• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to approach Zelda.

Majini

Smash Apprentice
This is by far one of weakest points with my Diddy. Her B...*****. That's all I can say about it. And Din's Fire spam keeps you from getting yo' bananas.

D1RE

Smash Cadet
As a former Sheik main I do of course have some experience with Zelda. She's a good camper, no doubt, and dins' can be quite a pain. However, against Zelda, I would suggest moving towards her powershielding all the dins and then use a tilt, dtilt or ftilt, to force her out of the camping. Use the nanas the same way you would against wolf or fox, and try to get her into the air. She's practivally defenseless against juggling and it should be easy to rack up % once you can get her airborn. Remember never, evver aproach her from the air. She wrecks you fi you do an aerial approach. That's the ittle input you can get from me now.

Oh, and fear her dsmash if she saved it, it's fast and kills you around 100% ~120% I think.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Zelda being a light weight character shoudlnt be too hard to kill. Alot of her specials require good timing against a fast chimp like Diddy Kong. Her Up smash and Foward smash is something you have too look out for though. Those throws of hers are dangerous but most of the time you will end up playing a defensive Zelda.

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
I love playing Zelda mains.
Diddy is quick and fluid and I find that the Zelda's I play against are constantly shield-whoring so its easy to just banana->grab

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
Use peanuts as an approach. They won't get reflected back, they'll just break when they reach Naryu's. Shield the Din's accordingly, then attack with a low aerial when you get into range. You could stay use a dash attack or an up smash as opposed to an aerial, but don't approach Zelda from above or you'll more than likely end up caught in an up smash.

If you want to use bananas as an approach, bait Naryu's by dropping a banana with Z, or tossing the bananas up or down.

NNID
Budget_Player
I find that I just have an easy time against zelda. I just shield past din's, and as soon as the moment arises, Monkey Flip kick.

Then again, it still is relatively hard, seeing as my other main is snake... :V

rinoH

Smash Lord
Zeldas are the most annoying people to play just mindgame her to use her attacks that have alot of lag

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yea i agree with kayzee here. just baiting the projectiles from zelda should really create a huge opening for ur awesome combo :3 just make sure in the beginning of match to have at least 1 banana and not be too cocky and get 2 in case of teh fire o-o. oh and yea watch out for neutral b and what else ugh her upair o-o but thats just lolz. plus her spike is quite deadly same with her bair and fair. just space accordingly and play smart and it shouldnt pose a threat. though easier said than done of course. zeldas are teh smart

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Just don't.... get caught in the fuzzy stuff :psycho: Her reflector is ****.
summed up the whole matchup there pretty much. all her moves are just very punishing. just create less mistakes than the zelda and outsmart them and your set :3. harder said than done for sure. but to me pit>zelda

Top Bottom