• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
so i heard this is where the ganon party is at

starting to play after a long while, so i'm totally gonna lurk and see what new ganon stuff you guys have discovered

GanonMaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dragmirejr
fuq, I rewatched the documentry with chilling commentary, I feel super motivated lol!

gonna step it up in christmas, begin the APEX grind!!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
that dash grab still hurts to watch.

youll definitely have him next time though, 100% possible.
I'll try Raynex's method that when I do want to grab I do it with X->Z instead of Y->Z because he told me that using Y for everything overlaps muscle memory that I already have. It's interesting.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
hype, another ganon i didnt know about.

were getting bigger.
west coast ganondorfs are actually on par with florida ganondorfs historically. when i was growing up, st patrick was my go-to WC ganondorf. bet none ya know that name lol

but yeah the ganondorf nation is growing day after day. those of us that stick with this character are very strong willed, strong minded, determined players. our character ain't easy.

so to anyone reading this thinking of quitting out, don't give up. it's up to US to push this character further.

it can be done. at this rate, it WILL be done.

Last edited:

Tribulation

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm fairly new to the competitive seance. I started in January 2014 and I am already in the top 20 out hear in Vegas. Though sadly, I did not start out with Ganon, I made that switch in June from marth.

I will share something that I have been thinking about but I have not tried out, and I already told Eikelmann, he seemed to like the idea.

I have been thinking of using side B after a down throw on faster falling characters. I have not tried it out yet though. I think that you would cover the tech in place, no tach, and a tech away. Just not a tech in. I have not seen another ganon use that yet, and I don't know why. I suppose they could crouch cancel the hit, but if they don't, side B leads into other hits.

Also, you could mix up with a downsmash to cover the tech in.

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
Hey, I'm fairly new to the competitive seance. I started in January 2014 and I am already in the top 20 out hear in Vegas. Though sadly, I did not start out with Ganon, I made the switch I made that switch in June from marth.

I will share something that I have been thinking about but I have not tried out, and I already told Eikelmann, he seemed to like the idea.

I have been thinking of using side B after a down throw on faster falling characters. I have not tried it out yet though. I think that you would cover the tech in place, no take, and a tech away. Just not a tech in. I have not seen another ganon use that yet, and I don't know why. I suppose they could crouch cancel the hit, but if they don't, side B leads into other hits.
there was a whole thread about techchasing fastfallers on the boards, but i dont know what happened to it.

it has its uses, but its really situational and relies heavily on reads. experiment with it though, i really wish i could show you the post with all the info on it.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
What he ^ said. Side-b can cover no tech, tech in place, and tech away (or tech in, if you side-b in that direction). However, it is punishable if you guess wrong or mis-time / mis-place it (which is a very common occurrence). Great reward, very high risk.

Dsmash is my favorite multi-coverage tech chase. Amazing reward, very low risk.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Hey, I'm fairly new to the competitive seance. I started in January 2014 and I am already in the top 20 out hear in Vegas. Though sadly, I did not start out with Ganon, I made that switch in June from marth.

I have been thinking of using side B after a down throw on faster falling characters. I have not tried it out yet though. I think that you would cover the tech in place, no tach, and a tech away. Just not a tech in. I have not seen another ganon use that yet, and I don't know why. I suppose they could crouch cancel the hit, but if they don't, side B leads into other hits.

Also, you could mix up with a downsmash to cover the tech in.
I think this makes like the 12th Ganondorf I've recruited to the boards this year. One every month. :D

tm

Smash Ace
Side B is nice but watch out because if you guess the wrong way, both fox and falcon can **** you up for it. Falco not so much. Also be careful: doing it to chase falcon and falco doing their forward roll, you have to be extremely close to them for it to work (imo fair / down B are generally more reliable for covering the tech away, especially because you don't have to worry about their recoveries as much)

I like dsmash too @ PseudoTurtle PseudoTurtle but have trouble being successful with it (except when on platforms or next to ledge). Seems like whenever someone tech in that spot (one boot length away) they tend to tech away (at least the players I play).

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Yea, tm, I know what you mean. I honestly should use it less lol, but the punishment is sooooo good. When they roll away, I would just use down-b or fair them, I guess. I mess up on the dsmash a lot in tournament.

I think optimal setups for dsmash as a tech chase are on a platform or near the ledge, like you said, or after dtilt / side-b at low percent (they almost always tech in place or miss tech after these two set ups, I have no idea why).

Punishments after dsmash include grab, fair, bair, or another tech chase. Grab is my favorite follow up by far because I feel like it's the most ego-shattering. My goal is to tech chase with dsmash onto a platform, reach it before my opponent has time to tech and then dsmash again for a guaranteed tech chase lol.

tm

Smash Ace
Watch out, the day might come when people realize they can get out of the first hit 100% of the time ;)

Skoomie

Smash Rookie
so i heard this is where the ganon party is at

starting to play after a long while, so i'm totally gonna lurk and see what new ganon stuff you guys have discovered
Discovering the power of Ganondorf is like reuniting with an old friend. Let it flow through you with vigour and tenacity -- crush your opponents!

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
i'm from socal

i rarely go to tournaments, but i'm looking to change that

just got back from a smashfest where i got wrecked by ROFL, Mike Haze and Tafokints haha. tafo made me remember just how hard the sheik/ganon matchup is :mad:
Damn this makes me nostalgic of mlg. All 3 of those guys were cool.

n0ne

Smash Ace
So i was doing so well with ganondorf in certain matchups at TCU. Better than with falcon. ICs and peach specifically. I 3 stocked Kzhu with him. Lost the set cuz of a couple of lucky bombs. No johns tho. Shame it wasnt recorded. I was grabbing every turnip and comboing him back with them. Looked really custom and smooth. Same story vs a good peach from quebec, hungryhurricane. My friendlies aganst kzhu, duck and dzzkidboogie went soooo well tho. No one knows how to play against dorf lol

@Moy dude, i know. Im a *******.
Today tho. Finally having free time off work. Throw any links u want me to check for u plz, and ill check em tonight.

@ PseudoTurtle PseudoTurtle thanks. Im getting there. a few dumb spotdodges here and there, but shield dropping really makes the oponent respect u on a platform. They were working nicely against mew2king and IB.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
you've got it all wrong

do it with analog because it's absurdly easy. all you have to do is roll the analog stick upwards lmao

analog jump master race
Just saw this. X + Z master race is more like it, you trippin like a ****** competing in the hurdles. I can't remember the last time I missed a jc grab.

Coastward

Smash Lord
done exams, that **** was killing me.

now that im gonna have a month of free time, i'm gonna grind out tech skill and make sure my shield drops and ledge dashes are 100%. gonna finish up the Bible as well and start working on some notes.

i might pick up @CAPS LOCKE project with the knockdown %s (unless he's still working on it) as well just so that i can give myself something to do.

Эикельманн [РУС]

nooooo dave i swear on my life that analog is the best option. it's right there! when you're moving forward you just slide the analog up very slightly to input jump.

also yeah none those three players you listed are ass vs ganondorf. idk why some amazing players are bad vs him. no johns though :^)

Last edited:
Top Bottom