• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Can anyone else do the pseudo :troll: dash yet?
I've managed to do it twice lol. I asked Tipman/Ace about it and he said that **** was extremely hard to do (and I agree lol) It's still a very cool tech though Pseudo; it just so technically demanding that I don't think it serves applicable uses (maybe it could be used to set up edge guards as the opponent is recovering) I'll give you a homework assignment Pseudo; Marth killer wavedash off the stage.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I can actually do it very consistently, but only from the right side of the stage. I find it works best on yoshis when your opponent is baiting out a ledge dash. RLD DJ Waveland fair / up air. Hits a lot. You can also bair if they're on the platform waiting to drop down with an aerial. AMAZING cross up and sets up for an edge guard at the high percents.

What do you mean, Spidey? Have marth hit you and then wavedash out of it?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Doesn't have to be Marth. Just the use of ASDI away to make you fall off the plat (like a poor man's sideways shield drop sorta).

Superspright

Smash Lord
I never really tried it because it's not that useful to me, but I'm sure with practice I could do it on command. I usually just do ledge-dash into moonwalk, then jump on the platform and waveland moonwalk back to ledge over and over again, but I never incorporated RLD into waveland on the platform before--it doesn't even seem situational honestly. Just cool though.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Well it definitely has uses.

-reverse pseudo dash (RPD? lol) to immediate dj uair/bair
-RPD to uair/bair, dj reverse wL offstage uair/bair (or dj uair/bair again)
-RPD to uair, dj to stage
-RLD to dj uair landing on the plat is legit
-pseudo dash to shield drop bair/wL/dj plat dash

It's just hard AF. You have to be so ****ing fast and precise lol. I'd have to practice tech daily to get it. Too risky for me currently, and there are many other ways to cover options that are almost as fast.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I can't even do the RPD (lol) consistently at all. But the up air on platform is good for attacking platform lurkers and the waveland in is a great way to get nearer to center stage with literally no pressure because nobody expects it.

Those are much less technically demanding, too, though not that they're easy, by any means. Practice on yoshis, the timing is less strict and you can get the whole platform. Call it useless until you bair someone from the middle of the stage out of nowhere and completely reverse the pressure.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah too bad I double 3-stocked his mew2 in tourney (he later lost to spidey in losers) and after the switch to sheik/marth I have yet to take a set despite many games lol. He never approaches and has some good habits, he's def not free.

Coastward

Smash Lord

if someone is willing to go through this all and help me fix my play id greatly appreciate it :)

also, are mans down to get a ganon room at big house?

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
****ing **** I haven't done a stream in forever. I need to fix this soon. I'm going to a tournament tomorrow so it'll probably have to be on Sunday.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
@ Coastward Coastward

2:57 - this is when you have to pivot dashjump fair out of dthrow. Same with marth at high% and Ganon at very high%

7:12 - every time this happens, I want you to think, "what if I THawk'd him instead?" He was at 0% too, expecting an aerial, ready to shield. Damn. That was your chance to tie that **** up. Land, grab, cg to ftilt/bair, then ledge pressure him with bair.

In general hitting a shield with a bair is bad for Ganon. When you're in the air facing away from them that's what they're expecting, they think Ganon has nothing else lol. Great time to thawk.

7:24 - he said YO I'm just gonna shield this aerial. Problem solved. Coulda thawk'd.

7:38 - cg!!

7:42 - punish with grab! Especially if he's at lower damage than here. Still worth it in this instance.

8:20 - bread and butter link setup. Not always optimal but good. CG to ftilt, he gets ledge, bair his getup. Just be more serious when link has the ledge. Mind game him and cover his options.

Had to stop watching lol gf johns

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Good Lord I should be a commentator for some of these Ganon matches at vs. So many ppl don't know d!ck about Ganon.
That's literally in every region. People in my region are so ignorant. A top Sheik in my region was trying to tell me that Ganon has no options vs. a cross-up nair from Falcon the other day.

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
Hey fellow Ganon players. :)

I need some help with the Falco matchup.

Every time fight Falco, I notice that I have recently gotten into a bad habit of doing the following:
Rolling too much
Getting hit by lasers
Shielding at the wrong time (Using hard shield when I should using light shield instead)
Edge guarding (whiffing Uair or Bair)
Failed Power Shield or lack there of
Approaching when I shouldn't
Using the wrong attack or missing attack (Falco is short?)
Can't shield grab in time
Dair and shine pressure.
Stage control

When I go against Falco, I keep getting hit by lasers. I try to shield, but Falco approaches with lasers. I can't jump or wavedash OOS because lasers put me in shield stun. Falco's shine and dair also puts me in shield stun also.

I honestly feel like I can not move at times.

Edge guarding is another problem.

Here's a video of what I mean.

Last edited:

s0teric

Smash Rookie
I was reading tafokints' sheik shield pressure article and particularly regarding ftilt on shield, what do you guys think of Nair oos to doublejump forward air to punish the ftilt? I think that a lot of novice sheiks like to ftilt at least twice on your shield. Also I don't think it's that uncommon to see a shiek come toward you after ftilting your shield, so I think it's likely they will be di'ing for the fair, which makes it applicable at more percents. Not seen any ganons really do this.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I was reading tafokints' sheik shield pressure article and particularly regarding ftilt on shield, what do you guys think of Nair oos to doublejump forward air to punish the ftilt? I think that a lot of novice sheiks like to ftilt at least twice on your shield. Also I don't think it's that uncommon to see a shiek come toward you after ftilting your shield, so I think it's likely they will be di'ing for the fair, which makes it applicable at more percents. Not seen any ganons really do this.
That might only work if Sheik has done an ftilt literally the closest possible range, it will def not work if the ftilt is spaced perfectly.

Coastward

Smash Lord
if youre at the right percent just crouch cancel into chaingrab LOLLLLLL

Clocked

Smash Apprentice
Hitting both the OOS Nair and a DJ F-Air is pretty reliant on percent/opponent's DI, Nair has too much variance in knockback to play the second hit any way but reactionary. I generally opt for a D-Tilt if they F-tilt me out of their range, and if I can I try for an up-air, or, and this is only at really low percents, a pivot grab.

That said against well spaced F-Tilts we donezo fam.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
@ Coastward Coastward I just barely glanced at it, but one thing I noticed was that the spot dodges were killing you. I'll give it a look later on and critique. I'm pretty good vs. Samus.

ATTENTION ALL GANONS ATTENDING EVO:
Let's money match. $5 apiece.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Only got one set recorded last night, vs IC's. I remember getting wobbled and I stood up off the couch and stared down at my opponent for about 3 seconds to joke with him. I sat back down and he ****ed up the wobble! Lmao. I lost to eclipsing binary's sheik for the second time. I was ahead the whole first match and threw it away, then sd'd at 0% after losing a stock game 2 and kinda lost motivation lol. I beat like 3 people and then lost to a Falco I 2-0'd 2 weeks ago. So. Many. SD's.... I don't think it helped that the rubber on my joystick fell off somewhere in the venue right before my first set lol. Right before Evo too. Gotta fix that **** pronto.

Edit: I was able to RLD + dj and LAND in the plat, ONCE. pseudo land? Lmao

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
There are too many ganons to do a ganon round robin efficiently lol.

Lol Dave, you're getting there. By the way, don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure there will be a stand at EVO for people to repair their joysticks. Gotta get my c-stick fixed, the rubber has been almost completely worn away from flicking up so much for those quick up airs.

By the way, I just realized something. It probably won't make much of a difference, but the true fastest way for ganon to run over to the ledge and grab it (i.e. you're on the left side of the stage and you want to edge hog the right side) is to dash, wavedash near the ledge, and then moonwalk onto it. Auto grab. Slightly quicker than wavedash, pivot, waveland on platform to edge hog.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Gotta play him every day and try. Otherwise you won't be moving as quickly as you think you are. Spider_sense said my Ganon got a lot faster and it really just came from me focusing harder and actually trying harder. Being crisp with all his moves takes a lot of practice imo. I maybe play for 4 hours a week I bet, trying to make it more like 7.

I made a falcon quit out a few frames before the 6th stomp hit him, lmao.

TheMentaculus

Smash Cadet
Maaaan. Wish I could have gotten some matches with the other Ganon's at FC. Placed 33rd. And I was second in my pool (westballz sucks). I ended up knocking Mundungu out as well after losing the first match, super happy about that.

@Moy and @ tm tm were the only other ones there, right?

Top Bottom