• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to win 100% w/fox, never lose

fox386

Smash Cadet
Okay so you really can't do this, but i noticed liek alot of n00bs asking questions that are easily answered by the stickies. they are there for liek, a reason. I just saw somebody ask whats a shine is. The shine guide is stickied? WTF? Read the rules or use the search, or when in doubt, look at the stickies. They should be considered must reads before entering any forum. Sorry guys, being new to smashboards and all maybe this isn't my place so forgive me but some people, you know...

Xeorogue

Smash Ace
Good call, people need to learn how to use the search function. It really is a waste when you see a title of a thread that you know you just read the answer in the last thread, but the poster was either too lazy or just ignorant about the search function. It answers all of the questions you need. Including the one in my sig.

fox386

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah, and if this thread was stickied, nobody would read it. lawlz.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Umm these topics shouldn't even exist because there is nothing to do with the title and you don't have to make a thread saying read the stickies. Please no more threads like this.

fox386

Smash Cadet
Oh great, I forsaw some internet fight was going to take place. I will handle this as civily as possible. So what if the post has nothing to do with the title. Read between the lines. Obviously, if you read the stickied guides and practice, you could win alot with fox. For your benefit, I will change the thread title to, "How to Win 60-85% w/fox (statistics subject to change depending on opponent, will of higher power, fate, luck, etc. - that's if you really care for these things and believe them). No, of course, I don't have to make a thread saying read the stickies, I volunteered to do it. And considering you've been here for quite some time (only 10 months and 1,643 posts?), I trust you read the stickies. Considering your high level of experience, you should not have read this thread. And, because, you probably are smart enough to know that you could never really win 100% w/fox (again, subjective, if you play against lvl 1's all the time maybe you could), then you've obviously got some knowledge. I'm sorry I'm new to smashboards, I really am. But I'm tired of instead of hearing intelligent discussion, I'm bombarded by posts with the most basic questions. Every forum has rules that usually state that you should search before asking (and, don't shoot me if I'm not 100% correct on this next one) READ THE STICKIES! I'm sorry. Maybe if all these people flooding the boards don't see the stickies, maybe they will pay attention to a normal post. Seriously, CunningKitsune wrote some great stuff. Some people should use it for good use. And yes, perhaps, if we're are lucky, there will be no need for more threads like this.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
In all honesty, I largely agree with the aim of this thread, whether it is appreciated or not. As the author of one of the premier guides on this forum, I really do take some degree of offense toward those individuals who lack the initiative (if one can even call it that) simply to look around for the answers to their questions rather than instantly posting their query and receiving either a one-line, simplistic response or instructions to "read the stickies." I'm sure that the Fox community knows that I made my guide with the central aim of improving the community as a whole; as such, I assume (perhaps erroneously, from the looks of things) that it will actually be used by our members instead of disregarded, unappreciated, and placed behind threads looking for answers to the simplest, most basic of questions. When I see threads such as these, I sometimes really do wonder whether all of my time and effort (and those of any other author here) is actually appreciated by the community.

So, in short, yes, I would love for anybody with questions to take the time to read through the stickies. They were written for a reason, that is, to better our community as a whole, and I'm certain that the authors of these guides and threads will feel far more appreciated and respected if their work is actually used as it was meant to be used and not completely disregarded. Laziness is no excuse. I mean, it's reading; how little effort do you want to put into life that you can't even summon the energy to read? Who knows, you might find the answer to your question and much, much more that will help you grow still more as a player beyond what the answer to your question alone could have accomplished.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
this is such a detestable and useless thread for these reasons.

1) noobs to the forums are born everyday.
2) there is no point in making a thread to state how people post.
3) those noobs get flammed each time they post already
4) we already have moderators that locks or kills their threads.
5) your title does not match your content (yes i read your reason for this and no it doesnt make sense)
6) threads are stickied, meaning moved to the most eye catching place in the forums. if noobs in forums are blind and cant see those, neither will they see this thread.
7) this is a character specific fox division of the forums, why are u posting this in a fox section. it would make a tiny bit more sense if you place this in a more popular area like the general discussion.a

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
i think the thread title is a really attractive one... so newbs with questions will want to click on that first and pow a big "READ THE STICKIES" sign pops up in their face. If this single thread prevents 2 other useless threads from popping up. It did its job... lol...

shinehex

Smash Lord
Long Island, New York (If you want to smash contac
i think the thread title is a really attractive one... so newbs with questions will want to click on that first and pow a big "READ THE STICKIES" sign pops up in their face. If this single thread prevents 2 other useless threads from popping up. It did its job... lol...
I agree 7896%. The title will really catch a noobs attention...I certainly caught mine:laugh:

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
5) your title does not match your content (yes i read your reason for this and no it doesnt make sense)
6) threads are stickied, meaning moved to the most eye catching place in the forums. if noobs in forums are blind and cant see those, neither will they see this thread.
No one cares. The title attracts people to read it. Noobs see the title and think it's an easy way out. The more experienced players see it, and expect it's either an old tech, a noob, or a joke thread. Either way, there's a reason this thread has 268 page views after only two days. The thread is meant to attack noobs who post threads that are easily answered by the stickies. Although stickies are easily accessable, they are also easily ignored. I know that I, for one, almost never notice the stickies and immidiately drop down to the new threads.

In all honesty, I largely agree with the aim of this thread, whether it is appreciated or not. As the author of one of the premier guides on this forum, I really do take some degree of offense toward those individuals who lack the initiative (if one can even call it that) simply to look around for the answers to their questions rather than instantly posting their query and receiving either a one-line, simplistic response or instructions to "read the stickies." I'm sure that the Fox community knows that I made my guide with the central aim of improving the community as a whole; as such, I assume (perhaps erroneously, from the looks of things) that it will actually be used by our members instead of disregarded, unappreciated, and placed behind threads looking for answers to the simplest, most basic of questions. When I see threads such as these, I sometimes really do wonder whether all of my time and effort (and those of any other author here) is actually appreciated by the community.

So, in short, yes, I would love for anybody with questions to take the time to read through the stickies. They were written for a reason, that is, to better our community as a whole, and I'm certain that the authors of these guides and threads will feel far more appreciated and respected if their work is actually used as it was meant to be used and not completely disregarded. Laziness is no excuse. I mean, it's reading; how little effort do you want to put into life that you can't even summon the energy to read? Who knows, you might find the answer to your question and much, much more that will help you grow still more as a player beyond what the answer to your question alone could have accomplished.
Guides like the one you wrote ARE very helpful, but only to people who take the time to read them. It's a long, informative guide. Really with guides that long people should read twice, when instead they don't read it at all.

Btw, what happened to your post count? I thought you were in the thousands.

Oh yeah, and if this thread was stickied, nobody would read it. lawlz.
Yeah... I know. That was the point. I was complimenting the thread and being sarcastic at the same time.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Yeah, I understand the argument that my guide in particular is quite long, but I also planned for such a situation and adjusted to the best of my ability; there are links in the guide outline to the posts in which information for each section is contained for a reason, although I suppose some over-industrious individuals simply can't be bothered to take the time to use such a complex system. >_>

Heh, I don't post all that frequently on the boards; I'm just constantly busy with this, that, or the other thing, so it'll take me a while to reach even 1,000.

As for the people who are critiquing the title and content of this thread, you clearly have no sense of rhetorical purpose.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I'm bored.

Okay so you really can't do this, but i noticed liek alot of n00bs asking questions that are easily answered by the stickies. they are there for liek, a reason. I just saw somebody ask whats a shine is. The shine guide is stickied? WTF? Read the rules or use the search, or when in doubt, look at the stickies. They should be considered must reads before entering any forum. Sorry guys, being new to smashboards and all maybe this isn't my place so forgive me but some people, you know...
This thread is a great idea so I'll have to spell-check:

Okay so you really can't do this, but I noticed like a lot of n00bs asking questions that are easily answered by the stickies. They have been there for like, a reason. I just saw somebody that asked: "What's a shine?". The shine guide is stickied? WTF? Read the rules or use the search button, or when in doubt, look at the stickies. They should be considered to be read before entering any forum. Sorry guys, being new to smashboards and all maybe this isn't my place so excuse me but some people, you know...

fox386

Smash Cadet
This thread is a great idea so I'll have to spell-check:

Okay so you really can't do this, but I noticed like a lot of n00bs asking questions that are easily answered by the stickies. They have been there for like, a reason. I just saw somebody that asked: "What's a shine?". The shine guide is stickied? WTF? Read the rules or use the search button, or when in doubt, look at the stickies. They should be considered to be read before entering any forum. Sorry guys, being new to smashboards and all maybe this isn't my place so excuse me but some people, you know...
dude, u r liek, a toal n00b. if i cared about spel chek i wudve dun it myself. lern2computer talk.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure that fox386 needs to grow a brain, and maybe go to school. Computer talk is ********, so please refrain from being stupid and learn to spell/type. r u rle svng tht mch tm b lkng stpd? stfu plz?!???!?!?!?!??!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!

fox386

Smash Cadet
krazyzyko proaly knows i was jus kiddin anywayz, the brookman needs to stop being a feg. I'm sorry ***. Oh Im sorry, thas not proper english. Brookman needs to stop being a homosexual of the highest degree. oh wait, its not proper to call sumbudy a ***. my bad. but then again, brookmans allowed to make fun of *******. at least he knows how 2 use the word stupid correctly. Anywayz, stop being a n00b, and to every1 else on here, you guys pwn. don turn ghey like brookman.

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
Lol, Brookman is amazing.. You don't look cool by typing in l33t speak, you look like a moron.

Quick FAQ to being smart:
1. Grow brain cells
2. Rub them together

fox386

Smash Cadet
ok, so there was a post here before in retaliation to shminkledorf; however, I edited it out because I'd rather forget about these childish games. I have better things to do than argue on the internet. So whatever, have fun kiddies.

D

Deleted member

@ CunningKitsune: how to win with fox 100%, never lose

shoot them until they jump at you and upsmash them. if they don't jump, keep shooting. Put that in your guide.

technomancer

Smash Champion
This thread needs a bumpin' due to humorous pseudo-intellectual debate about whether or not having a trick thread about reading the stickies is appropriate or not.

Mythos

Smash Cadet
hey i havz a qweston wutz the way to wzin with peach to u us3 the shIn3??

lol, i really like this thread. change the title, i think people are taking it too seriously.
And how should we call it? :laugh:
The official Foxspamthread? :)

Top Bottom