• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Superspright

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure the fastest way to drop through from an auto-cancelled aerial is shield dropping. I don't think you can cancel that forced landing animation with just a drop through.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
I
I'm pretty sure the fastest way to drop through from an auto-cancelled aerial is shield dropping. I don't think you can cancel that forced landing animation with just a drop through.
know what he is talking about though. It does happen when you land afyer a jump it immediately drops if you land it weird. I can't explain it sorry i have the suck. Though shield dropping is entirely different i feel. I csn't do it well

Superspright

Smash Lord
While doing an aerial? I don't know. I know you can no-impact land on platforms and then drop through immediately.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Yeah that's the one. But not if you are doing an aerial. How do you shield drop anyways?
I just practice crouching on a platform without falling through. It's the same timing for shield-dropping. The faster you can do it and not mess it up the better. Once it becomes natural then you can do it on reaction to shine, or an aerial or as a bait.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
I can do that but what is the shield drop? Let go of shield to crouch?
I just practice crouching on a platform without falling through. It's the same timing for shield-dropping. The faster you can do it and not mess it up the better. Once it becomes natural then you can do it on reaction to shine, or an aerial or as a bait.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Once you shield drop a lot, it becomes apparent that the Arizona method of moving the control stick from the right or left side down to a 45° angle lightly is the best way and far more consistent. I encourage anyone that's practicing to do it that way.

You guys should also practice it with uairs. Set the only item on to Mr. Saturn, turn it up to very high and go to any stage with platforms. Shield drop uair all the crates, saturns, etc. This way, you can tell if you got the uair off in time to hit someone on the platform.

I can do that but what is the shield drop? Let go of shield to crouch?
Dropping through a platform from your shield. You can do an aerial straight after, so it's like having the ability to do an aerial from your shield. A good strategy is to let someone attack your shield on a platform and shield drop uair or bair as soon as the hitstun is over before they can do anything. It works really well.

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Did decently at mass madness the other day. My pool had sora, one of the better marths in new england and a technical sheik player so I had no chance of making it into pro bracket. But I got 9th in amateur bracket. And the only reason I got 9th was because me and a friend left early; I was still in winners when I left so I probably would've taken either 5th or 3rd. So not bad overall.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
good **** dude. yeah I play with Sora a lot, and he's made huge leaps and strides to his overall game in the last month or so. I think the game is starting to click a lot more for him now. I would've gone to mass madness but I was not around unfortunately

MosthatedinNC

Dorsey
we had quad ganon going on a projector this weekend

was me, ace, bl@chr!s, and skytch... until skytch betrayed the dark lord and bailed on quad ganon, that is.

Last edited:

MosthatedinNC

Dorsey
Nice.. was just a massive 2 day long birthday/smashfest this weekend in nc(you know it's a good smash fest when at one point of the night there's a setup declared as 'the ganon setup' ;) ) 30+ people came including kevin, yay, and lozr.

Last edited:

MosthatedinNC

Dorsey
I've watched the first 2 matches so far, had some good punishes and moved really well on battlefield. Playing falco with ganon is rough though, your punish game can be on 9x out of 10 and still be why you lost. When a decent falco is applying good pressure 90% of the time it makes that 10 or less % so crucial.... so yeah, tl dr i suck against falco as ganon. i'll watch the rest after i run to the store

Renth

Smash Hero
I've watched the first 2 matches so far, had some good punishes and moved really well on battlefield. Playing falco with ganon is rough though, your punish game can be on 9x out of 10 and still be why you lost. When a decent falco is applying good pressure 90% of the time it makes that 10 or less % so crucial.... so yeah, tl dr i suck against falco as ganon. i'll watch the rest after i run to the store
the battlefield match was never supposed to go on youtube so ignore that cause we both played like ****. LOL

reuploading in a few

Renth

Smash Hero
Playing friendlies with subscorpion, Falco is by far my worst match up so don't judge too harshly.

(match 1 on yoshi's :( at the end that was an up air onto the stage not a back air for no reason)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LselItmi4Ww

@mosthated

nah i can't smash with dave today, I got my girlfriends birthday dinner to go to bro bro

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Shoutouts to quad Ganons. Will do it more in the future when I'm not so drunk lmao.

I don't remember why I abandoned the dark lord, but it was fun while it lasted.

Coastward

Smash Lord
i wish i was able to get into the bracket at GOML.

i would gotten 2nd seed and out of pools, but I was forced to dropout since i needed to run the stream and stuff. :(

i'm definitely improving though, i was actually keeping up with loki somewhat this time. just playing against kage helped me learn some stuff too.

Clocked

Smash Apprentice
Man, the **** I'd do to get to GOML.

Just watching some of the matches Ganon players threw down this weekend gave me them chills. Damn son, damn.

Coastward

Smash Lord

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
lol toph "I wonder if the slope of the terrain caused kage to miss that chaingrab". Pivot + dash + jump canceled grab would have done the trick but kage either input the dash too soon and it didn't come out, or he thought that pivot grab would be enough.

not as bad as wife saying "ganon doesn't really have any options to edgeguard marth" lmao. Good commentators get exposed when they try to talk about ganon stuff lol. no one knows or cares about ganon I guess lmao

Renth

Smash Hero
Kage is a very impressive player however I would like you to see the match through my eyes.

Kage vs. Weon-x

39-45 sec. I love the stage control very strong.

1:05 sec. - I just made a thread about this, you jumped out up smash at low percentage.
Fox converted it into a lot of percentage that lead to a kill.

1:25 A lot of people who do not have Ganondorf experience
will try to shield grab side b. Aim to punish that automatically it's almost
always free. Down smash, a tilt, or potentially a grab all applicable.

2:12 A lot more Ganondorfs need to be doing this ;
Rather than instinctively trying to jump when being chased or combo'd
try mashing up air, it's fast reliable and can get you out of
a lot of bad situations.

3:30 I like the wait while he was in his shield to bait him out for the punish.

4:06 Jab ~> Dash attack. Extremely under rated vs. space animals definitely
something I want to see more Ganondorfs applying you got a tech read after
that converted into a stock taking advantage.

5:12-5:16 Very smart well played pressure

5:30 I would have after the stomp gone for an immediate drop through platform
up air to get him off stage. Your punish was superior to what I would
have chosen in the situation.

5:57 jumping out of hit stun at low percentages, don't do that ^_^
Fox converted that small advantage to a zero death.

6:50 I would have taken the grab off of the stomp. Again your punish and
conversion was superior to what I would have chosen.

7:25 Jumping out of hit stun is in general bad fox could have taken
advantage of it, it would out in your favor this time. Doing things like
that in moderation can be okay.

8:04 I recognize that down b, It's the I really want this hit to finish
his stock desperation attack. Sadly, a lot of players see the down b
in that situation coming and is easily punished. Basically, do not down b
unless you are certain it's in a good position to do so. Like tech chasing
or if your opponent is in the air coming down and it seems save and hard to
avoid.

Note: I was typing in a text file while watching tat's why my text is weirdly aligned.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
With the format it looks like poetry rofl.

Well all I have to say with that set is that I need more training so i don't fail basic punishes or edgeguards. I definitely had him on the ropes and the momentum was mine. =(

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process

Well all I have to say with that set is that I need more training so i don't fail basic punishes or edgeguards. I definitely had him on the ropes and the momentum was mine. =(
That last game looked like there was a total momentum shift. You had all the momentum the first two stocks, but then the last two, Weon-X had all the momentum. It really sucks playing a Fox when he has that kind of momentum. :(

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
I like how us ganons stick together. I hate hearing from other players about johns. If i can help anyone in anyway i am down for that. If i ever get some recorded matches feel free to critique the **** out of them. Kage, i feel like a few times you could have just forced him offf stage for a stronger punish. In my opinion spacies dont have toomany ways to come back its very linear. I guess watching other people shows me how i play i like to play aggresive and try to shut down recoveries.I loved the spacing kage did , tight ****. That down b at the end though, i wish it hit, big risk though.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
Renth then you can pass on what you know to me. Its becoming one of my harder matchups as i enter more competitive play. And sheik, but falcon is even faster. You turn arou d and bam.. He is there.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
And it is so easy for fox to gain it!
That last game looked like there was a total momentum shift. You had all the momentum the first two stocks, but then the last two, Weon-X had all the momentum. It really sucks playing a Fox when he has that kind of momentum. :(

Clocked

Smash Apprentice
Renth then you can pass on what you know to me. Its becoming one of my harder matchups as i enter more competitive play. And sheik, but falcon is even faster. You turn arou d and bam.. He is there.
I'm so bad at Falco, Fox and Shiek that I started learning Shiek and Doc just so I don't get steamrolled. Damn, they're tough. I'll try to get some of my matches recorded, hopefully someone can tell me what I need to improve.

dERO!

Smash Apprentice
I'm so bad at Falco, Fox and Shiek that I started learning Shiek and Doc just so I don't get steamrolled. Damn, they're tough. I'll try to get some of my matches recorded, hopefully someone can tell me what I need to improve.
start learning chaingrabs =D

Top Bottom