• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
About the tech patterns, it's just that I feel I can do the same thing on you and Alex. Same combos, same reads, etc.

Like when you tech on a platform above me, I just have to think about what Alex would do, and you do the same. Same thing when I let you tech my up-throws whe you use Falcon. Anyways, that's what came to my mind.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Melee is so much harder with Fox. I mean, with Ganon you get to sit there and be all handsome and masculine. But as Fox you're forced to put up with being ugly. It must be so tough for Fox mains.

Superspright

Smash Lord
quick question: is there any specific trick to DI out of falcon's side-b to avoid taking a knee to the face?
Powershield it. It's pathetically easy. Wait for the contact box to hit you then hit shield (his side-b hit animation hits on frame 3 which is 1 frame less than the powershield window). Always works. I **** Falcon's that throw out side-b wrecklessly.

If you can't get the timing check out the frame data for falcon. Check out that contact box (the grey circles) and just get used to that hitting you then hitting shield.

If you suck at that, you can just CC, or tech in place when it hits you with SDI and then jab.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
I did it for both.

@Nujabes, my previous smasher tag was Cash Mooney (From 2007 to late 2009). I used to be one of the most well known trolls within the Melee community, and I was infinitely disliked within the USA for quite some time. Then I grew up, lost 9001 pounds and changed my tag to "Eikelmann" because my tag of Cash Mooney was tarnished, and I didn't want to be associated with that person anymore.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Just because people still call you by an old name doesn't mean they can't see the changes you've made. What's wrong with making a good name for cash mooney as opposed to creating a new identity? The former may even be more beneficial as far as people forgetting about the person you used to be, a person of which you shouldn't really be all that embarrassed of to begin with imo, learn from mistakes and keep your head up with no regrets.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah idk who cash mooney is except for a few references here and there. In fact, i didn't realize you were such an old school player.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
What if you still had those remnants of that person? It takes a LONG time for someone to change completely and I don't think I've made an observation yet about how someone changes drastically in that way, it sounds unlikely.

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
Is that to say who we are changes every moment?

And, if that experience changes the way you process information you would change completely

Divinokage

Smash Legend
That's hard to say because I think I've always been the innocent, happy, warrior whatever it is. That never changed because maybe it didn't need to be changed? I don't know.. I normally keep what's good with me and do what I gotta do, maybe I haven't chosen the best options all the time and it caused me and my friends around some pain of course.. but.. They never really labeled me as anything else other than me if that makes any sense lol.

I'm pretty sure the energy inside changes all the time for sure since there's billions of things going on but I mean I guess your experiences or maybe habits would much easier determine who you were at least to the eyes of others.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I feel like I'm in the middle of a really badly written anime. Where they say all this supposedly epic sounding stuff that supposedly changes all the characters lives, but it's written so confusingly that no one knows what's going on.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
If you really want to change someone's perspective on you then usually you better get ready to do some epic things that will shatter all judgement lol.

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
think about what makes people different, put in the exact same situation, different people will do different things. The way we process the situation is what makes us different. ( think of Melee =P) Change that and you have a different person.

Changing someone's perspective of you is HARD.. Seems like tht why first impressions have such an impact...

I agree one's 'energy' does change all the time...

:phone:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's true that everyone has their own different styles in melee.. even if you try to emulate a top player, your own style is still different. How do you change your thought process? It seems impossible, you can refine it though but what makes someone love or hate things? That's pretty interesting too. lol.

And then ya the first impressions.. You can only change that by showing the person otherwise than what he thinks of you repeatedly. Ian, you say you want to change but have you, really? Not to put on your blast or anything, but I still heard somethings recent you didn't do that you should've done.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
I feel like I'm in the middle of a really badly written anime. Where they say all this supposedly epic sounding stuff that supposedly changes all the characters lives, but it's written so confusingly that no one knows what's going on.
This is a very well crafted paragraph. And it complete describes every single one of Kage's posts perfectly.

If you really want to change someone's perspective on you then usually you better get ready to do some epic things that will shatter all judgement lol.
Good point.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well, pretty sure before Smash, not many knew about me.. hell not even myself. But then I just worked through an image I wanted people to know and look what happened... it took at least 3-4 years but I did it eventually. =P I'm pretty sure a lot of popular figures market themselves in the way they want but at the same time it's who they are more or less. I think it's pretty important to do and I will do the same in fighting.

You dare to make fun of my posts! It contains years of fun and glorious experience that maybe one day you can experience too. It's all in the details! ;)

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Just because people still call you by an old name doesn't mean they can't see the changes you've made. What's wrong with making a good name for cash mooney as opposed to creating a new identity? The former may even be more beneficial as far as people forgetting about the person you used to be, a person of which you shouldn't really be all that embarrassed of to begin with imo, learn from mistakes and keep your head up with no regrets.
Most people fail to see those changes because they don't even really know me. It frustrates me, that's all. Also, because I always thought that tag was silly anyways lol, I prefer this one much more. And I don't even like smash tags at all. I think they're awkward and childish. I'd rather just call Kage "Roustane" or Linguini "Emilio", even if I don't know them well.

Yeah idk who cash mooney is except for a few references here and there. In fact, i didn't realize you were such an old school player.
I wish it were the same way for everyone. The only problem is that people go off of those stupid references when they assume things about me. Thanks for noticing, though. :)

What if you still had those remnants of that person? It takes a LONG time for someone to change completely and I don't think I've made an observation yet about how someone changes drastically in that way, it sounds unlikely.
Minor remnants, perhaps, but for the most part, I know I've changed the highly detrimental attributes into beneficial characteristics.

The name "Cash Mooney" has always struck terror in my heart.
:fuuu:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
After spending the whole week working on a project for school, I finally got a chance to practice Melee again. Using L to shield was really good, since it makes wavedashing out of/into shield a lot easier. The dj platformdash was really useful too. I just need to get the hang of DDing again, since I use that to help me want to play faster.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I thought we were just taking a short break to help the Pichu boards feel better about themselves.

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
i use the L to l cancel and r to waveland/ravedash

Can ganon do a side-b to ledge cancel sortof like falco does?

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
In no particular order....
Chaddd
Linguini
Kage
Rock Crock

In ~2 years, maybe less, I'm having a ganon mm with each of you. Any other takers, go ahead.

The gauntlet has been thrown, now I'm gonna go practice haha

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
In 2 years you'll have won enough money from fighting that you can come down to NC and we can have an international Ganon convention.

Top Bottom