• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much time do you spend gaming?

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I'll have to admit that I used to spend much much more time on playing video games and whatnot. Super Smash Bros Melee is what started it for me. I got into the competitive scene for that game back in like 2002. I entered tournaments and played competitively from 2002-2007.

Then of course in 2003, I started playing Pokemon RSE competitively, and moved onto Pokemon DP's tournament scene afterwards. That whole bit lasted from 2003-2008.

Call of Duty was another game that I played on a competitive level. That lasted from 2004-2006.

When I played all of these games competitively, I spent a ton of time practicing and studying different strategies involved in each of the games. During summer days, I would spend 16 hours a day sometimes playing these games. And that was just for practicing and getting better. Then of course, there was time spent playing in tournaments for each of these games. I was luckily enough to win a good deal of tournaments for every game I involved myself in. On normal school days, 4 or more hours a day would do the trick.

But once college started, my gaming kinda died down a bit. I just lost interest in competitive gaming. Well, I still like it, I just didn't really have the time to handle several games like I did. I'm sticking to Super Smash Bros Brawl at the moment, and I don't plan on getting back to any of the other games I used to play competitively.

Nowadays, I play a few hours a day if at all. I would actually say that I average less than 10 hours a week though, with most of my game time coming from weekends when my roommates are out so I don't feel like I'm bothering them by playing Smash all day in their room. Luckily I got a lot of quality time with Brawl over the summer (4-8 hours a day of practice).

So how often do you guys play video games?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well, I don't really time myself when playing videogames, but I'm pretty sure alot. I mean, its the only thing I do besides using the computer, basically. Also, when I hang with friends, we play videogames. I play Melee Competitively now, so I am practicing it alot. I also have spent around 70 hours or more on Phantasy Star Online, and now I either take a very long break from that, and then go into a PSO phase again. You know?

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Well, I don't really time myself when playing videogames, but I'm pretty sure alot. I mean, its the only thing I do besides using the computer, basically. Also, when I hang with friends, we play videogames. I play Melee Competitively now, so I am practicing it alot. I also have spent around 70 hours or more on Phantasy Star Online, and now I either take a very long break from that, and then go into a PSO phase again. You know?
Yeah I get what you're saying about the break thing. There was a period of time in which I was playing Call of Duty competitively but wasn't playing constantly. I would take a break for like a month or so and come back to the game. And oddly enough I seemed to improve (Of course, after the first few matches where I had to iron out the kinks and stuff first).

Plus I had all these other games to focus on competitively...

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
when i get a new game i go berserk like i can hit 24 houres within 3 days.
but ii dont play as much as i use to.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Um... Too much. I'm a bit embarassed to give an exact number. It's more than 4 hours a day easily though.

Edit: Also, it is killing my schoolwork. College is too hard...
Hehe, I know how you feel. I failed a few classes because of that. D:< I am not good with scheduling I guess, gah. I need to find a better way to balance, well, life.

when i get a new game i go berserk like i can hit 24 houres within 3 days.
but ii dont play as much as i use to.
I do that too, I even forget about using the computer at all, because of that 'new' game. :3

Yeah I get what you're saying about the break thing. There was a period of time in which I was playing Call of Duty competitively but wasn't playing constantly. I would take a break for like a month or so and come back to the game. And oddly enough I seemed to improve (Of course, after the first few matches where I had to iron out the kinks and stuff first).

Plus I had all these other games to focus on competitively...
Well, for PSO, getting better isn't really the case, lol. Its a hack and slash, and levelling up takes such a long time. But whenever I feel like wasting time, I would play that. Also, its addicting. Now, I'm in my Smash phase, and maybe just a little of RE 4.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Um... Too much. I'm a bit embarassed to give an exact number. It's more than 4 hours a day easily though.

Edit: Also, it is killing my schoolwork. College is too hard...
Schoolwork was one of the reasons why I stopped playing video games so much, and the reason why I stopped playing so many games competitively. Less competitive gaming = less game time in general.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
25 hours a day.

I play at least 10 hours a day.

Edit: Seeing the title, 5 hours on fighting, 10 hours on RPG, 2 hours on puzzle.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
This time last year, I could hit 20 hours a week easy, not counting Saturdays. Now that I'm in college, and with all the long-term projects I'm working on, I'm lucky to get five. Example: last Sunday I played three hours of Soul Calibur IV and roughly 20 minutes of a MotorStorm: PR demo. That was my gaming for the week. I've had an unopened copy of LBP on my desk for over 24 hours. I am busy...I should have a few hours downtime late this week though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Heh, yeah. Unfortunately I'm now trying to pick up Guilty Gear XX Accent Core and Street Fighter Third Strike competitively. :( I need help.
I could help you... somehow. I play both of those competitively. If you need any pointers, just ask.

Back on topic: I used to play a lot of video games. Not so much anymore due to college and work.

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
I could help you... somehow. I play both of those competitively. If you need any pointers, just ask.

Back on topic: I used to play a lot of video games. Not so much anymore due to college and work.
Well I already have 3S, but I'm pretty bad. I need work on parrying to be honest, but I'm getting better. I still need to get Accent Core though, I'm going to get it for the Wii and grab some classic controllers so I don't have to use the terribleriffic wiimote.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Parrying is difficult to get used to. Just start off by parrying projectiles. Once you've got the hang of it try to parry direct attacks. Just PM me if you need anything.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I also feel as though I am no good, for example, in Marvel VS Capcom. I know nothing about that, sadly.

Of course, I spend more time on Single player games then multiplayer games, haha. I'm a loner.

nice1

Smash Lord
i used to spend a lot of hours gaming but now i game every now and then since i'm always hanging out with my girlfriend and friends

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I usually spend a lot of time on the computer, but usually, I tend to pop out a game disc and play some of my games I have. Even when I'm at my computer, I play games just to get better at them and such. I guess you can say everyday of the week.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Usually around 2-3 hours per weekday, and anywhere from 5-10 hours on weekends. Currently going to a JC, so I have quite a bit of time on my hands.

Also fluctuates depending on upcoming tournaments/scrims etc.

I've found that focusing on a select few games really makes it easier to excel in said games; I only play SSBM/DotA (with brawl as a side thing), so that's where most of my hours go to.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
As much as possible, while still following relatively normal patterns.

SMRPG1

Smash Cadet
I think at the current moment it's about 5 hours a day. So about 35 hours a week I guess. With no school and no job at this present time, video games is one of the main things that keep me sane when I'm not out with friends.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
halo is the only game that got me badddd.

25+ hours a week during college

in my prime in melee - 10+ hours a week
My prime in Melee:

70-100 hours a week (summers)
25+ hours a week (school year)

Currently in Brawl:

30-40 hours a week (summers)
10 hours a week (school year)

Stupid school lol.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
2-3 a day, weekends... wow, umm i guess 6-8, every weekend that is all I do, kind of bad when I think about it...

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
24 hours

I guess about 2-3 hours weekdays, and *maybe* 10 hours on weekends. The rest is spent on the computer and playing outside...

And school on the weekdays...

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
24 hours

I guess about 2-3 hours weekdays, and *maybe* 10 hours on weekends. The rest is spent on the computer and playing outside...

And school on the weekdays...
Out...side?

I think if I'm not playing video games, I'm at least on the computer. I'm almost always in front of a screen, or so it seems.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Out...side?

I think if I'm not playing video games, I'm at least on the computer. I'm almost always in front of a screen, or so it seems.
Same here, dude. Haha, or behind the wheel. Thats pretty much it.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well back when I was younger, especially during summers, I used to spend endless hours a day playing video games. Nowadays I barely have time to play alot since I have other things to attend to such as my social life, I'll roughly play about 2-3 hours a day, usually only every- other day, not everyday.

Top Bottom