• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many Usmash slide cancels (boost smashes) have you hit so far?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Just curious to how useful you guys are finding it. I've gotten some great ones in but 80% of the time its shielded or rolled around.

Squidster

Smash Ace
I don't use it that much unless i see an opening.

I hit with it quite consistently but its only once every 2 games or so.
I think it's useful because a SS (double hit) Usmash does a LOT of damage.

Sometimes i just start doing it over and over again if I'm winning by a lot just to bother oppoenents. The tech is really fun to do =D

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I never had because I've never been able to get the timing for it yet. I can do it for the other characters that are able to do it, but not her for some reason.

Squidster

Smash Ace
It really is useful though ._.

Its not TOO hard once you change your controls. Just set R to attack and turn off tap jump. *shrug*

Its not a HUGE part of my game but its like free damage when the opportunity presents itself. Its also incredibly hard to punish.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Its been a month after I learned this and I can get it 80% of the time on demmand :laugh:

Its really easy once you get it, and a good way to practice is with jiggz because it tends to feel much more smoother and natural.

demodemo

Smash Ace
Err.. learning?

Isn't boost smashing just dashing + charging upsmash? Or do you guys mean by application? Even so there is not much too it since you are just dashing + attacking. just memorize the timings, doesnt take too long.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Ok a boost smash is giving your Up smash with the momentum of the dash attack which is some glitch allowing her to slide really far.

Heres how you do it. Set L button to attack. Run, c-stick down and around the same time Up L.

You will notice a huge difference in just running and doing an upsmash.

Dubz

Smash Cadet
Eh, I haven't played that much lately but I managed to get one in while playing my friends meta knight after a dsmash I slid right under him while charging and tipper KO'd him lol. Of course this probably only worked because he had no clue I could do it :(.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
I get it a good amount of the time, and usually hit. I use it after hitting with an aerial attack and fast falling to the ground. It's also cool to do it against a shielding enemy on the ledge. Sheik just goes through them and falls on the edge.

Squidster

Smash Ace
Its really fun to do from up close (uncharged) vs a shielding enemy.

Fully charged needle storm -> boost smash vs someone who didn't perfect shield the needles. That person just lost all their shield.

If they perfect shielded the needles they'll have shield left but they can't really punish you since you slide right through them.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Its really fun to do from up close (uncharged) vs a shielding enemy.

Fully charged needle storm -> boost smash vs someone who didn't perfect shield the needles. That person just lost all their shield.

If they perfect shielded the needles they'll have shield left but they can't really punish you since you slide right through them.
Really? That breaks the sheild? Wow that will actually help against my meta friend thanks!

Squidster

Smash Ace
Its doesn't break shield but it'll often shield poke if they don't try to dodge. If not the shield is so small they can't block anything after that so you just rush them.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i just dont think this is as useful as somebody like say wario/falco/snake because the hitbox is still so precise... it's not a high duration move nor does it have a very large hitbox. sure there are times where you'll be able to get a good up smash out of it but it's more situational than i'd like...

I'd learn it absolutely if i was taking brawl very seriously - so i recommend you learn it

just dont expect it to be some amazing technique that will suddenly make the kills come easy. This is just an alternate way of potentially landing the up smash

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
...I really like using it against big characters.

Snake, DK, DeDeDe, Bowser, Ganondorf, and some others ...if you land this right, it's a triple hit, and as one of Sheik's best knockouts, it has a good chance of doing the job. True, it's not the best technique in the world, and it's still situational, but it's still WORTH learning as Gimpy pointed out.

...if you can get it out about 80% of the time, it's worth the effort. the worst that happens when I screw up is that I go into an unnecessary dash attack, or I FSmash in the wrong direction. Given that I only use the technique from decently far away, there have been very few instance where this has gotten me in trouble, and many more instances where it has scored me a nice hit w/extra damage and some kills.

But yeah, a Sheik player could probably be just as well off not learning it as they could be learning it. It's all preference I suppose.

airius

Smash Cadet
It works. try it against falco or wolf next. Theres others just cant remember who all i've done it on.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Yes because it is so difficult, not even teh great drephen or gimpy can master it...

Top Bottom