• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Deal with Specific Moves #8 & #9: Metaknight's Shuttle Loop + Diddy's Bananas

Gmoney_

Smash Journeyman
Nanas: Always keep a nana with u. This way diddy will have only one nana and maybe none. You don't have to use them against him, you want to try keeping him from having both nanas in his possession.

Shuttle loop: Try to Dair this if u see he wants to do this. If ur off stage and in an edge gaurd position (u getting edge guard) don't try this. DI away from the stage and get to the edge or on stage depending on the situation. If ur on stage and he wants to do a SL to glide atk, ur nair kinda beats his glide atk. First hit of nair will trade clash wih the glide atk and the other hits will hit him. If u are well spaced en are fast, you can even try to Usmash/boostsmash him before he can do his glide atk.
If he's hanging on the edge, just go to the ledge and shield. If he does SL here, u are able to spike him before he does his glide atk (assuming ur fast enough). A normal shield will do it, so u dont need to perfect shield.

edit: forgot to mention something. Diddy is able to crawl under your reflector so be carefull with it at close range.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
posted this in another thread then realized this thread was discussing exactly the same

against diddy: Jump Cancel toss is better than glide toss, glide toss way too long

at kill percent, if MK is gliding at you, shield their glide attack and upsmash OOS immediately, should hit them and kill. also Nair beats glide attack but i think thats well known

at kill percent, if MK is gliding at you, shield their glide attack and upsmash OOS immediately, should hit them and kill. also Nair beats glide attack but i think thats well known
I do not think OoS Usmash has enough range perfectly spaced Glide Attack. Besides, I have seen MK avoid this by aiming for the shield in the upper corner of the shield and fall back down away from the person.
It autos cancels at the at that height anyway. I'd have to see Nair beat out glide attack. What does it do, cancel the attack with the first hit of Nair then continue to keep twirling?

Anyway, OoS FH Bair to punish UpB on the back side of your shield.

Edit: FML for realizing the date of this thread.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
It depends. Nair will usually hit them before they can glide attack but if they glide attack and it hits, Nair will just cancel with it.

They must have good smash DI. Thats completely different from this though.
No, I mean the fact that during the middle of Nair after the first hit, I was hit by MK by glide attack before my second hit came out.

Either way, I still have never seen Nair successfully block a glide attack.

Top Bottom