• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many times you can pillar?

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I was just bored and went to training mode to practice some stupid techs and I managed to pull of 50 pillars with fox(My lil bro counted them) in a row without messing up. I also did like 20 or so without looking at the TV screen(I'm not joking).

So...... how many times you can pillar? ^^

Just in case:

Pillar = shuffled dair + shine (repeat as many times as you can)

xelad1

Smash Ace
i haven't done this in training mode (since I use the c stick to pillar)... but im sure I could just keep doing them until my thumb hurt. Sometimes I just go and practice that on characters against a wall, I guess maybe after 20 my thumb starts to get tired and I give it a rest.... never tried going for as long as possible though.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
375 +-1

Hey everybody let's invent more pointless tech exercises so I can go learn them and injure my hands further!

I seriously have carpel tunnel or arthritis in my hands or something now. What have you done to me, SMASH!?

j00t

Smash Champion
This is pointless. Everyone can do pillars in training mode. It's being able to do it in real matches that counts.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
This is pointless. Everyone can do pillars in training mode. It's being able to do it in real matches that counts.
Yeah one time I pillared this guy so hard he fell through Corneria. True story!

My hands seriously hurt all the time now. Does anyone else have this problem?

Oh and I can't pillar in training mode because they disabled my c-stick :(

3GOD

Smash Ace
Yeah one time I pillared this guy so hard he fell through Corneria. True story!

My hands seriously hurt all the time now. Does anyone else have this problem?

Oh and I can't pillar in training mode because they disabled my c-stick :(
That doesn't sound good...maybe the claw is bad for you, but my hands never hurt. Of course, I don't use R, so maybe it has something to do with that...it kind of stretches my hand to hit Y with index and R with middle.

I hope it's nothing serious and that you'll be better soon.

Oh yeah - didn't you play drums in high school or something? I know that can cause hand issues for some people.

Better question is, how many turn around wave shines can you do right out of a dashdance without changing direction until after atleast 2 waveshines in that each direction?

EDIT - whoa 2 ppl posted as i posted this.
im slow

j00t

Smash Champion
Mew2King said:
man you guys are so good and technical I can only do like 50-100 if I'm really trying how you guys can do thousands is just too much. I wish I was good at smash too.
You'll get there eventually. :3

Silent Wolf said:
Better question is, how many turn around wave shines can you do right out of a dashdance without changing direction until after atleast 2 waveshines in that each direction?
Ten-Ten is awful. Oh, and a bajillion-million.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
man you guys are so good and technical I can only do like 50-100 if I'm really trying how you guys can do thousands is just too much. I wish I was good at smash too.
Maybe if you practice really hard on your pillar combos one day you can be good too. Don't give up!

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Doing it on someone who's shielding is pointless(just grab him...). Yeah, I do it after getting a kill like 10 times or so I almost never use it for pressure, I prefer dair> JC grab out of shine(even with falco)

@ SW: you mean DD > 2 turn around waveshines (repeat)? sorry but I don't understand your question =( And you didn't answer mine... who cares... but is good to know

btw how many double shine pillars can you do? (with fox)

@ Cort : "In fact I'm still doing them right now as I type this " LOL XD

j00t

Smash Champion
dayum cort, calm down. eat a sausage or something.

edit: polish joke, not fat joke, cuz im fatter than you T_T
Fat people are awesome. I only say this because i'm fat as well. *truffle shuffles*

Top Bottom