• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Superspright

Smash Lord
Again, I'd shield grab if I managed to SDI away. That'd lead to a tech chase and other good things. Perhaps if I was facing the wrong way it'd be a better option.
In the scenario I am describing you are SDIing to escape their grab thus you won't be in range for your own either, but you can up-b. No one is going to be able to react to you SDIing their shine. They can predict it, sure, but as Falco you got maybe 5 frames to work with before you commit to the shine grab otherwise he rolls away or grabs you before you can. You can't shield-grab in that situation. It's a bait for their grab but you punish it with up-b. Conveniently most grabs last ~14 frames and up-b starts on frame 13 and is enormous. It works against Falco, trust me. Fox would be a lot harder since his pressure is 100% real. It's just not always possible depending on where they space their dair/nair. If they go inside of you good luck SDIing far away enough. Also, most decent/good Falcos I've played shine grab when they get the chance nearly every time. I know you can grab him out of the jump, but a lot of people are aware of that against Ganondorf and will just opt for the shine-grab instead. It's safer and can lead into more stuff.

Renth

Smash Hero
what am i going to learn from these matches?
You really suck at studying smash don''t you? Any time you see a Ganondorf there are plenty of things you can learn from watching anyone, at any time. Especially in a match up you guys all hate

Coastward

Smash Lord
come watch how to fight sheik you frauds

twitch.tv/lunacy_renth
ok so i was watching you at school and not listening to my lecture and i saw something you do alot that i wanted to ask

how come you side b against peach so much? is that safe on her/is it easy to catch her floating with it?

Renth

Smash Hero
ok so i was watching you at school and not listening to my lecture and i saw something you do alot that i wanted to ask

how come you side b against peach so much? is that safe on her/is it easy to catch her floating with it?
Side bing too often is just a bad habit of mine, however it's not a bad option in certain situations. If you expect them to try to shield grab your side b will dodge the grab for you and give you a free hit.

Also, what wouldn't you learn from watching @ Эикельманн [РУС] Эикельманн [РУС] I study kage, bizzaro you and spider sense any time something new comes along.

I'm playing a match up everyone strongly claims to hate, why not try to analyze and learn something. Why the unnecessary hate

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Side bing too often is just a bad habit of mine, however it's not a bad option in certain situations. If you expect them to try to shield grab your side b will dodge the grab for you and give you a free hit.

Also, what wouldn't you learn from watching @ Эикельманн [РУС] Эикельманн [РУС] I study kage, bizzaro you and spider sense any time something new comes along.

I'm playing a match up everyone strongly claims to hate, why not try to analyze and learn something. Why the unnecessary hate
Umm I don't think there's hate on that statement. The side-B to catch people coming down with a falling aerial is mainly good vs characters without a special jump. I wouldn't really recommend doing it vs Peach/Jiggs since they can just stall or re-jump then theyll get a free punish rather easily, its too risky vs them.

Last edited:

n0ne

Smash Ace
yeah i've heard of this guy. nicaragua has some incredible players that nobody has heard of. used to keep tabs on a dk from there called crazy 50.

n0ne is from costa rica iirc, though
Ian, n0ne is from Nicaragua but he apparently lived in Costa Rica for a short amount of time or something like that. I know he's gone to tournaments there
uh.. long story is.. i lived in toronto in the 90s and was in central america (nicaragua) but i moved back to toronto last tuesday.

Eikelmann, Crazy 50 is the best DK ive seen hands down. U will NOT escape one of his grab follow ups. Hes so good, i dont even think of using a spacey against him. Hardest player for me back in Nicaragua. Also, what costa rican were u talking to?

anyways, its nice to be in toronto again. heres the tourney Coast was talking about,
http://www.twitch.tv/acgamesonline/b/562874971
check the 1h 33min mark, You miiigggght be surprised of whatll happen. i mostly went falcon tho

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
uh.. long story is.. i lived in toronto in the 90s and was in central america (nicaragua) but i moved back to toronto last tuesday.

Eikelmann, Crazy 50 is the best DK ive seen hands down. U will NOT escape one of his grab follow ups. Hes so good, i dont even think of using a spacey against him. Hardest player for me back in Nicaragua. Also, what costa rican were u talking to?

anyways, its nice to be in toronto again. heres the tourney Coast was talking about,
http://www.twitch.tv/acgamesonline/b/562874971
check the 1h 33min mark, You miiigggght be surprised of whatll happen. i mostly went falcon tho
hahaha yeah crazy is ****ing awesome. tienes facebook?

Renth

Smash Hero
N0ne was definitely impressive, I was watching that stream. Undoubtedly one of the better Ganondorf mains I've ever seen.

GanonMaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dragmirejr

idk, was it PM or Melee? In Pm it is pretty safe, but in melee I do it way to much! Also, that Peach player is the strongest player at our locals, so I don't take the matches to seriously. But after last weekend, I think I am ready to be more serious about them! It is just him and the Sheiks (and a Falco who comes sometimes) who can really beat me, but I find myself having a harder time agains Sheik than Peach.

So the side b is something I do to much, Peach has a free grab/hit afterwards....

EDIT: thought you were talking to me loool, sorry about that xD

Last edited:

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Oh man, N0ne is back? I remember his Ganon, it looked a lot like mine. Probably another Ganon inspired by my tech. :p

Also Kage, Blea is no push over when is comes to Ganon, he's beaten EVERY single Ganon is our region, and I know for a fact none of Ganon's here are easy. He might give you a run for your money. Side bet $20 Blea wins.

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Enough of the Blea **** riding. I get it. He's good vs. Ganon. Can we get back on topic and talk about how we can crush our opponents?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Stfu Locke lmao. A little bit of social talk never hurt anything. We're lucky we have an active thread at all.

Eddy is super good and probably the nicest smasher in the world. Blea has played him a lot and has utmost respect for eddy, believe that. They are similarly skilled, but I'd give spacies, and ganon to blea. Eddy plays some other important matchups better though. Those 2 + abate are all in the same tier imo.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
I can see Blea being better against Ganon than Eddy Mexico according to what I've heard so far, but it's hard for me to believe Blea is better at the spacies match-up because Eddy Mexico routinely beats all space animals in So-Cal including Westballz and Lucky.

Btw, speaking of down tilt earlier, I concluded that d-tilt sucks against Sheik. But, it's pretty damn decent against Fox. I was going even with SFAT's fox while I was Boozearro Flame using d-tilt, f-tilt, and jab mix-ups. I think d-tilt is pretty good as a mix-up against Fox because you are crouch-cancelling anyways and Fox has a hard time truly punishing Ganon's fully ranged d-tilt.

I know that Kage uses d-tilt against Foxes, but I just wanted to make sure that everyone here knows of it's value.

Last edited:

n0ne

Smash Ace
Oh man, N0ne is back? I remember his Ganon, it looked a lot like mine. Probably another Ganon inspired by my tech. :p

Also Kage, Blea is no push over when is comes to Ganon, he's beaten EVERY single Ganon is our region, and I know for a fact none of Ganon's here are easy. He might give you a run for your money. Side bet $20 Blea wins.
Hey spider. Ive never been gone lol. Just that the scene isnt strong in central america. Now with the scene here in toronto hopefully u guys will be seeing more of my dorf cuz ive been going falcon a bit more lately. Time to switch it up

Coastward

Smash Lord
Hey spider. Ive never been gone lol. Just that the scene isnt strong in central america. Now with the scene here in toronto hopefully u guys will be seeing more of my dorf cuz ive been going falcon a bit more lately. Time to switch it up
n0ne, we gotta do ganon dubs sometime soon.

Divinokage

Smash Legend

But it's Luigi.. I always have an advantage in skill and in the matchup. There's no reason why I should lose when I got my own mind to toy with my opponent easily. The only people that I feel overwhelmed are the gods of smash except Mango. If I played consistently hours during the week, I can keep up with the fastest speed easily.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
The only people that I feel overwhelmed are the gods of smash except Mango.
Meaning you think that you can keep up with Mango or can keep up with all of the gods except for Mango?

And yea, I've heard from so many people that luigi is one of ganon's best matchups until everyone down south says no because of players like blea. What's the verdict on this, guys? I personally have always found the matchup to be pretty easy, but I've never played against a luigi who is even a mid-level player.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
But it's Luigi.. I always have an advantage in skill and in the matchup. There's no reason why I should lose when I got my own mind to toy with my opponent easily. The only people that I feel overwhelmed are the gods of smash except Mango. If I played consistently hours during the week, I can keep up with the fastest speed easily.
dude idk, i've seen you play vs luigi before. not really convinced you're as good at the matchup as you say you are. you don't even lightshield incoming fireballs when they're trying to magnet towards the ledge. if other luigis that aren't abate or eddy can make you sweat, then blea would probably give you a stroke.

@ PseudoTurtle PseudoTurtle luigi is a good matchup for ganondorf imo, even after having played blea. i've only played him in tournament once, but it was a close set. blea makes some essential spacing choices during situations where most other luigis would use other moves that aren't as good. can't really reference specific situations, but that's just what was etched into my mind after i played him (i've played most of the other good luigis). so i'd say he's definitely up there when it comes down to luigi players that would pose the greatest threat to top ganondorf players.

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
ian's edit basically sums up my thoughts.

i do fairly well against luigi's, went even against the best luigi in the region before he left for socal. my best matchups are low tiers arghhhhhhhhhh.

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
dude idk, i've seen you play vs luigi before. not really convinced you're as good at the matchup as you say you are. you don't even lightshield incoming fireballs when they're trying to magnet towards the ledge. if other luigis that aren't abate or eddy can make you sweat, then blea would probably give you a stroke.

@ PseudoTurtle PseudoTurtle luigi is a good matchup for ganondorf imo, even after having played blea. i've only played him in tournament once, but it was a close set. blea makes some essential spacing choices during situations where most other luigis would use other moves that aren't as good. can't really reference specific situations, but that's just what was etched into my mind after i played him (i've played most of the other good luigis). so i'd say he's definitely up there when it comes down to luigi players that would pose the greatest threat to top ganondorf players.
Omg, how many times i have to say that once you reach a certain level matchups matter a lot less than the decisions you take. It's player vs player, even if I don't use all the "tricks" I've got really solid fundamentals to back me up for basically everything. You can't just outwit me that easily because you use one small trick. I can adapt to what you do but ya I've noticed a trend that since I haven't played for a long time, a lot of players think Ganon is super ass now where they even think Mario is ahead of him now. They also think it's super easy to beat me now which I think is laughable because I haven't gone to a tournament since Apex. All I need to do is show up and show the light to these fools. And I also I always have close games however I mostly always win.. the one sweating isn't me, it's my opponent that cant handle the pressure.

Better look extra carefully next time. Damn doubters.

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
IF YOU WERE DOUBTING KAGE YOU WERE SADLY MISTAKEN.

kage are you able to come to toronto soon or is your job still in the way of smash?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
IF YOU WERE DOUBTING KAGE YOU WERE SADLY MISTAKEN.

kage are you able to come to toronto soon or is your job still in the way of smash?
I wanted to at least once before Apex, it should be possible. I wanted to fight KK and Camilo to see what's up and how my new strats would work against them. It should go well I think, my new mindset is pretty godlike.

Top Bottom