• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many Usmash slide cancels (boost smashes) have you hit so far?

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
I can do it with sheik once 3 or 4 times... but honestly i rather just hyphen smash anyways. Other than that i still have my "vanish-guard" which i can hit at least 1001% of the time so i'm fine with that.

Squidster

Smash Ace
Hyphen smash has different applications. Boost smash at the right distance cannot be shield grabbed... and a double hit boost smash on the shield tears it apart.

If by vanish guard you mean edge guarding with vanish.... then 1001% is ludicrous :p

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
If by vanish guard you mean edge guarding with vanish.... then 1001% is ludicrous :p

What can i say i'm from texas... but yeah, as long as i know i have perfected that[vanish guard] i'm good. But the main reason i steer towards not using it [boost smash] in an "in-game" situation is because the few times i have done it... were epic failures. LOl so yeah

KRDsonic

Smash Master
What can i say i'm from texas... but yeah, as long as i know i have perfected that[vanish guard] i'm good. But the main reason i steer towards not using it [boost smash] in an "in-game" situation is because the few times i have done it... were epic failures. LOl so yeah
You're not the only one here from texas :p

Anyways, I'm not planning on learning how to do her dash canceled up smash because I can fight well without it, I don't want to change my controller settings just for it because I like my controller the way it is.

Squidster

Smash Ace
But hyphen sounds cool ._.

Its all about how it sounds gimpy. Forward smash is plenty informative... but gimpyfish combo simply sounds better.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
After talking to squidstir about it a smidge I understand it a little better now.

You don't need to change your controller settings to do it. I play using my index finder on the face buttons thumb for B and c-stick so it's a little more natural for me. in essence it's the same idea as changing your control scheme I suppose.

You tap down on the c stick and hit a with you index instead of have to squeeze a trigger with it. You don't need to change your controls to do any of the advanced techs.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
you don't even need to do that but it is a hell of a lot easier, I play with tap jump off. also I thought wavebouncing/b-sticking was something different you can't wavebounce with the normal control scheme.

Top Bottom