• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How on earth do i beat DIddy?

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Ok, im tired of GDX knocking me out of every tournament i go to. How on earth do i beat Diddy with Zelda or Sheik, i don't know what to do, can someone give me some tips for this please?

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
Turning Diddy's bananas against him is a start. With Zelda, you can reflect them, and then she has a really nice glide toss once the bananas are in her control. With Sheik, grabbing the bananas can be tough, but the easiest way imo would be to short hop a nair or an air dodge to catch airborne bananas.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Turning Diddy's bananas against him is a start. With Zelda, you can reflect them, and then she has a really nice glide toss once the bananas are in her control. With Sheik, grabbing the bananas can be tough, but the easiest way imo would be to short hop a nair or an air dodge to catch airborne bananas.
or grounded.

Don't forget you can time a air dodge or a attack to happen just before you land on a bananas and pick it up.

demodemo

Smash Ace
learn to pick up bananas with airdodge, then throw them from a shorthop downwards to diddy

there are many combos you can do, you can ftilt, grab, dsmash, yeah

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Diddy Kong obliterates Zelda IMO... That could be just me...

With Sheik, you are better off throwing them off the stage and continuing to pressure Diddy. Sheik has a poor item throw and no glide toss, so the mere existence of the bananas puts sheik at a large disadvantage. And of course, you wanna pick platform stages like Yoshi's Island or Battlefield so that Sheik has more room to maneuver. Roll around, throw a lot of needles since Diddy has good range in his tilt's/jabs. Sheik's are faster, so apply HARD pressure to him whenever you're close. Sheik always, always wants to stay close in a matchup (Except maybe Wario/Snake, you have to camp them haha.)

Villi

Smash Lord
If Diddy is holding a banana, he'll likely drop it before you've ftilted him a satisfactory amount of times. I might just finish tilt locks early with an aerial in that situation. Could anyone tell me if it's possible to catch a banana with a buffered nair if it falls out of his hand while he's being ftilted? I would but my Wii is out of commission.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
If Diddy is holding a banana, he has to throw it sometime. Think of your options after he throws it (all depends on situation and spacing).

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Diddy Kong ftilts well.
Tru-dat. I second that.

I play against a diddy every day. I say stay in the middle of the stage so you don't get combo'd 2 a spike. He is gimpable, use the chain to ledgehog and if he tries to sweetspot ledge, he will bounce off the stage and suicide (you can hope for it, won't happen too much). I agree with everyone else, control the bananas. Also, since you said you kept losing to him in a tourney, you should BAN FD! Camp plats if you must, spam the needles, etc. Um use your counterpick for Norfair or something. Something where he can't use teh naners.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
1. Flamingo's location=rofl
2. Get Diddy of the stage and either chain hog like Flamingo said, or fair (or needle) him so that he goes below the stage to recover, then needle him again as he charges his barrels. Easy gimp.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
I played against a very skilled Diddy some days ago and he was using bananas a lot to combo and go for grabs. What I did was to pressure him and not let him create bananas. Jump and run towards him, don't let him create them. If he does try to block, to grab them, to throw it at his face then continue the pressure. From long distance you will have trouble. Keep very close to him and you will have the edge. Edge guard him with your chain and your Fair. Use your chain to grab the ledge, jump towards him, then go back to the stage, etc. I hope this helps.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Personally, I apply high pressure. The single most important goal you can have is to steal Diddy's bananas. If you can strip Diddy of his bananas, you can control the match.

Top Bottom