• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many old stages do you think we'll see?

GamenerdAdvance

Smash Apprentice
Do you think it's possible that we'll see most (if not all) Melee stages return in Brawl?

I think it's entirely likely, and easy for the crew to do. In Melee, they cut lots of corners with clones and whatnot, so who's to say they won't do the same in Brawl? Let's say they create 32 brand-new stages for Brawl, but think that's not enough. What better way to bulk up the stage variety than to add in the 24 unique stages from Melee (five of the 29 weren't unique to Melee)? It would vastly expand the game, it would please the fans of older stages, and it certainly wouldn't be hard or time-consuming to do.

It wouldn't take up much space either. A Wii disc can be up to 8.5GB. A Gamecube disc is 1.5GB; they could squeeze all of SSBM and SSB onto the SSBB disc if they saw fit (though that's pretty unlikely).

So what do you think? How many Melee stages might we see?

That is all.

zarkawi

Smash Cadet
I honestly don't have a clue on how many new stages there will be. But i doubt it'll be nearly all of the melee stages. Especially because some of those stages are clones of brawl stages *cough*battlefield*cough*. I personally don't care, so long as they put in quite a few stages that don't constantly change like castle seige..

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
hmm I'm probablly thinking around 7 melee stages and 5 N64 stages,I know it more than in melee but there were some good stages on the N64 trhat were great and were'nt in melee,oh and to zarkawi above me battlefield is'nt a clone it's the smae exact stage except redone and I personally like it much better

pirkid

Smash Lord
Definitely not all of the Melee stages. Maybe 4-5, and 3 from 64, but even then, maybe not. It depends, he's probably saving his 'Past Stages from N64' to reveal Saffron City or something. >.<

KAFOR

Smash Apprentice
I see the three most memorable stages returning; Hyrule Temple, Lylat Cruise, and Rainbow Cruise.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
well that would be awesome if all stages from melee returned(not in cluding battle field and final dextination whit mostlikly have a new one

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
I say 5 from Melee, 3 from 64.

Melee:
Temple
Pokemon Colloseum
FoD
Kongo Jungle
Mushroom Kingdom (Unless it gets revisioned again)

Dreamland
Temple
Saffron

Conner

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping for 7 old stages, maybe 6. I'm thinking if 7 : 4 from Melee, 3 from N64. If 6 : 4 from Melee, 2
from N64. I actually have a list of my hopes :

Melee
Pokemon Stadium
Brinstar Depths
Final Destination
Corneria

Smash Bros 64
Hyrule Castle
Saffron City
Mushroom Kingdom

If at least a few of these return I'll be happy! :)

LLDL

Smash Hero

There'd better be Final Destination, or they ruined the game... (sigh) jk
there better be a flat stage

F.L.U.D.D.

Smash Cadet
They will probably redo final destination just like battlefield. Or you could just make it.

But I think the stages that will make it back are:

SSB:
Saffron city,
Peach's castle &
Yoshi's Island

SSBM:
Temple (duh)
Icicle mountian
Kongo Jungle
Big blue &
Rainbow cruise

antimatter

Smash Lord
i want to see all of the old n64 stages, but that aint gonna happen. there will probably be 6, double the ones from melee.

Mr. Game and Pichu

Smash Journeyman
All i want is:

N64 Saffron City
N64 Mushroom Kingdom (like the warp pipes)
N64 Dream Land
N64 Kongo Jungle
Melee Temple (OMG leik dat's confirmed!)
Melee Big Blue
Melee Rainbow Cruise

And a Remade Final Destination

Nezuko

Future Gadget Laboratory
Personally, I am hoping for every stage (and every character...but thats another subject)

Hopefully, with the amount of time that they've been working on it the sky really has been the limit. I'm usually the guy that picks the "Random" stage so more stages.. more variety! Of course stages like Corneria and Final Destination are awesome, but its fun to just have frantic fights sometimes on the "hazard" stages.

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
If they don't have one, you can always make your own, so I wouldn't be too worried about that. With that said, I am sure a Final Destination-like stage will be included in Brawl.

F.L.U.D.D.

Smash Cadet
If they don't have one, you can always make your own, so I wouldn't be too worried about that. With that said, I am sure a Final Destination-like stage will be included in Brawl.
uhh... dude I alredy said that... but owell.

I forgot to mention Planet Zebes! That was one of the most challenging stages from the 64 version, the acid hurt you more in that one then the one in melee does.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I'm not sure he's going to give us 64 stages...If he was then I'd hope for:

-Mushroom Kingdom (It's far superior to it's Melee Counterpart)
-Saffron City (Yes, just yes.)
-Hyrule Castle (Awesome Zelda Stage)

From Melee, I'd expect to see:

-Hyrule Temple (CONFIRMED)
-Pokemon Stadium (Since he called the new stadium "Pokemon Stadium 2" this is pretty much a given)
-Rainbow Cruise (Memorable Stage that many people enjoyed)
-Fountain of Dreams (It's a past Kirby stage and was very fair.)
-Mute City (Was, along with Fountain of Dreams and Temple, one of the most recognizable stages in Melee.)
-Final Destination (It HAS to be in again. If not, then there will be a "Brawl" version)

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
uhh... dude I alredy said that... but owell.

I forgot to mention Planet Zebes! That was one of the most challenging stages from the 64 version, the acid hurt you more in that one then the one in melee does.
My bad, I must've overlooked that post.

Zebes was a great stage, I'm hoping the lava in Norfair will have the same kick the N64 acid did.

linkrulezz

Smash Cadet
from the 64 stages i want :
Hyrule Castle
saffron city
Planet Zebes(i loved this level and was bigger than the one in melee)
and mushroom kingdom (were you can use the green pipes)

and stages from melee i want :
Hyrule Temple ( my fav but hes already in )
Pokemon Stadium
Rainbow Cruise
kongo jungle
corneria

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
more like 10 and 5?

temple, big blue, pokemon stadium, rainbow cruise, corneria, yoshi story, brinstar + 3

original ssb: metroid one, star fox one, classic mario one (unlockable one), dream land, pokemon city one and hyrule one

Alan Redgown

Smash Cadet
Yeah. or they wouldent have named the new one "Pokemon Stadium 2"
People always use that argument, but I disagree. The game was called "Pokémon Stadium 2", so it makes sense that the stage would be called that. I don't think that means Pokémon Stadium is definitely a given for Brawl. :/

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
stages that have already returned

Battlefield(same set up, different textures)
Temple

So of course final destination will be back....well then lets bring all the good stages (every stage except the ice climbers melee stage)

Knickknacks

Smash Journeyman
Peach's Castle N64. No ledges, bumper on top(and since bumper is confirmed) plus the two traingles on the sides.....lov'd it.

Ithilgore

Smash Apprentice
I think 3-5 from Melee, and 2-3 from SSB. I would expect Fountain of Dreams to returns, being a popular stage and Sakurai does have some bias for Kirby related stuff. Also Pokemon Stadium 1 would make sense, and compplimeny Stadium 2 perfectly.

The other stages from Melee I can't hazard a guess at, the most obvious choices don't seem to occur for past stages to Sakurai, other then Hyrule Temple (oddchoices for past stages in Melee, missed the most popular stages from SSB, Saffron City, Hyrule Castle etc). I don't think Final Destination will return, I think there'll be a new version of it for Brawl, like Battlefield.

Top Bottom