at low%
And Frio is trash

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lol I 2-0'd him last time but it was a closer set. If he camps and doesn't **** up wobbles he's not free.

Also LOL at some of that commentary, they actin like I wouldn't body them/already have. frio wanted the button check not me lol

Last edited:

YvngFlameHoe

Smash Ace
I remember one time at 109 tower, they was talking **** about how he couldn't wobble xD #Free-O and I feel that 100, I hate how commentators put Ganon down -_- Red1 swear he live -_-

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
its not that the clips werent good, i just couldnt fit them all.

soon enough, when i have super amounts of time, i'll make a giant ****ing ganon combo video featuring everyone. literally every ganon LOL.

also, ****ing lost a tourney today because i SD'd twice on the last game of grand finals set 2 LOLLLLLL.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
its not that the clips werent good, i just couldnt fit them all.

soon enough, when i have super amounts of time, i'll make a giant ****ing ganon combo video featuring everyone. literally every ganon LOL.

also, ****ing lost a tourney today because i SD'd twice on the last game of grand finals set 2 LOLLLLLL.
Dude I sd bad LOL ****ing aerial side-b is my bane... I will own a cube one day. There are probably cobwebs on my melee disc.

Coastward

Smash Lord
Dude I sd bad LOL ****ing aerial side-b is my bane... I will own a cube one day. There are probably cobwebs on my melee disc.
i ****ed up 2 ledgedashes though :(

i gotta grind tech skill more i guess, i could feel how sloppy it was during the start of the bracket.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Yea coast, you missed my spot dodge punish to RLD stomp for 0-death.

Fakku :troll:

Lol but yea you obviously can't put everything. Good ****ing job on that video man.

Locke, duel, etc, I'm considering making a "deleted scenes" ganon combo video so everything else can be featured. Add me on fb and send me clips if you want.

I'll look at them when I'm sober lawl

And yo for the record, I warlock punch all the time. Half of them are unintentional.

Last edited:

Duel

Smash Apprentice
Alright so EVO fell through for me, no room johns, student loan johns, etc, but when I tune in this weekend i better see some good ganon play on stream, i'm looking at you guys Biz, Kage, Ace, Turtle, TM, etc :ganondorfmelee:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
20150717_074446.jpg
Caffiene, check. Morning beer, check. 2 hours sleep, check. No idea where the venue is despite knowing I am currently under the correct roof, check.

Finding green greens is not hard at all if you check the proper stage list. Easy cp here in Vegas lol.

Shoutouts to n0ne for realizing I'm Ace 15 minutes after I introduced myself as Ace LOL

Edit: we got views

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Good luck to all you homies at EVO! I don't main Ganon but I do play him, so I'll be cheering you guys on the whole way through.

Shoutouts to n0ne for realizing I'm Ace 15 minutes after I introduced myself as Ace LOL
LMFAO

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Made it to round 2 despite playing kinda scrubby imo. A few really sweet moments but I wasn't happy with my play overall. I need to pressure peach more intelligently and grab more. I can wall her out fine. Lol I need sleep

Edit: I had a few people in the crowd calling me lame for chaingrabbing SHEIK. saying it's banned in most tourneys Lmfao. Gotta love it.

Last edited:

Renth

Smash Hero
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Made it to round 2 despite playing kinda scrubby imo. A few really sweet moments but I wasn't happy with my play overall. I need to pressure peach more intelligently and grab more. I can wall her out fine. Lol I need sleep

Edit: I had a few people in the crowd calling me lame for chaingrabbing SHEIK. saying it's banned in most tourneys Lmfao. Gotta love it.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Top Bottom