How many Sonic playable characters should we have?

How many playable Sonic characters would be the best?

• 1-3

Votes: 48 80.0%
  • 4-6

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • 7-9

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 10+

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
No, she shouldn't. She's not a video game character.
Yeah, about that...

A. Sally is actually the squirrel that pops out of robots in the old games:

The cartoon redesigned the character significantly, but didn't create the character. She literally can be seen in the background of Windy Hills.

B. Amy Rose & Charmy are from a Sonic Manga:
https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Amy_(Shogakukan)
https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Charmy_Bee_(Shogakukan)

& yet they still appeared in SSB in compacitiy

Gobthor

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3201-4105-0939
I think 10 would be the best, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Eggman, Omega, Amy, Cream, Big, Rouge.
Dude. I main Ken and Street Fighter is one of my favorite games of all time but you don't see me saying how we need the whole SF2 roster... you're clearly biased torwards your favorite series.

Xelrog

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Yeah, about that...

The cartoon redesigned the character significantly, but didn't create the character. She literally can be seen in the background of Windy Hills.
Well, okay then. In that case, a squirrel that pops out of a badnik (the game version) isn't an important enough character to be in Smash.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Just two or maybe three, Sonic is massive overdue for a another fighter considering it’s been around since Brawl and it’s one of the biggest series in Smash.

The very thought honestly ridicules me but it’s still a 3rd party franchise so keep the numbers limited.

Sebas22

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, about that...

B. Amy Rose & Charmy are from a Sonic Manga:
https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Amy_(Shogakukan)
https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Charmy_Bee_(Shogakukan)

& yet they still appeared in SSB in compacitiy
Yes, she's in the game, but the person who wanted Sally in the game was asking specifically for the one in the comic. And as a far as I know, that version has not appeared in the games.
Also according to the Amy article, the Shogakukan Amy was the inspiration for the games Amy. So, technically speaking, they are not the same character.
I didn't read about Charmy though. I don't like him. He's too annoying.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Journeyman
Yes, she's in the game, but the person who wanted Sally in the game was asking specifically for the one in the comic. And as a far as I know, that version has not appeared in the games.
You're correct! In addition to at least having Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, and Shadow be playable. I would like to have Sally as an assist trophy. I know that everyone would be delighted to see Shadow and Tails's inclusions. But I wonder how they would react to Sally as an assist trophy.

Blue__Falcon

Smash Apprentice
You're correct! In addition to at least having Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, and Shadow be playable. I would like to have Sally as an assist trophy. I know that everyone would be delighted to see Shadow and Tails's inclusions. But I wonder how they would react to Sally as an assist trophy.
Buddy...... just play Mario and Sonic at the Olympics....

LightKnight

Smash Apprentice
If we're being completely reasonable then I can't see the Sonic franchise having anymore than 3 reps as playable...

With that said I'd totally love to see more reps than that. My most wanted characters would be Tails, Mighty, Espio & Knuckles

However, if there were hypothetically no limits to how many could be added then for me personally I could see the following characters as well;
Silver, Eggman, Shadow, Rouge, Amy, and Blaze.

You could also argue for Metal-Sonic but he's the only one I'd make a true 'Echo' while a couple other characters I'd consider more as 'clones' like when comparing Villager to Isabelle.

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
Just because it's a trend thus far doesn't mean it's a rule, much less one enforced by Sakurai.
They have had since brawl to put in another playable Sonic character and they insist on doing only new assist trophies regardless. It's pretty safe to assume that it's a soft rule

They have had since brawl to put in another playable Sonic character and they insist on doing only new assist trophies regardless. It's pretty safe to assume that it's a soft rule
No. The last DK rep was also in Brawl and we just got King K. Rool. Same for Metroid. And remember when everyone said Banjo-Kazooie was a pipe dream?

Last edited: