• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to kill disscusion

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Well as everyone knows Falcon has been way nerfed because of his knee, the ultimate killing move being crap now, so the question is, how does Falcon now kill? and for that matter rack up damage.

I'll start this disscusion by saying Falcon's most difficult position is when his opponent is at 130%+, why is because opponents become more defensive blocking and dodgeing all Killing moves and take advantage of the after lag, at this position I like to use Nair because it's quick and sends the opponent into a position to be edge-gaurded.

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
1. Cook the knee
2. FALCON PAWNCH = mindgames
3. sibeb -> uair -> uair -> utilt (only at low percentages)
4. dtilt -> up b

Those work well for me but I am no falcon pro.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
1. Cook the knee
2. FALCON PAWNCH = mindgames
3. sibeb -> uair -> uair -> utilt (only at low percentages)
4. dtilt -> up b

Those work well for me but I am no falcon pro.
Doesn't matter, as long as people contribute idea's Falcon's game can be stepped up as a whole

as for your number three statement I find that if starting at zero % doing a side b to Uair to Uair is great however you can use your second jump to continue Uairing, resulting in loss of jumps for the opponent, and if off stage it's usually in instant kill if you edgehog right after. But this will only work a zero because the Uair doesn't give a lot of knockback

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
Well as everyone knows Falcon has been way nerfed because of his knee, the ultimate killing move being crap now, so the question is, how does Falcon now kill? and for that matter rack up damage.

I'll start this disscusion by saying Falcon's most difficult position is when his opponent is at 130%+, why is because opponents become more defensive blocking and dodgeing all Killing moves and take advantage of the after lag, at this position I like to use Nair because it's quick and sends the opponent into a position to be edge-gaurded.

Do around 40 more percent, then surprise up b em near the ledge.

dash to up smash works well.

I don't believe nair works well at high %. Or low % for that matter.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Do around 40 more percent, then surprise up b em near the ledge.

dash to up smash works well.

I don't believe nair works well at high %. Or low % for that matter.
dash to up smash slides to far and takes to long if dashdanced to lower it's distance. Up b doesn't seem to work really well either (in my experience anyway), if you could post some examples of positions and such that may help me understand

40 more percent !!!!!!!!???

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
dash to up smash slides to far and takes to long if dashdanced to lower it's distance. Up b doesn't seem to work really well either (in my experience anyway), if you could post some examples of positions and such that may help me understand

40 more percent !!!!!!!!???
the dash to upsmash is good because it slides so far. Watch em carefully, dash back, wait for em to approach you, then dash upsmash towards em.

Up b works when they become shield happy. It works nicely in the air because no one expects it; no one ever used it in melee.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
the dash to upsmash is good because it slides so far. Watch em carefully, dash back, wait for em to approach you, then dash upsmash towards em.

Up b works when they become shield happy. It works nicely in the air because no one expects it; no one ever used it in melee.
Ill try the up b, it would probably work, as for up smash, im a little shifty on that because of its crap hitbox, if it was like Snakes up tilts hitbox i would use it

Tenki

Smash Hero
Posted this in another thread, but I thought it was interesting. I saw this move in a video:

40-50%(?): F-throw> Falcon Kick

If it connects, it brings both of you off or near the edge =/

I saw one of the Falcons pull off this move:

(Face off-stage) Falcon Kick > Double jump > Raptor boost toward stage

Granted, he missed, but it brought the other guy out to chase him since it looked like he 'accidentally' went off stage. Sounds like a good way to setup a spike though :x

LevesqueIsKing

Smash Cadet
Posted this in another thread, but I thought it was interesting. I saw this move in a video:

40-50%(?): F-throw> Falcon Kick

If it connects, it brings both of you off or near the edge =/

I saw one of the Falcons pull off this move:

(Face off-stage) Falcon Kick > Double jump > Raptor boost toward stage

Granted, he missed, but it brought the other guy out to chase him since it looked like he 'accidentally' went off stage. Sounds like a good way to setup a spike though :x
These both sound very good. I've unintentionally done the second. Will try to implement them in the future.

I've encountered a rather simple one that very few people have managed to dodge: Run off edge > Jump back up on the same line you fell from (so you're where you started, but in the air) > Bair

They'll follow you to the edge every time to try and edgeguard, but it happens so fast that most don't have a chance. Another benefit is that you're so close to the ground that there is very little post-move lag. I've landed this multiple times on very good opponents (ones that I had no chance at beating) and on weaker opponents I can land it two or three times consecutively (The move perfectly sets itself up to be done again immediatly, and they just keep following you out every time).

I've also been playing on the edge a TON. Just jump around off of the stage and once you lure them out spike them with a raptor boost. It's too cheap of a move to pass up. And then, once they forget about it, raptor boost them when you're ACTUALLY returning to the stage one time and they're trying to intercept. They won't know what hit them.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Be really good at autocanceling D-airs. An autocanceled D-air at a large percent range usually should give you an opportunity to Knee or U-air someone.

B-air at opportune moments.

Don't use the Falcon Punch unless your opponent is like Snake, and they are recovering really badly. Or if your opponent has their shield broken it's cool.

U-tilt. It's reasonably fast, has HUGE *** range, and hits hard.

Mindgame into a Smash attack.

At much higher percents, like 160%, if it isn't diminished, go for an Up-B since it's unblockable and has good priority.

U-air ledgeguard.

That's what comes to the top of my head.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
RAR Bair iz nice near ledge, when freash of course.

Sometimes I end offstage Uair/Nair comboeZ wit UpB.
Kinda scary, but if u get desperate enuf u could use it, killz at decent %s.

Backflipped knees.. r amazing.
I swear I jus started using it a couple days ago and Ive landed like half of em. Its awesome.
Jus dash full speed at the oppenent and do a backflip but instead of landing away from the oppenent, DI bax 2 em and knee as late as possible.

Srsly, dun under estimate t3h backflip, Its such a sexy mindgame.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I thought this thread would be giving examples of trolling. :bee:

utilt is an awesome killer

bair's good too.

Or bait them into a smash. I like to walk slowly backwards so they miss their approach, then stutter-step fsmash. It works more than it should.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
well I guess that for a Falcon to be good you have to be unpredictable.......................

Actually I started spiking most people recoveries lately and im reading them well, I think that's another thing to focus on, epecialy teleporting ones

-Slash-

Smash Cadet
Whenever people are below the ledge trying to recover, run off the ledge and do a knee. If you do a weak knee, double jump and use Uair.

Brutos

Smash Apprentice
Whenever people are below the ledge trying to recover, run off the ledge and do a knee. If you do a weak knee, double jump and use Uair.
I love doing that. It always works against my friends.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Does anyone incorporate Raptor Boost into their game?

I've been messing around with baiting people to edgeguard or chase me off-stage and doing Raptor Boosts back, and it's pretty surprising :x

Some people are so hellbent on recovering if they get hit, that in the panic to recover, you can start up a far scarier move that, depending on their recovery, can lead to a horrible death (Falcon Punch)

iono, mess around with it. @.@

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman

I've been messing around with baiting people to edgeguard or chase me off-stage and doing Raptor Boosts back, and it's pretty surprising :x

Some people are so hellbent on recovering if they get hit, that in the panic to recover, you can start up a far scarier move that, depending on their recovery, can lead to a horrible death (Falcon Punch)

Raptor boost works well in punishing predictable rolls. Not very useful for KOs I think.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Eh, really?

Sometimes, you get a "spacing effect" if you use grounded Raptor Boost, since it sometimes stops / "cancels" (...clang cancels with other moves) while keeping Falcon out of range of the actual attack.

I think Aerial Raptor Boost needs more love :[

btw that previous post was all about off-stage aerial raptor boosts, not grounded ones lol

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427

Honestly I've tried to stay away from the Raptor Boost which I personally find technically obsolete. UNLESS you are recovering.

Spiking, while it's sorta hard to land, a D-air has more priority and hits harder, and is less punishable.

The ground Raptor Boost I really don't like much, but I guess it's sometimes easier to use if you really want to put someone above you. Some characters like R.O.B. do a lot worse once they are above you. Honestly though you have options like Dash attack, U-smash, Falcon kick, that are more powerful than Raptor Boosting and a whiffed Raptor Boost or a shielded one sucks anyway.

And dunno, last time LeeHarris talked about the aerial Raptor Boost, he said just Knee people instead. =/

Ayaz18

Smash Champion

ooo yeah, dash danced raptor boost works awesome

Tenki

Smash Hero
This may seem kinda irrelevant, but I was watching this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37ER1zpg_F4

and while trying to replicate it, I realized that Falcon's down-Taunt, when done so that his back is facing the screen (facing left..?), cancels alot earlier than normally.

Now what kind of strategic implication does this have?

people expect a longer delay, but you can bait moves with the 'short taunt' and pull a retaliatory setup... lol.

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
people expect a longer delay, but you can bait moves with the 'short taunt' and pull a retaliatory setup... lol.
Show me your...Falcon Punch!

Another trick I use against larger characters like D3 is to catch grab them on the edge, D throw them, then Short hop into a knee. Even at lower percentages or if you get a weak knee, it sets you up to gimp their recovery.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
actually i have been approaching with auto canceled Uairs lately, it's pretty good so far, plus you can DI with it backwards, so you end up with a dodging Uair (like a really crap version of Wario using Dair but DIing backwards)

thought's???

Patinator

Smash Champion
Well...

I find the Knee easy to pull off on big characters like Bowser and DK. My only opponents are CPUs, so bear with me...

I kill with strings like D-Tilt > Knee, D-Throw > Knee, and Dash Attack > Knee. They all work pretty well.

Aside from that, Raptor Boost spikes are great. As with UAir edgeguards, and the occasional F-Smash...

But as for damage, I've done crazy stuff like DThrow > DThrow > Knee > Grounded Raptor Boost > Non-spike DAir > UAir > +1. o_o;;;

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
actually i have been approaching with auto canceled Uairs lately, it's pretty good so far, plus you can DI with it backwards, so you end up with a dodging Uair (like a really crap version of Wario using Dair but DIing backwards)

thought's???
Yeah... that sounds cool...
But if Wario saw Falcon doing that, he'd ****in' eat him.

My main competition, (my brother) plays Wario.

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice
1. Rack up some damage (Raptor Boost > ...), (D-throw > Dash attack > u-tilt),...
2. Get them off the stage (throws, ftilt, dsmash),...
3. **** them in the air (knee, dair, RAR'd uair),...

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
With falcon, my main finisher is usually uair. It's not strictly a KO move, but near the edges, it often can get a KO at a reasonable percentage.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Strangely enough, I've been getting my kills off Falcon Punches lately. I play on wifi against people who are used to playing online (so it's not the "ewww i lagged so i couldn't dodge" johning people like the majority of swf lol), and it seems to be a good counterattack to whiffed attacks. I'm making a list of attacks that are susceptible of this in a different thread.

@.@ ...yeh.

ReploidArmada

Smash Rookie
I've noticed that I've been landing most of my knees lately in my training against CPU opponents. Usually a spotted knee is enough to kill at a higher percentage, but that depends on what stage you're fighting on and where you kneed them from.

Also, how do I cancel out of Dair?

Edit: I've also noticed that Falcon performs better in FFA matches than 1v1s.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
To kill: Utilt, pretty much all of his airs, dsmash, usmash, upB, FALCON PAUNCH!!!! (just sometimes :p).

To rack up damage: Dtilt, ftilt (I've found it to be pretty effective if you angle it right), AAA combo, utilt, uair, bair, nair, Falcon Kick, Boost Powah.

@ReploidArmada: Of course Falcon is better at FFAs, no one is specially concentrated on kicking his ***. Also, he has the paunch.

M3zm3r1z3

Smash Apprentice
DAIR-->Knee 65%+

can't wait to see some sick falcons at tourneys :p

btw anyone have vids of really good falcons? I've looked at the falcon vid thread and they all seem pretty old

Baky

Smash Journeyman
The knee will surprisingly catch a person off guard every now and then.

To be honest his f-smash would be one of the best kill choices. Great knockback and can be used to counter other smashes in the process. Also when this move is used spot dodge timing is typically off by the opponent considering CF pulls back before impact.

Sh1n0b1

Smash Journeyman
D Smash and F Smash are decent killers, but they are slower then average, so they aren't a viable option unless the player you're facing screws up. The best way to rack up damage, IMO, is either using Falcon Kick or Uair. The jabs are even effective for racking up damage as well.

bLeAkWuN

Smash Cadet
i use bair...but i do a jump nd fake the first bair with a uair, bcuz ppl dodge it...then bair with a second jump....fast fall to get the timing right...same goes with the knee...

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
after watching a Zamus "combo" video im thinking to try the thing where she stuns the opponent>walks of edge>Bairs the opponent into a stage spike. (obviously without the stun) I think it would work well for edge guarding because Bair comes out fast and stays out for a while, to catch people in their recoveries

also i have been killing with Uair backwards a lot lately rather than a normal Dair spike, like Ganon players

Roager

Smash Ace
With falcon, my main finisher is usually uair. It's not strictly a KO move, but near the edges, it often can get a KO at a reasonable percentage.
Definitely a good killstroke. Plus, even if it hits with a bad hitbox, it's easy to follow up with something else (nair, fair, dair, up-B, side-B, etc.)

My personal favorite, though, is when they're recovering, interrupt the edge grab with a d-tilt, then side tilt, then the all-important Knee of Justice.

Or, of course, a Falcon Punch. Humiliating finish.

EDIT: A really professional-looking kill is to interrupt strong vertical recoveries by just running off the stage, no jumping, and straight into a fair. Assuming it hits well, it's almost always a kill.

Top Bottom