• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to win with Pit...Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo15

Smash Hero
sorry I really didnt notice it was that big. I was away from my cpu the whole day and was responding to what was said. I should have broken it up into several posts. I was basically answering why it feels like your being attacked and some other stuff.

So here is all that was said at you. The rest was at EL

Forget about the thread but you are targeted obviously because you started this thread and said that our ATs are trash. If you were to word your posts differently to lets say "telling us that the ATs have uses but basics are more important" instead of saying, "stop using the ATs, they are useless" then maybe we wouldnt have been so defensive.

We are also targeting both of you guys because I (at least I) have agreed with your "basics over ATs" argument several times over yet you keep repeating "basics over ATs" like a broken record.....we got it and we told you we agree. your point has been noted so just stop saying the same things post after post.

The majority of the arguing was the usefulness of the ATs and they are useful with a solid set of basics. What annoys us is that we agreed with you, and you refuse to agree with us. Even if you dont agree, you never attempted to discuss it by quoting our great points. They were simply ignored. You still have ignored my request about this going in the ultimate guide.
So basically, I feel as if we listen to you, but you (both) fail to listen to us making this discussion very one sided.

Kown: Yea you were right but it seems like he had the decency to read it. Im just going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Whoever said I wasn't listening? I'm not some megalomaniac. >__>

I just really didn't want this to turn into a debate. This is just (In my opinion) what I think Pit players should be doing. It's completely up to you to disregard or question it.

I can debate about other things, but this was never meant to be like this.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Why do you guys have to act like this and even waste time arguing with each other? You know that in the end, both people will keep their view points and the only thing gained would be bloodshot eyes from staring at the computer for too long to wait for a counter flame and an ill-temper. You guys should just go and spend your time on something else like practicing your characters and stuff... Threads in this forum should be useful. Every time I look into this thread in hope that you guys stopped bickering and compromised, all I find is a hot steaming baker's dozen of flames. -_-

Pheonix doesn't have to use AT's. Kupo doesn't have to care. It's all a matter of opinion in the end anyways depending on how people play their Pits.

Why do you guys have to act like this and even waste time arguing with each other? You know that in the end, both people will keep their view points and the only thing gained would be bloodshot eyes from staring at the computer for too long to wait for a counter flame and an ill-temper. You guys should just go and spend your time on something else like practicing your characters and stuff... Threads in this forum should be useful. Every time I look into this thread in hope that you guys stopped bickering and compromised, all I find is a hot steaming baker's dozen of flames. -_-

Pheonix doesn't have to use AT's. Kupo doesn't have to care. It's all a matter of opinion in the end anyways depending on how people play their Pits.
Thank you...

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Crazy bump...I know, but this is an excellent guide, and will hopefully improve most of our mid-level Pits.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
It was an interesting thread. Sorry I wasn't here. Sadly what I read, both arguments were right... at a point.

The pit board do need to be more serious. I'll agree if I wanted to learn him, he'll fall into random talk and AT's. Not so much now, but still newer people are trying to find new AT's as they are sent through a court room of negative results. Or the few that tries to improve it but more are determined to throw it down as useless.

The pit boards are divided in like 4 ways. Those who think we only range, or ones we can fight. AT's or no AT's. We don't agree majority of the time.

We never had completed frame data, which I'm willing to attempt if I had the know how. For the small community that agrees that his AT's are useful are forced to test them in real matches till we can find whats useful. If we had frame data for a wing dash at it's fastest, we would know what we could get away with.

Shooting straight arrows at a PS'ing and aerial evasive wario is like Arrow looping to an opponent. Its not 100% accurate but it has it uses. If you arrow loop with accuracy, how much you want to bet that falco will start to approach when knowing his reflector was useless. These situations are never discussed because well, you know.

Our guide is outdated in some areas, needs new info.

Coffee™

I need it....
This thread doesn't exactly say anything people shouldn't know already. It's nice to see it as a reminder but there was no real good reason to bump this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom