• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to approach a spamming Falco.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I saw that someone a few posts up asked if you could grab instantly out of a Powershield:
Well, powershielding->grab doesn't have any advantages over normal shieldgrabbing (melee powershielding still has shieldhitstun). PS->Dsmash ***** tho, it does massive dmg and is slightly faster (and it being slightly faster really does matter alot when it comes to punishing pillaring)

JFox

Smash Hero
Kaze, play a good falco, lol. Come to NJ and get ***** :)

I'll keep trying, but I still can't do it, not even to lvl 9 lasers. I think I am holding the shield button too long.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Dude wait are you trying to do attacks out of PROJECTILE powershielding?
oh wait maybe that's what you guys we're talking about LOL
anyway it's impossible to instantly do an attack out of a projectile powershield, you can only do it if you powershielded a melee attack

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend

I'll keep trying, but I still can't do it, not even to lvl 9 lasers. I think I am holding the shield button too long.
I just felt like posting nonsense :( My Peach is terrible.

Although if I needed to be ***** by Falco I could really just look up Bam :laugh:

He's more geographically convenient.

JFox

Smash Hero
Dude wait are you trying to do attacks out of PROJECTILE powershielding?
oh wait maybe that's what you guys we're talking about LOL
anyway it's impossible to instantly do an attack out of a projectile powershield, you can only do it if you powershielded a melee attack
:laugh: No wonder I can't do it! I've been trying to dsmash out of a powershield for projectiles! I had no idea it had to melee attacks only. :psycho:

kirbstir

Smash Lord

I can't name a NJ falco I haven't taken a set off of...

M2k's falco doesn't count

kirbstir

Smash Lord
I played at Chu's this past weekend, an astounding 8 people entered

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
Haha, yeah Jfox, this is a tough matchup. In general I float above lasers and be patient with fairs and nairs. When you CAN land one of these, it should be a good lead into other moves given that your short range game is good. And I really don't recommend trying to power shield lasers all the time. Yeah sure its easy, but what will you do after it? Power shield again? I feel like there are better options.
By the way, Eggm totally ***** me, but he does it with mostly down-air+shine combos. I feel ******** a lot of the time when he owns me like that.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
thanks. i appriciate it.

hey, does dair to grab work well on falco? or is this a stupid idea?
lol
cuz i need to find more ways to grab fox/falco

JFox

Smash Hero
Dair grab might work if your opponent feels pressured by the threat of your dsmash and just sits in there shield. However, if by "work" you mean does dair have enough shield stun that you can grab him before he can attack you, then most certainly, NO. LOL

It does work on people sometimes, but dair hitstun is so little that I wouldn't recommend it much cuz if your opponent sees what ur trying to do, its extremely ease to counter that strat in a number of ways.

I would recommend fair grab.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well what i usually do, is when float above is head and poke him with dair.
if he keeps his shield up (as i expect) i just fall behind him with a bair to dsmash.

i bet i play a hella generic peach lmao

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
I played at Chu's this past weekend, an astounding 8 people entered
Woah, woah, woah. Chu is having bi-weeklies again?
WTF?

I thought he discontinued those.

**** it, I should have just went to George Mason, so I could be around all you guys.

edit:
Oh, and I like any stage with platforms sans Yoshi's Story against a lazer spamming falco. Otherwise, I agree with what others have said, just try to stay above their lazer range with float. It may be possible to jab lazers. Has anyone tried this before?

JFox

Smash Hero
This may seem rude, but...

If you don't feel qualified to make a significant contribution that would actually be helpful to the person asking the question (aka someone who doesnt know what they are talkin about) you should just not post. This isn't a place to get your post count up, its a place where people ask questions/discuss character specific questions.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Have you ever played Lambchops? :laugh:
lampchopz isn't really that good vs peach :p
not that he didnt **** me last time we played
but I'd expect eggm to be much better

edit:
to keep on topic w/ Jfox's OP, there really isn't anything to do against a spamming falco except to wait for an opening while floating. And to not drop down directly with an attack. I'm sure people mix up with airdodge diagonally down, I know wife does that once in a while. That avoids the retreating laser to punish.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
This may seem rude, but...

If you don't feel qualified to make a significant contribution that would actually be helpful to the person asking the question (aka someone who doesnt know what they are talkin about) you should just not post. This isn't a place to get your post count up, its a place where people ask questions/discuss character specific questions.
Sorry, didn't mean to spam. I was serious about floating, however. I feel that's the best thing you can do if you aren't great at power shielding (which is the case for me.) And also as I posted above, I'd like to know if it is possible to jab lazers

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
you can stop turnips, missiles, pills/fire balls, and even full charge shots, but falco's lasers are uncancelable. (not a word lmao)

actually... i don't KNOW this... just believe it.

Top Bottom