• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to win with Pit...Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Use arrows..a lot!

Just shoot em' Arrows are annoying and get your opponent very aggressive. Short Hop arrows are good for retreating/moving away. Follow up your attacks with arrows. F-throw/Smash/Tilt>Arrows usually works if you aim it right.

2. Don't use fancy stuff (a la Wingdashing/Arrow looping)

Seriously, the time you spend doing this you could be spacing yourself better. The surprise element is the only thing that comes from these tactics. Just don't do the stuff.

3.Know which aerials to short hop

Pit's best Aerial to Short Hop is his Nair and his Dair. You can retreat his SH Nair or Fair by DI'ing backwards. When you land you could grab, D-smash, or D-tilt depending on how well you space yourself. Use SH Bair on platformed opponents that miss a tech or SH Uair on opponents who roll away. SH Dair out of shield works on many opponents.

4. Jab more

You can jab of almost anything considering the speed and reach. Double jab>Grab or whatever works at all percentages. Jab combo>Arrow works, and it's pretty annoying too.

5.Glide on stage tactics

Low level gliding A attacks can cancel into almost everything from SH aerials to Jabs and Grabs. You can cancel your glide by jumping too. Don't do often, just randomly.

6.Use tilts

F-tilt and D-tilt is good for spacing and can give you a free arrow if connected. U-tilt works sometimes, but mostly when the opponent is above you because of it's stupid priority.

7. Mix it up

Change your tactics constantly except for arrow spam. get an arrow in whenever you have the chance and punish. Don't be afraid to do something new. But don't be fancy....

Sticky plz!!!11one11!!!!

=D

Icystrider

Smash Rookie
very sound and thought-out advice.... props (^_^)....
in addition to the SH n-airs... if you cancel their landing lag (by timing your landing) you can immediately do a move after.. ex(n-air to d-tilt, or n-air to n-air again, d-smash, f-smash,,, it's all possible) Don't forget the Angel Ring (very useful)!!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I cant stop using my super arrow and Wing capabilities. Without it, I wouldnt have gotten this far, and not all of the KOs that I have done would have been possible. And Arrow Rain... It's what makes me unique compared to other Pits that just arrow loop. my 4 months experience on these adv. arrows really does pay off.
Unfortunately, because of this, I do lack some fundamentals, as Rogue would tell me.
Then again, every Pit has his way of battle.

Icystrider

Smash Rookie
"these.. techs"

super arrow and Wing capabilities .
I concur with Admiral Bowser... even if at first you don't find the super arrows and all the different WoI techniques helpful... practice does make perfect. Now perhaps in a real match one should be more cautious about using these techniques (especially if they haven't mastered it yet).... However... don't hesitate to experiment with these techs in a friendly (your timing and placement of use will improve)... and with that... there is always a possible of a new discovery (^_^)

kupo15

Smash Hero
yea, wingdashing and arrow looping are pointless against noobs. shield grabbing works better. Spam arrows to prove to your friend that he doesnt know how to get around it. Other than that, your screwed if someone can counter it and its your primary tool.

I concur with Admiral Bowser... even if at first you don't find the super arrows and all the different WoI techniques helpful... practice does make perfect. Now perhaps in a real match one should be more cautious about using these techniques (especially if they haven't mastered it yet).... However... don't hesitate to experiment with these techs in a friendly (your timing and placement of use will improve)... and with that... there is always a possible of a new discovery (^_^)
I've used these techs before and I have played good people.

Wingdashing around is just asking for a grab or get projectile spammed.

Arrow looping just sets you up for any thing.

Using the Wing Fast Fall is ok sometimes, but you're wasting your jumps and just begging to get gimped. Using Pit's standard elements combined with good spacing and intelligent play is the best way to win with Pit. It's not about what's new, it's about knowing how to apply the essentials.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Ignore Pit's AT's. None are gamebreaking or do anything to make him better.

They are distractions.

Pit's would place better in tourney if they spent less time ******* around with AT's and more time coming up with option select scenario's, responses to shield pressure, knowing their spacing, maintaining momentum, etc.

I guess what I'm saying is...Pit mains should concentrate on the **** that wins tournaments.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
WRONG!
Wing renewal is incredibly useful.

So is Angelic step against DS spamming Metaknights.

Windpushing a fall state opponent out of the range of grabbing the edge is both epic and useful if situational as hell.

ART is amazing.(The one where you SH an Angelring into the ground Angel ring movement.) And really as far as a I can tell not spamming the techniques does nothing to hurt play.

Arrow looping is useful in that it baits some opponents in and can cover angles you normally can't. Also you didn't mention agressive edgeguarding at all. Or the fact that Gliding on stage takes too long and is really easy to predict and spotdodge. Glide attack scares off edgeguarders and thats really about it.

Oh and Arrow spam is bad, using arrows appropriatley isn't.

It is better to ledgeguard than arrow, a Wing refreshed Pit is better than an arrow. Following everything up with arrows kills your in game momentum against good opponents.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Also...90% of Pit's AT's aren't even advanced. They are things you could find out easily after messing with him for an hour or so.

But the Pit boards love naming **** I guess.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Could this be the best thread on the Pit boards yet? Seriously, just look at pits reputation. If somebody is known for his "gimmicky ATs" you can easily tell, that something isn't right with that characters Metagame. Pit could be much higher on the tiers but everybody just keeps talkng about Wingdashing, Arrowlooping and other BS.

Finally, somebody deals with stuff, that actually help pit...

WRONG!
Wing renewal is incredibly useful.

So is Angelic step against DS spamming Metaknights.

Windpushing a fall state opponent out of the range of grabbing the edge is both epic and useful if situational as hell.

ART is amazing.(The one where you SH an Angelring into the ground Angel ring movement.) And really as far as a I can tell not spamming the techniques does nothing to hurt play.

Arrow looping is useful in that it baits some opponents in and can cover angles you normally can't. Also you didn't mention agressive edgeguarding at all. Or the fact that Gliding on stage takes too long and is really easy to predict and spotdodge. Glide attack scares off edgeguarders and thats really about it.

Oh and Arrow spam is bad, using arrows appropriatley isn't.

It is better to ledgeguard than arrow, a Wing refreshed Pit is better than an arrow. Following everything up with arrows kills your in game momentum against good opponents.
I'm assuming you've never played anyone good before...

Seriously, i'm tired of all this new BS. I can't understand how people can dictate if something is good if they have never been to a tournament or played anyone at a higher level.

Please people, save the crap for someone else, it's not needed here. Hell, even when I went to Axis, there was not one Pit player who won doing that unnecessary dribble, and there was a lot of them. It just seems like people are trying to make themselves famous or emulate another character by trying to implement something trivial into their gameplay. Characters in Melee had things like The shine and SHL, but that's only because it was actually practical and literally had no risk in using.

Play with your heads people, you're turning your character into a gimmick.

*sigh* I think I may just switch back to Marth and Fox.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Now, I dont find much use for Angelic stepping, since just leaves me vulnerable and it rarely did anything for me.
The only things that I do at this current moment are listed:
-Arrow Looping: It was the first of the tech that I was taught, and with 4 months of practice, I really did improve. It actually helped me a few KOs, as shown in this vid here of me back in 6/4.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1ZSllLtps8

Back then that's the only way i could use arrows. Now, I could make them come from the left, the right, or even above your Zenith (Those who had Astronomy should know what that word means).
Arrow Looping is just something that has helped me many times. It even can reach places that basic arrows could not do, like hit some1 that's stalling on the ledge or something.
To be honest, I do think it is fancy, but for me, on occassions, is one of my forms of pressure and mindgames.

-Glideshifting: It's simply doing a fastfall, that makes u go down a bit before starting your glide. Not much to say here though. It was one of the first things I learned, but actually I havent used it that much since not many people glide often anyways.

-Wingdashing: Well, it has its moments, then it hurts you other times. However, I'm a person that loves messing with the opponent's minds. Well, I guess the one way to apply this is...
After you supposingly break someone's shield, use it to wingpush your opponent off the stage, if he's already close to the ledge to kill him, or just push him near a ledge and then Charge your Smash attack that you want to do to give you a better chance to kill them. But then again, what are the chances of people breaking someone else's shields these days?

-Arrow Rain: This is where I'm gonna get flamed and all, and I know it, because it is time-consuming and considered useless. I've been doing this thing since late June, and I've been working on it quickly. It confuses some opponents, and then at times, the arrows hit them. When other Pits found out that I was the first Pit to use this in matches (again, made me stand out from other Pits), they really thought I was strange. However, I am devoted to these arrow tricks, and I give an example of a thing that happened.
I shot 3 arrows in the air after knocking this Pit back, and then he finally came. I used Angel Ring (while still controlling the arrows) and was holding the angel ring to push the Pit back. Just before he set up distance to hit me with an F-tilt, one of the arrows hit him before that Pit hit me, and I had held Angel Ring that whole time after shooting those arrows.
However, I used Arrow Rain on this noob once, and I realized that, being the idiot that he was, used Pit and tried to copy Arrow Rain. However, he paid the price for trying to take my style and uniqueness.
In all honesty, This only seemed completely useful on FD.

Sometimes when I apply my arrows, it gives pretty to the opponent depending on the situation. I understand that some of you most likely want strong Techless Pits to make a name out there, but even Sagemoon had Arrow Looping at times. Im not saying to use any of these ATs, I'm just making my point of not only how some of the ATs have benefitted me (I still want my combo vid... maybe that's why I'm using them often), but I sometimes got punished for using em and I admit it, but I have the will to keep on going.
I use many different strategies, and with the lack of me being able to Shieldgrab that well, it changes me. However, I understand that you feel that ATs are a punishable "Distraction" and that the better Pit is the "Basic" Pit. Perhaps I could try to be aggressive without the ATs that I cherished for 3 months.

I'm sorry if I'm letting any of you down.

And it took me 30mins to type all of this...

kown

Smash Lord
yea, wingdashing and arrow looping are pointless against noobs. shield grabbing works better. Spam arrows to prove to your friend that he doesnt know how to get around it. Other than that, your screwed if someone can counter it and its your primary tool.
Kupo, spamming really does work. your making things harder than they ahve to be.
arrow looping and wingdashing will be addreessed later.

I cant stop using my super arrow and Wing capabilities. Without it, I wouldnt have gotten this far, and not all of the KOs that I have done would have been possible. And Arrow Rain... It's what makes me unique compared to other Pits that just arrow loop. my 4 months experience on these adv. arrows really does pay off.
Unfortunately, because of this, I do lack some fundamentals, as Rogue would tell me.
Then again, every Pit has his way of battle.
Admiral you only play online. their is such a huge difference offline. i dont think you hvae time to do these super arrow tricks offline...to be honest. You lack fundamentals becuase u rushed into "AT's" to fast...just take a step back and work fromm thier.

Wingdashing around is just asking for a grab or get projectile spammed.

Arrow looping just sets you up for any thing.

Using the Wing Fast Fall is ok sometimes, but you're wasting your jumps and just begging to get gimped. Using Pit's standard elements combined with good spacing and intelligent play is the best way to win with Pit. It's not about what's new, it's about knowing how to apply the essentials.
lol your using wingdashing in the worst possible situation....you assume that we wingdash constantly agaisnt projectile ppl....thats wrong. Arrow Looping doesnt set you up for ****.... Youir not even open while performing an arrow loop. You fail to realize that you dont ahve to finish the arrow loop and let it go away. THeree are times to use arrow looping. im sure u cna think of a situation where regular arrows wont hit them.
Of course fundamentals are important!!!!!!!!!!!! WE KNOW THAT.... but when you add style and technique you get something better than the spammy pit.

Ignore Pit's AT's. None are gamebreaking or do anything to make him better.

They are distractions.

Pit's would place better in tourney if they spent less time diking around with AT's and more time coming up with option select scenario's, responses to shield pressure, knowing their spacing, maintaining momentum, etc.

I guess what I'm saying is...Pit mains should concentrate on the **** that wins tournaments.
EMblem Lord.... maybe u should give reasons to how "AT's" are bad. LOL THEY ARE DISTRACTIONS. isn't that a goood thing??!??! Yes fundamentals are VERY important..thnxs for reminding every1. but combined with wingdashing you get something more unique.

Also...90% of Pit's AT's aren't even advanced. They are things you could find out easily after messing with him for an hour or so.

But the Pit boards love naming **** I guess.
WOOT ANOTHER GREAT POST BY EMBLEM LORD. why do u even ccare what we call them?...honestly.

Could this be the best thread on the Pit boards yet? Seriously, just look at pits reputation. If somebody is known for his "gimmicky ATs" you can easily tell, that something isn't right with that characters Metagame. Pit could be much higher on the tiers but everybody just keeps talkng about Wingdashing, Arrowlooping and other BS.

Finally, somebody deals with stuff, that actually help pit...
YES SPAMMING ISNT BAD.. i agree to that fully but at the same time you have yo use ATs to place even higher than what spammy pits are placing. spamming only works on noobs who dont know how to use POWERSHIELD.....learn it. SO what happens when the smash community cna finally PS and we are only shooting arrows? we get stomped on....than we revert to "AT's" to help us finish the fight.

Seriously, i'm tired of all this new BS. I can't understand how people can dictate if something is good if they have never been to a tournament or played anyone at a higher level.

Please people, save the crap for someone else, it's not needed here. Hell, even when I went to Axis, there was not one Pit player who won doing that unnecessary dribble, and there was a lot of them. It just seems like people are trying to make themselves famous or emulate another character by trying to implement something trivial into their gameplay. Characters in Melee had things like The shine and SHL, but that's only because it was actually practical and literally had no risk in using.

yes ur right no one has played anyone good. lol what a dumb thing to say. I can bring all of southwest into this thread and they will agreee that "AT"s are useful and have worked.
It CAN be unnecessary at times... but those are the pits that are still learning to use it effectively. Y do u think theres only two ways to play pit...spam or AT's.....COMBINE THEM. that is what im saying.

[/QUOTE]

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Who said anything about spam?

He is saying play smart. Know your spacing. Choose the best option for different situations. He isn't saying that you should spam at all. He is saying you should play Pit like a FIGHTING GAME CHARACTER.

I know that sounds obvious as hell, but it's the truth.

And another thing is that by placing emphasis on these so called "AT's", you convince up and coming Pit mains to focus on this stuff first before they actually learn how to play Pit. They are learning **** *** backwards and their priorities are all ****ed up.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
The above message is the truth.
Read it, acknowledge it, learn it.

Ah well I fail with many of Pit's AT's to begin with, never could arrow loop or arrow rain. Too long to perform and a waste of time usually.

Wingdashing does sound fun to use if though not practical.

besides, we all know that killing your opponent with a shield is the best way.
LOL Giant punch.

kown

Smash Lord
Who said anything about spam?

He is saying play smart. Know your spacing. Choose the best option for different situations. He isn't saying that you should spam at all. He is saying you should play Pit like a FIGHTING GAME CHARACTER.

I know that sounds obvious as hell, but it's the truth.

And another thing is that by placing emphasis on these so called "AT's", you convince up and coming Pit mains to focus on this stuff first before they actually learn how to play Pit. They are learning **** *** backwards and their priorities are all ****ed up.
this thread is all about spamming. that IS the discussion here whether ATs are useful and whether pits should use arrows more effectively AKA spam. YES we all know to paly smart. and if spamming is the smart thing to do than do it. but ppits can ONLY SPAM because you ppl dont know how to PS. Eventually all the good pits will be the ones who dont use arrows to a large extent and use it for the shield pressure by holding the arrows longer. but everyone ehre seems to think that you can only spam or use "pointless" ATs and im saying combine them... they arent pointless.
yes obvious, i dont even know what that means. and whoe fault is it for learning "AT's" b4 findamentals? it certaintly isnt ours.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
It's the Pit boards fault.

99% of the people who play Smash are noobs who have never touched a fighting game. They don't know about punishing, risk vs reward, spacing, etc. All they know is what they see on the boards.

So if they see 80 bajillion topics on AT's then guess what?

THEY ARE GONNA TRY TO LEARN SOME MOTHERF*CKIN AT'S!!!!

What I DON'T see are the topics talking about Pit's set-ups and shield pressure. How does Pit get out of bad situations? Does he have any move that he can help him in that regard. How does he deal with zoning.

Pit's biggest weakness is that character's can zone him with greater range so he can't safely use arrows or try to attack since he is outranged. How does Pit work around this? As a community THIS is the type of **** you guys should be working on.

Not Arrow Ballerina Waste-of-your-motherf*ckin-time Dance.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Pit's biggest weakness is that character's can zone him with greater range so he can't safely use arrows or try to attack since he is outranged. How does Pit work around this? As a community THIS is the type of **** you guys should be working on.

rofl

sig'd

kown

Smash Lord
It's the Pit boards fault.

99% of the people who play Smash are noobs who have never touched a fighting game. They don't know about punishing, risk vs reward, spacing, etc. All they know is what they see on the boards.
You act like we have to baby feed them....no ppl learn on thier own. they will realize that something isnt working and will go back to fundamentals. if ur not smart enough to realize fundamentals are b4 ATs than ur simply not good at competitive video games. I dont know anyone who is competitive and didnt learn fundamentals first.

So if they see 80 bajillion topics on AT's then guess what?

THEY ARE GONNA TRY TO LEARN SOME MOTHERF*CKIN AT'S.
more like three BIG ones.

What I DON'T see are the topics talking about Pit's set-ups and shield pressure. How does Pit get out of bad situations? Does he have any move that he can help him in that regard. How does he deal with zoning.
thats a great idea.

that is our fault. i agree this should be a main topic but simply we dont have enuff experienced pit players to talk seriously and knowledgeabky about this. pit is the "noob" char so we have a bunmch of inexperienced players. ill take that and work on these good tips for the boards.

hmm k? u earn respect from me but than u lose it by these comments...not that u care.

kupo15

Smash Hero
ok, ONE who the **** ever said anything about focusing on ATs over basics!!!!!!

TWO, when the **** did I say spamming was a bad thing? I ****** do it? But it isnt my primary strategy. If the Pit metagame was ****** arrow spam like the thread suggests, then how do we expect to win when everyone knows how to counter it?

THREE. EL, you said that Pit doesnt have a good approach. The surprise of wingdashing, ART, arrow looping, W/E opens up opportunities for the BASICS! Not arrow spam, the basics. I am NOT saying that you should focus on ATs because they will not win matches. But how else do you plan on getting better without experimenting and getting worse? Maybe I should have stopped WD in melee because it didnt do anything for my game except making me worse when I first started with it. I didnt own my friends, I dont know why it even though ppl hailed it......*rolls eyes*

FOUR. wingdashing. I guess Ill just say that Wavedashing isnt an AT because its something anyone would figure out and its easy to do. (more so than wingdashing) I mean, why Wavedash because it doesnt hurt anyone? ***rolls eyes 10 times*** (no **** I know its nowhere near as good)

FIVE, I think that ALL characters should stop wasting there times with ATs. Metas should forget about the unlimited cloak (whether its banned or not), Bowsers, should never Bowsercide cancel, Yoshis should stop DR......lets all just spam our projectiles and tornadoes and **** and play the game the way its ment to be played. Lets not have fun with our character as we play this game because I love spam fests and intense defensive strategies as much as the next person. This is a childrens game after all. ****Rolls eyes 20 times***

LASTLY, taking away Pits ATs (idc what the **** you call them) takes away a lot of the fun of playing Pit. This does NOT mean that one must sacrifice BASICS and a solid strategy to an ATs oriented gamestyle. ATs help more than anyone non Pit or Pit without success would ever know (EL, Eternal Phoenix Fire) to be just thrown away.

It seems like no matter how many ****** times I said BASICS OVER ATs the more ppl always ignore it. ATs DO work and help IF you know how to use them. Spamming them will NOT guarantee success. Why do I feel as if my point has been ignored yet again.

I am sick of this negativity but tbh, Idc anymore. I got what I needed from this website, I know the ATs work, and I know what I am doing right and wrong and to improve. I dont need anyone telling me how to play Pit

I have played in tourneys before and NOT once have ppl said, you lost because of w/e AT. WHY? Because I KNOW how to use them CORRECTLY!!! I guess that is hard to understand. And yea, maybe you should switch back to Marth or Fox..

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
He has maybe 3 or 4 useful ones I think.

But there has to be at least 30 something AT's floating around.

Why don't you guys focus on the ones that are good and just ignore the rest and come up with set-ups and talk about scenario's in which you can use them.

But still Pit's AT's are just so **** situational and he can usually do something better in any given situation.

kupo15

Smash Hero
As I said before, Id rather wingdash back from a Pits shorthop Nair than to shield it. why? Because Shielding only results in a grab. Wingdashing results in a Smash because it keeps them airborne longer and sets me up better.

Id rather Wingdash then get hit with Snakes tilts.

And he only has 5 Ats. Dont look at the "Please read before posting" sticky because it is incorrect.

And like I said before you, we are or should be focusing on the ones that work: Arrow looping Wingdashing, ART, WingRenewal.

Trust me, they are less situational then you might think. You will never know as much as us just like I will never know as much about Marth as you do. And dont let Inui influence your decisions because I know he doesnt do any "ATs" and he "just wins"... yea whatever. I think "just wins" means "more tourney experience..

This thread is full of fail.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Ok.

You said something that pissed me off.

You said I will never know as much as you about Pit.

That kind of thinking is ****ing ********. All I would have to do is study the character and who are you to tell me my limitations?

Don't presume to understand what I am and am not capable of.

And I wasn't letting Inui influence me because he plays dumb as ****.

I'm letting years and years of fighting game common sense influence my posts and way of thinking.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Well, what I meant by that was this and it applies to everything. If you dont main that character, you dont know as much as the person maining that character period. This applies to ATs and what situations to use what move and such. Another example could be learning a language. I study the lang. but it isnt the same as going to the country which is kinda what your saying about studying the character.

That statement was not about your fighting knowledge, it was about your opinions on the ATs and about specific play styles. If you agree with the OP, and from what I read you do, then you havent explored the ATs enough to know when and how to use them thus me saying, you will never know as much as a Pit who knows how to use it such as myself. And btw, I was with Pit from the very beginning of Brawl so I know how he changed and how he works and I have had the experience that Many of todays Pits dont have.

I switched melee mains to Marth as you might know and I will never know as much about him as you do.

And its a relief that Inui isnt influencing your thoughts.

So in short, that point was not about your common sense, but about your Pit specific knowledge. I made that comment under the assumption that you are viewing this from the outside in. This is a fair assumption since I never saw you post in here helping us improve pit or even act like a Pit main.

me too

Using Pit's standard elements combined with good spacing and intelligent play is the best way to win with Pit. It's not about what's new, it's about knowing how to apply the essentials.
How is this Pit specific since it is applicable to every character in this game? And btw, good wingdashing equals good spacing.

I could point out every bit that makes this thread full of fail, prove why it is made of fail, and ppl would still be stubborn as **** to disagree with me.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman

I'm from the Wisconsin, I have played the best in WI, MN, and IL. I don't win(although I have against Snakes), I give them a challenge though. I know what works and what doesn't, I'm working on the when. That said I do go light on most of the AT's(Wing renewal edgeguards/approaches aside) and cannot ART worth crap.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So much flames... I recommend this fight and argument to stop.

Everyone thinks differently. They have their own opinions, their own playstyles (Unless the noob decides to copy or spam typically).
A Pit can be a Techless (Basic) Pit if he wanted to.
He could use techs if he wanted to, but he, like me since I use some tech too, must be aware of the type of the kinds of consequences that are around when using the ATs. That's sort of like me and Arrow Looping/Rain... It's something that I cant just get rid of easily.

Someone said I dont play offline. Well, technically I do play some offline, but against about 3 noobish friends who dont know of basically any of the tech, and says that Pit is too good, when he is unaware that Snake and MK, tier-wise, is better. They dont even know what a tier is. Note that they also have them stupid Smash Balls on, which disrupts my competitive play, and style.
As for Online, about 92% of my matches were online matches. I dont travel, which keeps me from doing much, but resorting to online play. Even so, after playing these 6000+ matches, I've learned a lot.

Knowing that I use the Arrow Looping, Arrow Rain, occasional Wingdashing, and a few others, not including ART (I cant do it), I understand the kind of consequences that I face, because I've been doing this for about 4 months, so I have both dealt damage, and been punished for doing this. Again, Rogue told me of me lacking the fundamentals which is the reason why I lost to him even when he didnt use any AT.

Well, because I lack fundamentals because of my bond with the arrows, I may have to suffer for that. However, Perhaps someone can take me their angelic wings and step by step, to learn the capability of fighting without any of the ATs (Arrow Looping/rain is goin to be hard to take away from me).
That reminds me of something. Sometimes I change my strats completely, and I just remembered it because in a few matches, I never used a single arrow. Maybe it depends on the kind of opponent I'm facing, but I'm mostly aggressive, in my own way.

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
hey el why his Pit is high in the tier list I heard he have an awesome ledgecamp and good shield pressure but does he have other reason for being so high

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
^ Because Pit has a lot of potential, if played at the highest skill level.

You guys got EL completely wrong. He wasn't criticising Pit players but this board. He nver said "fu u stupid arrow spam nubs". He just said, that this baord has to deal with other stuff than ATs. Why don't you work uo his weaknesses?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
A projectile, and has many options to gimp opponents trying to recover. The Mirror Shield plays a good role as well.

It just seems as if these people really just don't get it. People, do whatever you want. I spend my time trying to give some solid advice that will help you win but no one seems to want that. Just remember that experience is more important than technicality. Despite how well you can apply something, knowing your opponent and the basics is the key element to victory. But if it means anything, let me derail the so called 'practical' uses of these 'AT's'.

Wing Renewal: Why use this when you could easily just attack the opponent by walking to them, shoot them with an arrow, or simply edge gaurd carefully?

Arrow Loop/Rain: Why waste your time trying to trick the opponent to inflict 3% damage when you can pressure the opponent by shooting at them accurately?

Wingdashing: Why do this when you could just walk at the opponent and hit them or grab them? I know it has push back, but that doesn't man it will prevent everything.

ART: Just use a SH Nair and space away to prevent the shield grab?

Whatever guys, just do what you feel will help you. Just don't hope to do good in tournaments with that crap.

And while we are on the subject, why don't some of the experienced players tell me some of the best players they faced. Mine are:

DSF, Connor, Mike Haze, Mango, Silent Specter, SK92, T!mmy, T0mmy, Gimpyfish, Psycho ******, Forward, Edreese, 3 Years, Twilight Kirby, Zelgadis.

These are more recently among the many I have played. How about you guys?

Khaos Blackdragon

Smash Cadet
Wing Renewal: Why use this when you could easily just attack the opponent by walking to them, shoot them with an arrow, or simply edge gaurd carefully?

Arrow Loop/Rain: Why waste your time trying to trick the opponent to inflict 3% damage when you can pressure the opponent by shooting at them accurately?

Wingdashing: Why do this when you could just walk at the opponent and hit them or grab them? I know it has push back, but that doesn't man it will prevent everything.

ART: Just use a SH Nair and space away to prevent the shield grab?

Whatever guys, just do what you feel will help you. Just don't hope to do good in tournaments with that crap.

And while we are on the subject, why don't some of the experienced players tell me some of the best players they faced. Mine are:

DSF, Connor, Mike Haze, Mango, Silent Specter, SK92, T!mmy, T0mmy, Gimpyfish, Psycho ******, Forward, Edreese, 3 Years, Twilight Kirby, Zelgadis.

These are more recently among the many I have played. How about you guys?
Wing Renewal: Maybe the opponent is in a spot where arrow won't reach or have enough knockback to mess up your opponent. Wing renewal provides pressure also, and it isn't like you can't shoot an arrow if you miss with an aerial. Of course the same could be applied if you just jumped off the ledge, but then you are risking your survivability with your jumps.

Arrowloop: The point of arrow looping (besides showing off for some, of course) is to provide a set-up. On many occasions have I looped an arrow and my opponent fell right in my trap. Computer, Human, and playing good players online. No, I have not gone to any real competitions, but that isn't the point. *points to Sagemoon*

Wingdashing: That's like saying that wavedashing is useless. If done right you can attack right after a wingdash. (As in you don't mess up and end up with the ending lag from a bair instead of canceling a dair)

ART: Push someone off the ledge and have fun with your opponent. If they shield, it isn't like shields last forever. Also, you may be off the ledge too late for the player to grab/hit you. Actually, I want to see this in action first.

Really though, we appreciate you guys giving us (the Pit mainers) advice, but as for the "gimmicks" I think we understand better what and what not to do with them. In my honest opinion both sides are acting stubborn in this argument.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Khaos: For the ART application.. look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5T1kdd5teg.

I have played m2k, not in tournament though. I got him down to one life and me at two with his snake then made bad choices. Against his MK I dont really use the ATs because you can with MK. Sorry I dont have the luxury like you to have faced so many great players, but trust me that my friends are not joke either. I am very confident that I would beat DSF when he still was snake.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It seems I am hated for my Arrow Looping and Rain, and other ATs that I use. Suppose I should give up on the angel considering on how i suck with fundamentals! :(

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yet again, noone reads my completely valid points or tries to see it through my eyes like I have tried with you. So Ill quote myself
I could point out every bit that makes this thread full of fail, prove why it is made of fail, and ppl would still be stubborn as **** to disagree with me.

Oh and Ill say this again in case you didnt read:

Dont look at Undr's AT list in the "Please read before posting" sticky because it is really unorganized and a lot of stuff fall under other categories. My list in the ULTIMATE PIT GUIDE is much better.

Wing Renewal: Maybe the opponent is in a spot where arrow won't reach or have enough knockback to mess up your opponent. Wing renewal provides pressure also, and it isn't like you can't shoot an arrow if you miss with an aerial. Of course the same could be applied if you just jumped off the ledge, but then you are risking your survivability with your jumps.

Arrowloop: The point of arrow looping (besides showing off for some, of course) is to provide a set-up. On many occasions have I looped an arrow and my opponent fell right in my trap. Computer, Human, and playing good players online. No, I have not gone to any real competitions, but that isn't the point. *points to Sagemoon*

Wingdashing: That's like saying that wavedashing is useless. If done right you can attack right after a wingdash. (As in you don't mess up and end up with the ending lag from a bair instead of canceling a dair)

ART: Push someone off the ledge and have fun with your opponent. If they shield, it isn't like shields last forever. Also, you may be off the ledge too late for the player to grab/hit you. Actually, I want to see this in action first.

Really though, we appreciate you guys giving us (the Pit mainers) advice, but as for the "gimmicks" I think we understand better what and what not to do with them. In my honest opinion both sides are acting stubborn in this argument.
Just to point something out:

Wingdashing will NEVER be as useful as wavedashing. Just because you can make a small movement across the ground similar to a wavedash doesn't mean that it has the same applications and minimal risk.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Im very mad after losin a 2v2 against cowering TL, cheap MK, and stupid Kirby. I might be forced to learn fundamentals at this point since Kirby spams his grabs, airs, and Fsmash, TL spams projectiles, and MK is just cheap! And if my stupid partner killing me with that stupid PK thunder wasnt bad enough... (letting loose steam)

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
I think what bugs us Pit mains is thew fact you call them useless. They aren't. They never will be. And while I agree the basics are important many of us have them down and tell people to work on them after they know how to play smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom