• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to be Pro at Diddy, a Video Tutorial (Bump for New ppl)

paOol

Smash Apprentice
hey everyone. i was recently debating whether to make a combo video or a tutorial showing how to properly play diddy kong. Someone told me i should do both so i went with that.
This is just a guide and i mention in the video that if you are looking for combos and such, you'll have to wait for my combo video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoHVgV0MU48

enjoy :)

ask any questions you may have.

Triple9Killa

Smash Rookie
Very informative as I plan to main Diddy Kong as well.

Lookin forward to your next video!

paOol

Smash Apprentice
How to you cling to the wall (like on the side of FD in the video)? I've done it by mistake a few times but I can't figure out how to do it consistently.
you jump towards the wall, and hold RIGHT or LEFT depending on which way you jumped. in my case, i held right. you can only hold on for about 3-4 seconds max though and then you fall.

What about DXL diddy is one of the best for it

mm, whats DXL? o_o

ADHD

Smash Hero
you jump towards the wall, and hold RIGHT or LEFT depending on which way you jumped. in my case, i held right. you can only hold on for about 3-4 seconds max though and then you fall.

mm, whats DXL? o_o
Stupid me... DLX here is the link, Diddy can do it along with falco, don't know about the other characters http://youtube.com/watch?v=TtxbcqWUQpE

You can run, press A hit the opponent then time an up smash and there you go! Looks useful too-- also called snakedashing??

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
It's a nice tut, but it's only the basic moves. We don't have enough info on Diddy for anyone to say they can teach anyone else to be pro at any character. The title is misleading.

Very Good starter vid that taught me that you can spike with the Up B. I really haven't played Diddy much, but I would love to give that a try.

pesticide

Smash Lord
tutorial vids > written guides anyday IMO

im too lazy to read everything in the written guides :p

great tutorial! diddy hump FTW!

cant wait for that combo video!

paOol

Smash Apprentice
about that combo video. i have about 1 more minute of footage until its complete, but however i don't really feel quite satisfied with it. should i release it anyways before the game comes out and make a second video? or should i keep working on it until i get some really good footage in there.

EPlC

Smash Rookie
just noticed ur last name is Kim. Nice to see more korean smashers out there :D

before i saw ur vids i was determined to main with King dedede but after seeing ur DIddy in action i might consider switching. you make diddy kong look fun .

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
Nice guide man! I always prefer to watch a video than read some boring text. :)

Very descriptive, very informative. I was amazed with how much you could demonstrate in such a short amount of time. Nice to see a "moveset vid" from someone who actually knows how to play Diddy. :laugh:

saberhof

Smash Master
lol, hey paOol, id like to hear some insight from you about diddy, regarding every move, being the player that i follow at the moment and i do not carry a copy of brawl with me, id like to hear some questions answered....

:p...you gots msn?...

paOol

Smash Apprentice
there have been alot of new users posting the same basic question over and over again so i thought i'd bump my guide.

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
PaOol you need to upload more 1 vs 1 vids last one I saw was the ganon one of you owning him =P

Top Bottom