• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

YvngFlameHoe

Smash Ace
Confidence for you and Locke is needed badly it seems. Doubting yourself about things that could potentially happen is pretty much useless because those things never happen the way you think they will. I think that's why you are always surprised when people show their support towards you.

So what do you do in this case? You go tournaments where there's good Falcons like S2j or Darkrain and then you fight them. Then in that fight, you figure out their habits based on what you trained.

I've said this before but a true Ganon main is unstoppable. Just imagine yourself as Ganondorf, you really think he's going to be scared? lol.
Yea cause in all reality, Ganon only loses to Link & Zelda, NOBODY in the melee roster would stop Ganon 4real

YvngFlameHoe

Smash Ace
Confidence for you and Locke is needed badly it seems. Doubting yourself about things that could potentially happen is pretty much useless because those things never happen the way you think they will. I think that's why you are always surprised when people show their support towards you.

So what do you do in this case? You go tournaments where there's good Falcons like S2j or Darkrain and then you fight them. Then in that fight, you figure out their habits based on what you trained.

I've said this before but a true Ganon main is unstoppable. Just imagine yourself as Ganondorf, you really think he's going to be scared? lol.
Yea cause in all reality, Ganon only loses to Link & Zelda, NOBODY in the melee roster would stop Ganon 4real

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Over-confidence is like Duck thinking he can beat me 100% of the time. That's foolish thinking because when you fight, there's constant adaptation going on so he might be missing out on crucial information in order to get the win at that time.
I can't stress how important this is. I believe this is responsible for my loss to that pika player at combo breaker. I 2-0'd him first round, so I dismissed him, even though he was a good player; at my level or possibly higher.

He adapted hardcore the next set and I didn't think- I did the same stuff I did the first set, assuming it would work again because it did before... And he beat me.

Never ever ever underestimate or dismiss your opponent. It could lose you sets.

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I can't stress how important this is. I believe this is responsible for my loss to that pika player at combo breaker. I 2-0'd him first round, so I dismissed him, even though he was a good player; at my level or possibly higher.

He adapted hardcore the next set and I didn't think- I did the same stuff I did the first set, assuming it would work again because it did before... And he beat me.

It definitely can, auto-pilot is no good! The key to stop it is being constantly aware of your own thoughts. Don't over-think either, meaning stick to strategies that work during the set. Sometimes you do have to access your current mental state as well because getting emotional like getting angry or sad will often stop you to make rational judgement during the set. This is how you beat pressure whether theres 10000 people watching or the crowd is with you/against you. You can train this 24/7, dont even need to play the game to get a good mindset. Just as long as you make some conscious actions, eventually when you are good at whipping your mind then you can create amazing moments for yourself. You can start by being aware of how you breathe, walk, how you pick up the keys.. etc. You know all the things you do daily. It might seem tedious at first but its worth it, youll discover things you never thought about ever before.

Id love to talk about the next level beyond that but.. its very difficult. lol Im sure some of you experienced moments where time seems to stop or slowed down then the next thing you know you annihilated your opponent. Thats pretty much called being in the zone, i had those experiences here and there but not that often. Its so hard to get into because you need certain requirements in order to bust that door. And they are: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology)
1. Knowing what to do
2. Knowing how to do it
3. Knowing how well you are doing
4. Knowing where to go (if navigation is involved)
5. High perceived challenges
6. High perceived skills
7. Freedom from distractions

Its a good read. =)

Last edited:

tm

Smash Ace
Wow I got bodied tonight. Lost to a ****ing PIKACHU lmao (he's pretty good)
Join the ****ing club dude. Apparently we need to work on this collectively.
That's because games are meaningless to me, it's either the win or the loss. HOLD DAT. And you actually came here to post that.. Im going to imagine theres a snitch amongst the ganon mains.
I think he just namesearches himself. Or came to look at me talking about losing to puff lolol. <3 Abhi

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Playing Axe is damn near impossible, but that's just the player. The character has a lot of weaknesses that can be exploited. I think they only thing Ganon can't do is edge guard. He can't go out there at all, and that negates the whole matchup, It does seem that if a Pikachu has to fight Ganon, he has to go full on aggressive and not let Ganon gain any sort of momentum. I didn't know how to fight Pikachu at all when I played Axe, but I did learn alot from when I played him for that short amount of time.

Yort

Smash Apprentice

You lost to N64 right? Tall guy with curly brown hair?

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Yes, that's the one. I beat him in winners semis, he knocked me out of loser's finals (of the pool). He beat a couple of good chicago players and only lost to darkrain, taking 9th place, so I'm not too upset- he's been playing since foreverrr and he's pretty good. He also has that dmac experience.

Still just a tad salty seeing as I clearly have the potential to beat him, but I just didn't clutch it out for round two. Never underestimate your opponents.

YvngFlameHoe

Smash Ace
Yes, that's the one. I beat him in winners semis, he knocked me out of loser's finals (of the pool). He beat a couple of good chicago players and only lost to darkrain, taking 9th place, so I'm not too upset- he's been playing since foreverrr and he's pretty good. He also has that dmac experience.

Still just a tad salty seeing as I clearly have the potential to beat him, but I just didn't clutch it out for round two. Never underestimate your opponents.
Yea yea, w.e you say boyyy

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Playing Axe is damn near impossible, but that's just the player. The character has a lot of weaknesses that can be exploited. I think they only thing Ganon can't do is edge guard. He can't go out there at all, and that negates the whole matchup, It does seem that if a Pikachu has to fight Ganon, he has to go full on aggressive and not let Ganon gain any sort of momentum. I didn't know how to fight Pikachu at all when I played Axe, but I did learn alot from when I played him for that short amount of time.
took me one match to get used to pikachu. playing axe isn't impossible. pretty sure most of the top ganondorfs could beat him.

Yort

Smash Apprentice

yeah he lives like 40 minutes away in the middle of nowhere GA and hardly plays smash anymore but I got a good ganon vs. pika sesh with him right before he left for combo breaker. He's a pretty sick player and has pretty good knowledge of the ganondorf matchup so I wouldn't be too upset with it.

He's a cool guy as well and i'm happy he did well, he got first in lethal league as well. Hoping I can convince him and his crew to play smash more often with us next semester.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Are you ****ing serious? LMAO.
Well I think I can beat him but.. its not easy at all especially at that level, you can't mess up anything anymore, players at top 10-15 level like I said before is very very strong lol. Back then in 09-12, players were still improving, they still are but the general level is much higher now.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Are you ****ing serious? LMAO.
yeah man. i think kage or bizz could definitely do it.

not only does axe have minimal ganondorf exp, but it's not really that bad of a matchup. i don't see how it's that absurd :/

also @ S Superspright i don't know how to explain it. i learned how to be aggressive though. i've always been very defensive vs sheik.

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
No offense to Kage or Bizz, but I think Axe wouldn't lose a set to either of them as things stand now. Axe plays plenty of hard matchups all the time, many that are harder than Ganon. He is also just simply a better player than any Ganon on a fundamental level.

I think Kage and Bizz are both capable of taking a game(s) from him. He isn't untouchable by any means. I think that it's entirely possible for Kage and Bizz to beat him in the future. Who knows what's going to happen?

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Yeah Bizz didn't do that great against Axe. :/ Hopefully, I'll play him at EVO and hope to do better than I did last time. He can be beaten though. It's not impossible just damn hard.

Top Bottom