• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much HP does Sheik's shield have?

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I would post this in Q&A but then it would get lost very easily.
I saw a thread about shield bust and someone mentioned in there how much a shield's HP has (or at least how much a certain character has).
So I done some testing and found out exactly how much HP Sheik's shield has and exactly how fast it regenerates.

All test's were done in training mode a Shadow Moses Island.
They were done by attacking Sheik and counting the strokes of Sheiks jab (there were two Sheiks).
After I had the number in which it took to bust the shield I then attacked Sheik to see how much it done. After that I added up 16 x 2 + 3 x 2. It comes up to 38.
The decay of the shield and the regain of the shield was simply a rough estimate by counting the seconds it took for it to regain and for it to decay. I then divided 38 by that number, and rounded.

Shield= 38 HP
Speed at which it regains= about 4 HP per second
How fast does the shield decays when simply held up= about 6 HP per second

More facts about Sheiks Shield:
It VERY small. It barely covers Sheiks body and her feet are exposed when the shield is fresh.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Are you sure the shield can only hold 38%? I blocked a rock smash from Charzard, which does 45%, and it did not break my shield.

saviorslegacy

I disagree. D3 seems to take more of a beating that anyone else with his shield up.

Oops, I'm going to have to redo this.
I was holding the shield up and thus time was eating away at it.

I'll get some to test with me tomorrow with Fox's FSmash or something along that line.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I disagree. D3 seems to take more of a beating that anyone else with his shield up.

I'll get some to test with me tomorrow with Fox's FSmash or something along that line.
I'll be honest with you savior this doesn't seem to be in your normal field of study. Although it is good to see you finally cranking out the calculator

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect

How could you possibly disagree with that? You way of reasoning on this subject does not make sense, while the one I linked does.

If you honestly did use Sheik's continuous jab, then there was no automatic decay.

And yet again I refer to Marth's untippered fsmash, it does 14%.

Good luck breaking any shield with that.

saviorslegacy

I'll be honest with you savior this doesn't seem to be in your normal field of study. Although it is good to see you finally cranking out the calculator
I was fighting Neo earlier and because wi-fi was screwy I was shield dashing for spacing. So I was was curious about how large Sheiks shield was. So I kinda forgot about it and then I read a post on it. That got me curious.

lol, I hate math. You can stick with it for now on (even though there wasn't anything hard to do).

I am making leaps and bounds in my research of the chain jack. I can now jack about 1/3 of the time. It is actually really easy.
I found out the cause of the chain jack, or at least a theory.

In Brawl there are things known as silent moves. Falco has a silent laser, Jigg has a silent pound and Sheik has a silent Needle (it is extremely use;ess since all it does is make you dump every Needle you have charged without a hit box). You can also cancel every airiral before their move has a hit box be performing the attack on this frame.
Guess what else can be performed on this frame? The infinite jump glitch.

To learn the chain jack learn Falco's silent laser. Then apply that to Sheik, since it is the same frame.
That is my theory on why we get a jack.
Why do we jack a move? Heck if I know.

I was able to only half way jack a move. The front part of the chain was normal while the part back by Sheik was jacked.
I am also noticing invisible hit box's, a hit box longer than Sheik's normal chain and even something a call the silent chain. It is a chain with absolutely no hit box. The foe CANNOT get hurt.

The chain is not a move, it is a glitch! o-O

:EDIT:
How could you possibly disagree with that? You way of reasoning on this subject does not make sense, while the one I linked does.

If you honestly did use Sheik's continuous jab, then there was no automatic decay.

And yet again I refer to Marth's untippered fsmash, it does 14%.

Good luck breaking any shield with that.
Did that guy say he tested every character? For all we know he could have just tested Mario.
All I know is when it comes to shields it is D3 > Sheik
That right there is enough reason to look into it a little more.

saviorslegacy

Sheik's shield is very nice in that in will hold up to metaknights tornado, because the nado makes him rise, and sheik's shield covers the upper portion of her body.
That and you can tilt the shield up to cover her better when it is smaller.

My only problem is that her feet are exposed, all of the time!

saviorslegacy

Talking about weakness of sheik that we cannot fix opening will not help her >_>
We can fix every weakness she has.
The big one's are:

#1 she has trouble killing

#2 she is light

#3 her shield sucks

solutions for problems:

#1 f-tilt> USmash, GR> DACUS, Vanish catch> Needle's> USmash, ledge guard> Nair or if you want to be creative use the chain to get them up really high really quick and then end with a Nair

#2 DI baby http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU-8wFdhSkA + hit and run playstyle

#3 hit and run play style
There really isn't a reason to use shield unless it is for a power shield. Other wise it is useless and you should use your speed to avoid harm.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Actually, that is really just an illusion caused by the size of the shield in proportion to the character. Every character's shield has the exact same max health regardless of the size of the shield. Jigglypuff is probably the best example for this, as she seems to have her shield shrink much faster than most other characters because of how incredibly large and disproportionate her shield was to start with. Meanwhile, if you look at the PSA character wisp, the max size of the shield is about the size of the average character's shield just as it's about to be broken, and hardly shrinks, if it shrinks at all, although it still takes 70 HP of shield damage before it breaks, just like everyone else.

Also, due to the spherical nature of shields, it obviously covers more spherical characters better.

saviorslegacy

Actually, that is really just an illusion caused by the size of the shield in proportion to the character. Every character's shield has the exact same max health regardless of the size of the shield. Jigglypuff is probably the best example for this, as she seems to have her shield shrink much faster than most other characters because of how incredibly large and disproportionate her shield was to start with. Meanwhile, if you look at the PSA character wisp, the max size of the shield is about the size of the average character's shield just as it's about to be broken, and hardly shrinks, if it shrinks at all, although it still takes 70 HP of shield damage before it breaks, just like everyone else.

Also, due to the spherical nature of shields, it obviously covers more spherical characters better.
Now this I would believe.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
this is so OT, but does anyone know the logic behind why jiggly gets star KOed when her shield breaks?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Okay guys... Let me lay it on you.

1. Sheik's sheild isn't that bad. It doesn't cover her feet well, true BUT you can angle it down if you need to.
2. %damage has nothing to do with sheild damage. Mr. Saturn ***** shield but does like 4 damage or something. someone mentioned pound and shield breaker as other examples.
3. Sheik's sheild isn't smaller it is centered differently. it covers her upper body very well which is amazing as a defense against aerial approaches and attacks. nado being a more obvious one.
4. you shield coverage has very little to do with you size and shape. jiggs gets poked very easily since once her shield is decayed it no longer covers her whole body. d3 has similar issues. you can poke D3 with needles.

saviorslegacy

just powershield everything and we won't have to worry about this =]
*working on it

Since Sheik is soooo fast we can punish like champions. The best part is you have a 3 frame opportunity to perfect shield. All you need is good prediction skills and lightning reactions.

Top Bottom